Feelings, Food & Friday

**I'm happy to bring back "Fantastic Food Friday" and planned to today, but this came up... Starting again nest week I will share recipes and ideas from my kitchen (I'm soooo not a cook!!) so get excited!**

Some may be wondering why I've chosen to blog again after it was such a sudden end (the accident) where it all could have stopped for good. Why put out in public cyberspace pictures of my family and stories have our day-to-day life? My answer is twofold. Number one, I love the blogging community and have made several lifelong friends through it. And secondly, my children LOVE the memories I share with them. I want them to have a slew of moments to embrace as they grow up through everything I record!

Just 18 months ago, I was near death. Doctors thought I'd lose a leg. A neurosurgeon was not sure I'd wake up after emergency brain surgery. But I survived. And God gives me strength. Every.single.day. These days have not always been the greatest, but I celebrate the smallest of victories and I have an amazing (beyond amazing actually!) group of family and friends ready to lend a hand or a shoulder to lean on at any moment. I am optimistic because pessimism is never an option. This is the hand I've been dealt and I choose to embrace every memory each and every day. 

I had a huge reminder that supports my continued blogging. Yesterday I was shocked to find out that Leslie of The Blonde Ambition had passed away at only 30 years old with 2 girls under two. I have read her blog for 5 years. When our blog it was getting a makeover recently the girl I was working with asked me what I liked and I sent her a link to Leslie's blog. I followed Leslie through engagement, marriage and motherhood. She embraced every single moment and peppered them with humor while still telling some of the not-so-fun details. She remained true to the essence of her blog--fashion and beauty--while there were plenty of tidbits of her life. I knew she was sick. Very sick. I had no idea, because I am not versed in anything medical at all, that she might die. Though I didn't know her personally, I followed her blog and IG. I had a glimpse of her life every single day. Now her daughters will endure life and milestones without their mommy, but they have her words. They have years of blog entries to know most of all how much she loved them and their daddy. From her own words. This has been quite shocking, quite sad, but a great affirmation of what I want for my girls too. I never in a gazillion years thought I'd be hit at 50mph by another skier and all that came (and is still coming!) after that. I'm sure Leslie never thought that a congenital heart condition could become such an ugly battle for her. She longed to be a mom and a wife again. And she was taken too soon. But at very least Caroline and Ainsley can cherish all she wrote. I could not be more content knowing I'm making the same legacy for Jaden, Sienna and Bristol. 

You will be very, very missed Leslie...thank you for all that you shared and for the reminder of why I take the time to blog often. Stephen, C and A are in my prayers; all of your family and friends too. 




Be blessed lovelies...



Comments

Popular Posts