Gratitude

I read the book that Elizabeth Smart wrote about her kidnapping and how she survived recently. I felt as I was reading that there were many similarities in her survival to that of my own from the major ski accident I was in over 16 months ago. Well my story is certainly nothing like hers and the abuse she received was gut wrenching to say the least, I kept thinking as I read that our spirits are very much like one another's.

Towards the end of her book, Elizabeth writes an entire chapter about gratitude and discusses how that type of attitude has impacted not only her survival, but also her ability to thrive and enjoy life every single day now. I could not agree more. Soon after I was able to post on social media again, I often posted pictures and remarks about thankfulness. Though I have been stripped of so much in an instant, I still have so much love, support, and friendship. Nothing could take that away and I was grateful for every little thing. I truly believe that that is what has gotten me through this past year!

One thing that I always struggle with in terms of blogging is that I constantly feel like I am not journaling so many of the moments are family enjoys. I feel like I'm letting someone down. But let's face it, I will never catch up and I have to come to terms with that. I can only look forward, I cannot look back and I cannot change the past and so many ways. So enjoy these photos that I was able to take on my good camera over the past year and maybe someday I will write more about some of the great memories that we have made this year!


Comments

Popular Posts