Weekend of Water!

This past weekend was just about perfect! We are at Lake Erie for a month and we got to do so much and have a ton of fun this weekend! My father-in-law has built this amazing sanctuary at the lake and I have been blessed to enjoy it for 11 summers. We started coming to stay a month each summer here at the house 3 years ago and the girls start asking in January how many days until we leave and if I have talked to their Papa about staying at his house. They absolutely adore this place (as does their Mama!).

So back to this weekend--the weather was amazing and when it's so nice, my father-in-law list loves to be outside on the water. So we swam, then Scott got his dad's new paddle board ready for he and Jaden to try. 

 

They were experts and it was so fun to watch! I was dying to try it, but we had to get dinner and Rob, my FIL, had suggested boating to dinner!!

There are several close places for us to boat to for supper. We chose this place that's newer, right on the water, with live music and yummy fruity drinks. We want there via water admiring Cedar Point, among other things, on the way. Then we enjoyed fresh walleye and perch tacos, hamburgers & fries. Before leaving we took some photos on the boat at the dock--



After a great night of sleep (that's what a day full of water fun will do to you!!) we woke up Sunday morning ready for more! It was another awesome day :)

We started out swimming at the pool and paddle boarding. I was determined to use it and I was SUCCESSFUL!!! It was quite an exercise in balance which I still struggle with. But I DID it! And I can't tell you how happy I was!


One year ago these legs couldn't walk much at all, and when they did I had to use a walker; now I can balance myself on a board on the water!!

My sister, Kim, arrived for the night and we were overjoyed when Rob suggested another ride on the boat that afternoon. Everyone got ready for a relaxing jaunt around Kelley's Island.


We are at the point now where boat rides are 95% relaxing. I get to do my 2 favorite activities at the very same time--reading and boating. I'm beyond elated each time we go out. It used to be a teeny bit stressful keeping the girls sitting still because it's hard enough to walk on a moving boat, let alone when you're a newer walker. Now they understand, are careful, hold onto things for support, and sit longer. Jaden and Sienna have even started taking books to read aboard too. Bliss.

Afterward, Scott and I were getting dinner together and Aunt Kim played Frozen trouble with her nieces. They all had so much fun and there was laughter abound! Even when Aunt Kim won, they were all happy. The game ended just as I was grabbing my camera for a picture and Jaden was anti-pictures. Oh well; she'd just been giggling and playing.


The entire weekend had been so exciting and we all went to sleep with smiles spread across our faces :)

Comments

Popular Posts