Jaden's 1st Pajama Party
Last week Jaden hosted her first sleepover with her friend Riley. Tomorrow morning Riley and her family are moving out of state, so after a year and a half of friendship this pajama party was a little bittersweet. Although Jaden doesn't really understand how far away her friend will be, it is sad for me to see these two split up and especially sad because Riley's mom is a good friend of mine!!
Anyway, we girls all had a fun evening together. My intentions were to tire out everyone completely so that they would go to sleep easily, but you'll see that didn't work out quite as I'd planned :)
We ate a quick dinner at home before heading to the movie theater to see Toy Story 3. Sienna, Jaden and Riley split a LARGE popcorn and ate every last kernel along with some swedish fish. I helped them with a handful or two of the popcorn, but I was trying to resist ruining my diet with all of the movie theater goodies so I focused mostly on my diet coke!

The movie was SO CUTE and definitely had a few tear-jerking parts for mama. The premise of the movie for any of you who haven't seen or aren't planning to see it is that Andy is going to college and has to pack up or donate all of his childhood toys before he leaves for campus. The toys go on quite an adventure accidentally ending up at a daycare and then a trash dump before landing in the hands of this sweet little girl Bonnie.
Bonnie shares in Andy's vivid imagination and thus her home is the perfect spot for the toys. The final sequence of events in the movie includes Andy playing with Bonnie and the toys which reminded me a lot of my brother playing with my girls when we visit him. That made me the most teary-eyed because I love my brother to pieces and my girls adore their Uncle Seth too!
After the movie I took a few photos of Riley and Jaden outside before bath time. They were posing and acting super cute!

I let Jaden, Sienna and Riley all have a bath in our jacuzzi tub and it was well over an hour past bedtime by the time I tucked them in. But an hour after we'd all said "goodnight" I walked into Jaden's room and heard her and Riley chit-chatting away...
They were definitely up past 11 o'clock, but I'm thankful they stayed in bed the whole time!
The next morning Jaden still woke up at 7am as usual and she woke up Riley that early too. It was okay since both of them had camps to get to by 9am. We got ready for camp and I did the girls hair in matching braids with pony tails. Both of them recently have just been able to fit all of their hair in a big pony tail so it's a novelty to them...
I again tried to take some photos of them and they acted quite silly for a few--

Here they are modeling their beautiful hair:
Oh Riley-roo, we will miss you and your family SOOOO much! Going to dance class each week won't be the same for us without you and we will definitely miss playdates with you, your brother and your mommy. As promised, Jaden and I definitely will come down to Atlanta sometime to visit you and have another sleepover. Keep in touch with Jaden and I'll make sure she does the same. We love you Riley!!
Anyway, we girls all had a fun evening together. My intentions were to tire out everyone completely so that they would go to sleep easily, but you'll see that didn't work out quite as I'd planned :)
We ate a quick dinner at home before heading to the movie theater to see Toy Story 3. Sienna, Jaden and Riley split a LARGE popcorn and ate every last kernel along with some swedish fish. I helped them with a handful or two of the popcorn, but I was trying to resist ruining my diet with all of the movie theater goodies so I focused mostly on my diet coke!
The movie was SO CUTE and definitely had a few tear-jerking parts for mama. The premise of the movie for any of you who haven't seen or aren't planning to see it is that Andy is going to college and has to pack up or donate all of his childhood toys before he leaves for campus. The toys go on quite an adventure accidentally ending up at a daycare and then a trash dump before landing in the hands of this sweet little girl Bonnie.
Bonnie shares in Andy's vivid imagination and thus her home is the perfect spot for the toys. The final sequence of events in the movie includes Andy playing with Bonnie and the toys which reminded me a lot of my brother playing with my girls when we visit him. That made me the most teary-eyed because I love my brother to pieces and my girls adore their Uncle Seth too!
After the movie I took a few photos of Riley and Jaden outside before bath time. They were posing and acting super cute!
I let Jaden, Sienna and Riley all have a bath in our jacuzzi tub and it was well over an hour past bedtime by the time I tucked them in. But an hour after we'd all said "goodnight" I walked into Jaden's room and heard her and Riley chit-chatting away...
They were definitely up past 11 o'clock, but I'm thankful they stayed in bed the whole time!The next morning Jaden still woke up at 7am as usual and she woke up Riley that early too. It was okay since both of them had camps to get to by 9am. We got ready for camp and I did the girls hair in matching braids with pony tails. Both of them recently have just been able to fit all of their hair in a big pony tail so it's a novelty to them...
I again tried to take some photos of them and they acted quite silly for a few--

Here they are modeling their beautiful hair:
Oh Riley-roo, we will miss you and your family SOOOO much! Going to dance class each week won't be the same for us without you and we will definitely miss playdates with you, your brother and your mommy. As promised, Jaden and I definitely will come down to Atlanta sometime to visit you and have another sleepover. Keep in touch with Jaden and I'll make sure she does the same. We love you Riley!!


Comments