Our Christmas...just 45 days late :)
Christmas 2010 was a little bit jumbled, quite cluttered with boxes, busy beyond words and yet very fun and exciting none-the-less. With 60% or more of our home packed up for the move by the time it was Christmas Eve, MamaVitt was a bit more than worn out. Because of this, I'm sorry to say I didn't take nearly the number of photos I should've--I was too busy playing, relaxing, eating, sleeping, enjoying, talking and so on.
I don't think I ever revealed the Christmas cards we got, courtesy of Shutterfly's blogger giveaway:
I loved how they turned out! Loved even more when one of my IRL friends who also blogs sent me the exact same card with photos of her family on it :)
On Christmas morning Jaden and Sienna woke up bright and early, ready to see the surprises left by Santa as well as Mom and Dad the night before.
They were almost too excited to sit still for a quick photo in their Santa jammies...
So fortunately Santa had already put together their mini trampoline for them to burn off some excitement and energy while Daddy slowly rolled out of bed!
Both girls tore through their gifts very quickly with bright eyes, delighted squeals and a whole lot of amusement. Both girls were thrilled over their new sketchers shoes, their keyboard and some new books. Sienna couldn't wait to tear her doggie out of the package to walk it while Jaden was dressing up in the new princess attire just moments after opening her gifts. Scott spent a good part of the rest of the day wrestling Barbie pieces out of the packaging, putting together a Tangled Tower that the girls got from Uncle Ryan and arranging over and over the gifts when they began to take over the whole house.

I watched and played with the girls a little bit, but mostly was manning the kitchen with a full brunch for our immediate family followed by a DELICIOUS Martha Stewart-inspired stuffed turkey breast (picture sausage and kale stuffing inside a rolled turkey breast--yum!) for our parents and extended family. I'll have to share that recipe soon (hmmm, wonder where it is now that we moved??!!), but for now you can drool over our old-fashioned candy shoppe inspired Christmas table:
In all of the hustle and bustle of hosting Christmas in the middle of our big move, I neglected to take a family or group photo of any kind that day--SHAME ON ME!!! I regret it a teeny bit now and won't let it happen again. I'm glad we have this picture from Christmas Eve though:
(That's Scott's mom who joined us in the photo because Sienna was being quite sassy at the time)
And I'm also happy for the photos we took the week before Christmas after my grandfather's funeral:

Overall, Christmas was very fun and went by too quickly. I love a home filled with family more than anything else in life, so that makes Christmas extra special for me. I also REALLY enjoyed our Christmas Eve church service which highlighted the true meaning for our celebrating--the verses shared that night and the many songs sung by our talented worship team made for an amazing service!
Now, back to more current photos and memories :) Tomorrow or Thursday that is...
I don't think I ever revealed the Christmas cards we got, courtesy of Shutterfly's blogger giveaway:
I loved how they turned out! Loved even more when one of my IRL friends who also blogs sent me the exact same card with photos of her family on it :)On Christmas morning Jaden and Sienna woke up bright and early, ready to see the surprises left by Santa as well as Mom and Dad the night before.
They were almost too excited to sit still for a quick photo in their Santa jammies...
So fortunately Santa had already put together their mini trampoline for them to burn off some excitement and energy while Daddy slowly rolled out of bed!
Both girls tore through their gifts very quickly with bright eyes, delighted squeals and a whole lot of amusement. Both girls were thrilled over their new sketchers shoes, their keyboard and some new books. Sienna couldn't wait to tear her doggie out of the package to walk it while Jaden was dressing up in the new princess attire just moments after opening her gifts. Scott spent a good part of the rest of the day wrestling Barbie pieces out of the packaging, putting together a Tangled Tower that the girls got from Uncle Ryan and arranging over and over the gifts when they began to take over the whole house. 
I watched and played with the girls a little bit, but mostly was manning the kitchen with a full brunch for our immediate family followed by a DELICIOUS Martha Stewart-inspired stuffed turkey breast (picture sausage and kale stuffing inside a rolled turkey breast--yum!) for our parents and extended family. I'll have to share that recipe soon (hmmm, wonder where it is now that we moved??!!), but for now you can drool over our old-fashioned candy shoppe inspired Christmas table:
In all of the hustle and bustle of hosting Christmas in the middle of our big move, I neglected to take a family or group photo of any kind that day--SHAME ON ME!!! I regret it a teeny bit now and won't let it happen again. I'm glad we have this picture from Christmas Eve though:
(That's Scott's mom who joined us in the photo because Sienna was being quite sassy at the time)And I'm also happy for the photos we took the week before Christmas after my grandfather's funeral:

Overall, Christmas was very fun and went by too quickly. I love a home filled with family more than anything else in life, so that makes Christmas extra special for me. I also REALLY enjoyed our Christmas Eve church service which highlighted the true meaning for our celebrating--the verses shared that night and the many songs sung by our talented worship team made for an amazing service!Now, back to more current photos and memories :) Tomorrow or Thursday that is...


Comments