3 cooks in the kitchen
At our house these days, there isn't just one cook in the kitchen, but three (and sometimes four when Scott and I cook together!)!
Jaden and Sienna LOVE to make everything from cupcakes to cookies, enjoy taking the husks off of ears of corn, put toppings on homemade pizza and much more. Anything that I will allow them to do in the kitchen, they are willing to help with!
This past Mothers Day, we made pinkalicious cupcakes (exactly like the cupcakes pictured in the cute story!) and I never got to share these photos so I thought today was as good a day as any.
My two little helpers did everything from putting the ingredients in the bowl to stirring and later icing the cupcakes.
They even added sprinkles and cherries to the top. They did a wonderful job!
More recently Sienna and I bought all of the ingredients to make our own trail mix: raisins, craisins, yogurt-covered cranberries, almonds, sesame sticks and candied walnuts.
Sienna poured each ingredient into the big bowl and with a little bit of help she stirred it all together. She even spooned out some of the mixture into smaller bowls for daddy to take to work and for her Grandpa Gary.
I have to admit, having these two little helpers is quite nice! I love their willingness to do things in the kitchen and hope to keep them helping for years to come :)
Today we just got home from the gym and had lunch, and now we're going to have a laid back afternoon unpacking from a fun weekend at the lake and putting away some clutter that has gathered over the past few weeks! Tomorrow through the weekend is supposed to be SUNNY and WARM so we have lots of swimming planned! Photos from the weekend to come soon. Have a great day everyone!
Jaden and Sienna LOVE to make everything from cupcakes to cookies, enjoy taking the husks off of ears of corn, put toppings on homemade pizza and much more. Anything that I will allow them to do in the kitchen, they are willing to help with!
This past Mothers Day, we made pinkalicious cupcakes (exactly like the cupcakes pictured in the cute story!) and I never got to share these photos so I thought today was as good a day as any.
My two little helpers did everything from putting the ingredients in the bowl to stirring and later icing the cupcakes.
They even added sprinkles and cherries to the top. They did a wonderful job!
More recently Sienna and I bought all of the ingredients to make our own trail mix: raisins, craisins, yogurt-covered cranberries, almonds, sesame sticks and candied walnuts.
Sienna poured each ingredient into the big bowl and with a little bit of help she stirred it all together. She even spooned out some of the mixture into smaller bowls for daddy to take to work and for her Grandpa Gary.
I have to admit, having these two little helpers is quite nice! I love their willingness to do things in the kitchen and hope to keep them helping for years to come :)
Today we just got home from the gym and had lunch, and now we're going to have a laid back afternoon unpacking from a fun weekend at the lake and putting away some clutter that has gathered over the past few weeks! Tomorrow through the weekend is supposed to be SUNNY and WARM so we have lots of swimming planned! Photos from the weekend to come soon. Have a great day everyone!


Comments