Catching up & Weight Loss Wednesday

Today is WEDNESDAY...and you know what that means! I'm happy to report that I did lose this week--0.6lb to be exact! All weekend long I felt so hungry and unsatisfied (except after some delicious dinners!) so I snacked more than I should've. I'm not too disappointed though because a loss is a loss.

I'm not going to do my traditional WLW post today so that I can instead share about our recent trip to the Columbus Zoo! You will enjoy the photos below much more than my ramblings on weight loss anyway :)

The Columbus Zoo has always been a huge attraction in the Columbus, OH area and in recent years it is becoming even bigger and better. They just opened a new polar bear exhibit, so my mom and I couldn't resist taking Jaden and Sienna to see it.

The two bears are named Aurora and Anana. Aurora, pictured above, is pretty nervous about her new habitat, but is getting more familiar with it every day. She paces at the one side a lot, but while we were watching the bears she actually went for a swim!

Here are Jaden and Sienna watching from above the water...

And here they are below the water looking up at the polar bears above them:

It was a little intimidating for us to look up and see this HUGE animal swimming above us, but SO COOL at the same time! The bears were quite entertaining and I could've stayed for hours just watching and photographing them. The whole exhibit is gorgeous (I wouldn't expect anything less from the Columbus Zoo!) and it is incredible that you can view the bears from both above and below.

While I snapped photos, the girls sat down next to Grammy Pammy (my mom) for a snuggle...

And then we went back up to the top part to see one of the bears having a ball with a ball!

I must've snapped the camera 100 times just trying to get a good photograph of their faces and just before we were ready to leave I got the cutest shot:

Aren't those eyes so endearing? Not that I'm ready to jump in for a snuggle with her or anything! These bears are a reminder that we need to take care of our environment and try to make sure the ice shelf ceases keep melting. Those eyes are looking at me saying, "make sure to take care of the world we both live in!"

Jaden loved the bears too and in fact, I caught her having a moment with one of the statues near the exhibit...

Ahhhh...Caught ya!!

After we saw the polar bears, we went for a train ride through the North America exhibits and saw some more animals, all of whom were quite active at the time because they were ready to be fed their dinner! We saw wolves, bears, dear and moose to name a few.

Just before we left we stopped to see one of my favorite animals in the zoo, the elephants. The baby, who I introduced you to last year here was already inside and unavailable for us to see, but we did get to see some of his older relatives. They are so big yet appear so gentle!

While Jaden was enjoying kisses with the polar bears, Sienna had another animal in mind...

Awww :) Before we left for the day my mom got a quick shot of me with the girls. As you can see, we were sweaty and hot, but it was worth all the fun we had!

As soon as we decided to leave (and the zoo was closing anyway) it started raining so we got out just in time. Can't wait to go back next time to the greatest zoo around!

Comments

Liza said…
Congrats on your weight loss! You girls are gorgeous btw!
Life Happens said…
Love the shot of the bear face close up. Nice.

And, your mom looks soooo young! She does NOT look like a grammy at all!

Popular Posts