Happy Father's Day!
This past weekend we spent our time at Lake Erie. It has become our Father's Day tradition to spend the weekend at the lake and we enjoyed every moment of the most perfect weekend. My dad passed away 11 years ago, so I always remember him fondly on Father's Day while spending time with Scott and his dad.
On Saturday we took a ride on the boat to Vermillion, hoped to eat dinner there, but there were zero docks available :-( So we went down the Huron River instead, docked and took a short walk to a family-friendly restaurant. Scott said he'd never do the walk again (it was a little long considering we were carrying two tired tots), but I thought it was worthwhile, especially since I had some delicious apple pie for dessert!


The girls enjoyed the boat ride so much. It amazes me that they are so in love with taking the boat for rides, yet they are always restless on drives in the car. Must be the splashing water and the gorgeous scenery that keep their minds occupied!
On the way back home from dinner we got to witness the most gorgeous sunset. Here is the house at Point Retreat with the sunset behind it...
On both Saturday and Sunday we were in the pool by 10:30am. We tell Jaden and Sienna that the pool doesn't open until 10am because if it were up to them, we'd be swimming (and waking up the neighbors!) at 7:30am sharp! They enjoyed swimming with their Daddy, especially on Father's day morning...
After lunch and naps, they talked Scott into a second swim on Sunday after which they put on their "Father's day outfits"--a tradition I started with Jaden when she was a baby. We took a few photos of the girls with their Grandpa "Papa" Vitt and Daddy before we packed up and headed home...

Their shirts say "Daddy's Princess" although since there are mermaids on the shirts we've convinced Jaden that they say "Daddy's Mermaid." She is obsessed with all things mermaid so I think this might now be her favorite shirt!
Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, the weekend was perfect. Scott and I even got to snooze for a little bit each day while the girls napped. I read some and even squeezed in a good workout while Jaden, Sienna and Scott enjoyed the playground near the lakehouse. It was also great to celebrate what amazing fathers Scott and his dad Rob are. I could not ask for better men in my life and in my daughters' lives. Happy {belated} Father's day to all of the good daddies out there, and especially to my girls' daddy and grandpa!
On Saturday we took a ride on the boat to Vermillion, hoped to eat dinner there, but there were zero docks available :-( So we went down the Huron River instead, docked and took a short walk to a family-friendly restaurant. Scott said he'd never do the walk again (it was a little long considering we were carrying two tired tots), but I thought it was worthwhile, especially since I had some delicious apple pie for dessert!


The girls enjoyed the boat ride so much. It amazes me that they are so in love with taking the boat for rides, yet they are always restless on drives in the car. Must be the splashing water and the gorgeous scenery that keep their minds occupied!On the way back home from dinner we got to witness the most gorgeous sunset. Here is the house at Point Retreat with the sunset behind it...
On both Saturday and Sunday we were in the pool by 10:30am. We tell Jaden and Sienna that the pool doesn't open until 10am because if it were up to them, we'd be swimming (and waking up the neighbors!) at 7:30am sharp! They enjoyed swimming with their Daddy, especially on Father's day morning...
After lunch and naps, they talked Scott into a second swim on Sunday after which they put on their "Father's day outfits"--a tradition I started with Jaden when she was a baby. We took a few photos of the girls with their Grandpa "Papa" Vitt and Daddy before we packed up and headed home...
Their shirts say "Daddy's Princess" although since there are mermaids on the shirts we've convinced Jaden that they say "Daddy's Mermaid." She is obsessed with all things mermaid so I think this might now be her favorite shirt!Like I mentioned at the beginning of this post, the weekend was perfect. Scott and I even got to snooze for a little bit each day while the girls napped. I read some and even squeezed in a good workout while Jaden, Sienna and Scott enjoyed the playground near the lakehouse. It was also great to celebrate what amazing fathers Scott and his dad Rob are. I could not ask for better men in my life and in my daughters' lives. Happy {belated} Father's day to all of the good daddies out there, and especially to my girls' daddy and grandpa!


Comments