Random Wednesday Thoughts

I'm getting my first ever maternity photos taken on Saturday. I'm excited. I'm nervous. I will take any and all ideas you're willing to offer me :)

Apparently at the newly expanded Super-Walmart nearby, having 45 items in the "20 items or less" aisle is appropriate. At least it was this morning, when I needed to wait behind a woman and her son as all 45 items were being rung up and bagged. Meanwhile, I just needed to buy 2 items.

My father-in-law is letting us borrow one of his super comfortable leather recliners for the remainder of my pregnancy. I'm sitting in it now and I have a feeling it's going to be tough to get up from it! I can't wait to try sleeping in it tonight to hopefully relieve some of my shoulder pain.

Why is this little 5-year-old smiling from ear to ear?

No, not because of the Valentine treats she had in her hands. She's all smiles because she has been moved up to "Extended Day" at school which essentially means she's a kindergartner now! She is so excited and proud to be in the extended day program. Next year she will continue with the planned year of kindergarten; this will just give her a head start!

I'm thinking very seriously about delving into the world of digital scrapbooking, so much in fact that I'm thinking of only taking my laptop and digital Creative Memories disks to my upcoming scrapbooking weekend in March. While I LOVE creating with my hands and all of my beautiful cropping tools and papers, I think this is necessary in order to keep up with my children's yearly books. Have any of you ever made a digital book? If so, let me know what you like about the digital world of cropping!

Today while at Walmart (after waiting oh so patiently for the 45-item-girl) the cashier told me I looked "cute" pregnant. I chuckled as I thanked her and walked away. Sienna asked why I was laughing, so I replied, "because the lady told me I was cute." Sienna then said, "you're not cute Mommy, you're BEAUTIFUL!" Oh my, I could feel my heart melt at that moment!

I received beautiful diamond earrings for Valentine's day. I love them not only because they're pretty, but also because my husband chose them just for me. I almost cried this morning when I realized I forgot to put them on before leaving to drop Jaden at school!

I'm getting excited about our newest little Vitt's arrival in 6 1/2 weeks. Not that I wasn't excited before, but it's becoming more real now that I bought a baby book for her and a few outfits for this summer. I almost forgot how precious tiny baby clothes were until I was looking through racks of last year's collections at a local boutique which were all on clearance for $2-$15 per outfit. Now I can't wait for our baby girl to be here and to wear her new little dresses!

Time to dress my two little ballerinas for dance class. Happy Wednesday everyone!

Comments

Mom Steps Up said…
Hi Bethany - I haven't kept up with it, but I used to digital scrapbook and loved it!! I loved that I could scrap anywhere (I used my laptop). I didn't have an area dedicated to paper scrapping, so it was a chore to drag the stuff out and clean up each time. I liked that there was no clean up involved. Plus, I could use the papers over and over again. And if I cropped a picture and it didn't look right? Not a problem - I could just 'undo'. Not an option in paper scrapping. I would often get half way into a page find I wasn't loving it, but didn't feel like I could waste what I had done so I'd end up not liking the finished product.

Popular Posts