Progress
As of today, it has been 41 days since we moved into our new home. Eight of those days we were out of town, leaving us 33 days so far to get unpacked and make this house our "home." It is far from done, but I'm happy with the progress so far, and today I thought I'd share a tour of the house so far with some bullet points about what we still would like to do in each room / area!

--The chair by the lockers will be moved soon; Mama here sometimes needs to sit down to put on her shoes since this big belly is in the way these days :)
--We'll be hanging a few things on the left-hand wall in the first photo next to the door to create a message center: a bulletin board, video message board, calendar, mail cubby for Scott, etc.
--Would like to get baskets for the lockers to hold our gloves / hats / scarves
--Thinking of ideas for something decorative for on top of the lockers (suggestions please!)
Laundry Room:
(I was in the middle of doing a bit of laundry you can see!)
--I have a cute saying to hang on the wall by the stackable laundry baskets (which is where I sort my laundry in case you're wondering)
--We need to hang a bar between the upper cabinets for hanging up clothes straight out of the dryer
--I hope some day the carseat will be moved, but for now it's a very effective time-out chair for our Sienna's most stubborn and sassy moments, so it has a temporary home in the laundry room :)
Kitchen:

--I have beautiful glass artwork to hang on each side of the breakfast table
--Curtains in the breakfast table nook are now here and ready to hang; just need to screw in the curtain rods
--Need to collect a few wine bottles for the wine rack (donations appreciated haha!)
--We'd like to replace the chairs at the bar and add a third one; right now we're using more contemporary chairs than we'd like, but we had them at the other house and they work just fine until we have money to buy new!
--Eventually we'd also like to put a different table in the breakfast nook; one that is rectangular instead of oval and one that has a single pedestal holding it up versus four table legs
--I'm thinking of ideas for decorations on top of the cabinets...any ideas would be much appreciated!!
Half Bath (main floor):
See that big belly poking out! There was no way to take a pic without the belly showing :)
--I have a few things to hang on the walls, just need to put them up
--A balloon shade is ordered for the window; it will be blue, brown and ivory
Hallway to Half Bath:
--This is an area you only see when walking to the half bath, but I'd like to do something on the empty wall; perhaps a long shelf built by my grandfather and a few pictures?
Dining Room:
--Currently this is our "curtain hemming and making zone" so of course I'll be cleaning up the clutter as soon as we're done!
--We have a mirror to hang over the buffet
--We have curtains to hang and balloon shades on order for the windows
--On the table are some glass flowers that I'm going to hang in a cluster on the left wall (you can't see it here)
--I may display a few of my grandmother's dishes on top of the buffet once I see how everything else comes together. Or candles. Or something else as I see fit!
Entryway / Foyer / Stairtower:


--I will be hanging a gallery of photos in the upstairs hallway which will be seen from this area
--We have a welcome sign to hang up that will be seen as soon as you walk in the front door
Family Room / Great Room:


--We have curtains to hang on the windows and sliding door; hope to have them up this weekend!
--We'd eventually like to replace the rocking chair with a leather recliner (it actually has been replaced by one we're borrowing from my father-in-law for now, but we hope to save money to buy our own later)
--We have a beautiful print of a painting that we bought on our cruise being framed right now to hang over the fireplace
--We've ordered a fireplace screen and tool set; they are on backorder for two more weeks
--We'd like to hang a few other things on the back wall (behind the couch), but aren't sure yet what to hang
Master Bedroom:
--Curtains being hemmed and hung this weekend on the windows
--I'd like another pillow or two for our bed; just need to find the right color(s)
--Eventually (like after every other thing in the house is done / purchased, so thinking years from now) we'd like a more traditional bedroom suite. This one looked amazing in our old house, but is a bit out of place here in our more traditional home.
--Our bedside lamps broke during the move and won't stay "on" so we'll have to replace those
--Would love a flat screen TV on the wall above our dresser, but not for awhile
--Suggestions welcome for other ideas for decorations on the walls, etc!
Den:

--I need to de-clutter this room :) It's where everything goes when I don't want to see it in my kitchen, etc so things pile up easily
--The rest of the curtains, as well as tiebacks, will be going up this weekend
--Not really sure about too many other decorations until later since we'd eventually like to install built-in wall cabinets where the shelves are now
Master Bath:


--Balloon shades have been ordered in shades of gold, dark red and brown
--Need to get hand towels and rugs that match the curtains once they come in
--Would like to put candles or something around the tub eventually
--Hoping to keep my closet as clean and organized as it is now all the time!
Stairs leading to basement:


--Adorable paisley curtains being hung this weekend
--I have a vinyl saying to put up on one of the walls
--We'd like to paint the computer desk and bookshelf ivory to match the woodwork; that will be later though
Baby Bedroom:
Oh don't even get me started on the amount of work that I still need to do in here in the next 6 weeks :)
--Curtain fabric has been ordered and received; will be making those this weekend
--Bedding on order through a fabulous designer on etsy.com
--Need to unpack her hand-me-down clothes, blankets, etc and get them washed and put away
--Futon needs put together; it will sit in front of the window
--I'd like to make name letters to match her bedding, but can't do so until we nail down a name for sure (we're pretty sure, but Scott's not 100%)
--I'll be hanging some of my maternity photos and her newborn photos as soon as she's here and the photos are done
Jaden and Sienna's Bedroom:


--Almost all of their furniture is in now; just waiting on a piece to their bunk beds and then Scott will put them together
--Curtains are done and ready to go up!
--Vinyl polka dots to match their bedding are on order; they'll cover the white section on their walls
--We have plenty of other various decorations, just waiting on the polka dots and bed to go up, then we'll decide what and where to hang things :)
Guest Bedroom & Private Guest Bathroom:




--I need to figure out what to do as far as curtains; I don't want to cover up that adorable arch-top window!
--I'm going to hang some of my paintings by P Buckley Moss in this room
--Haven't decided on how to decorate the bathroom aside from the "clean white look"
--I hope the closet always looks this tidy! ha!
Mudroom / Lockers:

--The chair by the lockers will be moved soon; Mama here sometimes needs to sit down to put on her shoes since this big belly is in the way these days :)--We'll be hanging a few things on the left-hand wall in the first photo next to the door to create a message center: a bulletin board, video message board, calendar, mail cubby for Scott, etc.
--Would like to get baskets for the lockers to hold our gloves / hats / scarves
--Thinking of ideas for something decorative for on top of the lockers (suggestions please!)
Laundry Room:
(I was in the middle of doing a bit of laundry you can see!)--I have a cute saying to hang on the wall by the stackable laundry baskets (which is where I sort my laundry in case you're wondering)
--We need to hang a bar between the upper cabinets for hanging up clothes straight out of the dryer
--I hope some day the carseat will be moved, but for now it's a very effective time-out chair for our Sienna's most stubborn and sassy moments, so it has a temporary home in the laundry room :)
Kitchen:

--I have beautiful glass artwork to hang on each side of the breakfast table--Curtains in the breakfast table nook are now here and ready to hang; just need to screw in the curtain rods
--Need to collect a few wine bottles for the wine rack (donations appreciated haha!)
--We'd like to replace the chairs at the bar and add a third one; right now we're using more contemporary chairs than we'd like, but we had them at the other house and they work just fine until we have money to buy new!
--Eventually we'd also like to put a different table in the breakfast nook; one that is rectangular instead of oval and one that has a single pedestal holding it up versus four table legs
--I'm thinking of ideas for decorations on top of the cabinets...any ideas would be much appreciated!!
Half Bath (main floor):
See that big belly poking out! There was no way to take a pic without the belly showing :)--I have a few things to hang on the walls, just need to put them up
--A balloon shade is ordered for the window; it will be blue, brown and ivory
Hallway to Half Bath:
--This is an area you only see when walking to the half bath, but I'd like to do something on the empty wall; perhaps a long shelf built by my grandfather and a few pictures?Dining Room:
--Currently this is our "curtain hemming and making zone" so of course I'll be cleaning up the clutter as soon as we're done!--We have a mirror to hang over the buffet
--We have curtains to hang and balloon shades on order for the windows
--On the table are some glass flowers that I'm going to hang in a cluster on the left wall (you can't see it here)
--I may display a few of my grandmother's dishes on top of the buffet once I see how everything else comes together. Or candles. Or something else as I see fit!
Entryway / Foyer / Stairtower:


--I will be hanging a gallery of photos in the upstairs hallway which will be seen from this area--We have a welcome sign to hang up that will be seen as soon as you walk in the front door
Family Room / Great Room:


--We have curtains to hang on the windows and sliding door; hope to have them up this weekend!--We'd eventually like to replace the rocking chair with a leather recliner (it actually has been replaced by one we're borrowing from my father-in-law for now, but we hope to save money to buy our own later)
--We have a beautiful print of a painting that we bought on our cruise being framed right now to hang over the fireplace
--We've ordered a fireplace screen and tool set; they are on backorder for two more weeks
--We'd like to hang a few other things on the back wall (behind the couch), but aren't sure yet what to hang
Master Bedroom:
--Curtains being hemmed and hung this weekend on the windows--I'd like another pillow or two for our bed; just need to find the right color(s)
--Eventually (like after every other thing in the house is done / purchased, so thinking years from now) we'd like a more traditional bedroom suite. This one looked amazing in our old house, but is a bit out of place here in our more traditional home.
--Our bedside lamps broke during the move and won't stay "on" so we'll have to replace those
--Would love a flat screen TV on the wall above our dresser, but not for awhile
--Suggestions welcome for other ideas for decorations on the walls, etc!
Den:

--I need to de-clutter this room :) It's where everything goes when I don't want to see it in my kitchen, etc so things pile up easily--The rest of the curtains, as well as tiebacks, will be going up this weekend
--Not really sure about too many other decorations until later since we'd eventually like to install built-in wall cabinets where the shelves are now
Master Bath:


--Balloon shades have been ordered in shades of gold, dark red and brown--Need to get hand towels and rugs that match the curtains once they come in
--Would like to put candles or something around the tub eventually
--Hoping to keep my closet as clean and organized as it is now all the time!
Stairs leading to basement:


--Adorable paisley curtains being hung this weekend--I have a vinyl saying to put up on one of the walls
--We'd like to paint the computer desk and bookshelf ivory to match the woodwork; that will be later though
Baby Bedroom:
Oh don't even get me started on the amount of work that I still need to do in here in the next 6 weeks :)--Curtain fabric has been ordered and received; will be making those this weekend
--Bedding on order through a fabulous designer on etsy.com
--Need to unpack her hand-me-down clothes, blankets, etc and get them washed and put away
--Futon needs put together; it will sit in front of the window
--I'd like to make name letters to match her bedding, but can't do so until we nail down a name for sure (we're pretty sure, but Scott's not 100%)
--I'll be hanging some of my maternity photos and her newborn photos as soon as she's here and the photos are done
Jaden and Sienna's Bedroom:


--Almost all of their furniture is in now; just waiting on a piece to their bunk beds and then Scott will put them together--Curtains are done and ready to go up!
--Vinyl polka dots to match their bedding are on order; they'll cover the white section on their walls
--We have plenty of other various decorations, just waiting on the polka dots and bed to go up, then we'll decide what and where to hang things :)
Guest Bedroom & Private Guest Bathroom:




--I need to figure out what to do as far as curtains; I don't want to cover up that adorable arch-top window!--I'm going to hang some of my paintings by P Buckley Moss in this room
--Haven't decided on how to decorate the bathroom aside from the "clean white look"
--I hope the closet always looks this tidy! ha!
Well there you have it friends--a first glimpse of what we've accomplished so far in our home and our "to do" list for each room / area to make it more "ours." Hope you enjoyed your tour! As we get each room fully completed I'll share more of our progress. Have a happy Thursday everyone!




Comments