Moving Day!

On January 7th, after waiting impatiently for inspections to pass and final touches to be done, our new home was ready for us to move into! Looking back, the timing of our move was perfect even though I was ready to be in last November :) I had plenty of time and not to mention amazing help from my mom, my sisters, my aunt and a couple of friends to pack each box in time for our move. Plus we were able to have a very nice Christmas in our old house before the real craziness started. Now that I'm seeing how much time it takes to settle down in a new house, I'm happy we had Christmas before moving in because I would've felt so disorganized during the holidays otherwise!

We used a moving company that is actually owned by some friends of ours and overall things went well. I was absolutely AMAZED at how quickly the couches were out of the house followed by box after box after box. Six fast-moving workers ran through the house collecting each item and loading it into the truck. It made me dizzy to watch!








I took the above photos during the first half of the move--not sure what happened to my camera settings for the last photo, but I didn't notice it until a few days later so that's the best I got. I couldn't believe we filled that entire truck, but then again, with all of the baby gear, kid stuff, furniture, craft items and the rest of the normal things one has in a home, I guess it's not too hard to do!

Unfortunately after two dry days it had snowed the night before our move which made things extra wet, cold and dirty. We had to take special care not to harm the flooring at our new home and I spent the afternoon freezing cold while the guys unloaded the truck and brought everything in. I guess moving in January isn't ideal, but they got it done!

Because of how cold and distracted I was at the new house, I didn't capture any photos of the guys working on bringing stuff in, but soon I'll be ready to show the new home room by room with our furniture in it, our curtains hung, etc. I have a few rooms that are almost completely done and I can't wait to share! As we get organized and settled, the new home is feeling more and more like "home" and is very warm and cozy. I feel like living there is a dream and feel blessed every single day as I walk through the rooms of the house!

Comments

Popular Posts