Not according to plan...

All last week I prepared for my very first maternity photos. I made hats for our baby girl, gathered some of her new and hand-me-down clothes, looked online for photo ideas, etc. I was very excited to have the pictures taken since I've never done anything like this.

When I was pregnant for the first time, with Jaden, I hardly allowed any photos to be taken of me pregnant. I felt so huge, so swollen and so unattractive. During my second pregnancy, with Sienna, I took more photos including weekly ones of my belly for the last 15 weeks or so of the pregnancy. I realized that even though I felt unattractive while pregnant, it truly is a beautiful thing. This time around, I decided I would do an entire maternity photo shoot and I found an incredible photographer who was willing to use some of my ideas along with hers at a fantastic price.

On Saturday morning, about an hour into my getting ready for the shoot, Jaden came downstairs and told me Sienna had thrown up. Rarely does anyone in our family get sick, so at first I didn't believe what I was hearing, but it was true. The plans of our entire family being involved in the photos went out the window, though photographer Kelli was generous and understanding enough to offer to take a few more photos at a later date.

Kelli was wonderful to work with, spent way too much time with me, and had many great ideas in addition to those I gave to her. Here are a few of my favorites so far from that day:






This is only a small sampling--Kelli took over 580 shots that morning! I love all of them that I've seen so far, though I don't really care for how swollen and fat my legs and feet are in a few. As most of you know from seeing me during my past pregnancies, I carry quite a bit of fluid in my lower extremities--not fun, but it's been bearable this time around since I can wear pants every day :)

I would highly recommend Kelli of ThisLittlePiggyPhotography to anyone who lives in my area. She does shoots on location and instead of charging you per print that you order, she charges a flat session fee in exchange for all of your edited prints on a jump drive. Then you may print them in whatever quantity you want (mpix.com is a great place to print high quality professional prints). The cost of a session with Kelli is very affordable, and if you're interested in her contact information, I'm happy to provide it to you. Just email me or comment below!

I hate that I have to address this part, but facebook violated me last night and since this is our personal blog, I feel it is the best forum to address what happened. In addition to many poses like the ones I've shared above, I did have some beautiful, tasteful, artistic photos taken during my maternity session where I am completely covered, yet wearing a little less clothing. I gave the photographer permission to use the photos for her business and that included posting some on her facebook page so long as I was not "tagged" in any of them or associated in any way w/ them. I invited a few people I trusted to view the photos, but otherwise did not put any of them on my wall, etc. Last night I commented on one where you can see my very swollen legs and suddenly the photo, with my comment, showed up on all 900+ of my facebook friends' newsfeeds. It was there for about 90 minutes before I found out and I've never felt so invaded, so violated in my entire life. I have the highest privacy options selected and keep tabs on my privacy setup all the time on facebook. I never knew that people who were not a fan of the photography site would be able to see anything I wrote on my photo.

Kelli immediately removed all of the photos and has been amazing through this entire situation. It is facebook that I can no longer trust. I have deactivated my account indefinitely.

I hope and pray that none of my young cousins, children's babysitters, etc. saw the photos. Again, there was nothing inappropriate showing, but I still would never have wanted them to go public. I'm embarrassed and sorry that this even happened.

Sorry to conclude on such a down note, but I want to just say again that I love my photos, can't say enough good about this photographer and would highly recommend ThisLittlePiggyPhotography to anyone! Have a great day everyone :)

Comments

Keri Bush said…
Bethany, so sorry that this happened to you. I did see the pic that remain. they are beautiful! You are beautiful!
Cindy Bailey said…
Bethany I'm sorry that you had that experience on Facebook. Your pictures are beautiful and I'm sure that your third daughter will cherish these when she's older.
Kelli said…
I was stopping over from Kelly's Korner about your school...my brother goes to OU now (I went to Ohio State) and saw your photographer's name! How fun. Your pictures turned out well. I am sorry to hear about the FB incident.

Popular Posts