Weight Loss Wednesday
One of these days I'll get back on track and actually post these on Wednesdays instead of Thursdays! Yesterday we had an especially busy evening with Little Gym show week and I helped a friend pack a few things for her upcoming move, so by the time I got home I was too tired to think. However...it was a great day for me so read on!
Total Weight Loss So Far: 23.6 lbs (Original weight-in: 163.4; Today's weigh-in: 139.8)
Today was HUGE. I haven't seen 139 on the scale since May 5, 2005. Actually that day I saw 137 on the scale, but who's counting? I guess I should say I haven't seen a "3" as my middle digit since 2005.
Back in December when I finally got my act together and started my current plan to lose weight, I wrote this post on getting real. As you can read there, I was around 135 lbs when I graduated from college at 22 years old, so I'm only 4 lbs up from that. If sharing in my journey does nothing else, I hope that it will prove that mental and physical obstacles CAN be overcome and just because you've had three children and are 8 years older doesn't mean AT ALL that you can't weigh what you once did. I'm going to get there and I'm more sure than ever. I'm struggling to get over my current plateau, but I still know I'm not giving up!
Here I am at 139 lbs!
Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Exercise Plan: I actually lifted 4 times this week and did cardio 4 times. I ran 4 miles one night over our weekend at the lake and it felt great. However, I'm going to keep things less intense this week as I try to push myself even further over the plateau I've been riding on recently.
Goals This Week: I'm working hard this week to get over the hump of this plateau. I've only lost 0.8 in 3 weeks and that's unacceptable to me. To do this, I've given up all artificial sweetners (including diet coke!), I'm doing medium intensity cardio for 8 days instead of doing high intensity, and I'm making sleep an absolute PRIORITY. I've been staying up too late and getting up too early for two weeks and I think it's really making an impact on my body. I started all of this Tuesday morning and things have been great so far. In fact, I'm back to the best nights of sleep ever after a few tough days!
Weight Loss This Week: 1.2 lbs!
Total Weight Loss So Far: 23.6 lbs (Original weight-in: 163.4; Today's weigh-in: 139.8)
Today was HUGE. I haven't seen 139 on the scale since May 5, 2005. Actually that day I saw 137 on the scale, but who's counting? I guess I should say I haven't seen a "3" as my middle digit since 2005.
Back in December when I finally got my act together and started my current plan to lose weight, I wrote this post on getting real. As you can read there, I was around 135 lbs when I graduated from college at 22 years old, so I'm only 4 lbs up from that. If sharing in my journey does nothing else, I hope that it will prove that mental and physical obstacles CAN be overcome and just because you've had three children and are 8 years older doesn't mean AT ALL that you can't weigh what you once did. I'm going to get there and I'm more sure than ever. I'm struggling to get over my current plateau, but I still know I'm not giving up!
Here I am at 139 lbs!
Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Exercise Plan: I actually lifted 4 times this week and did cardio 4 times. I ran 4 miles one night over our weekend at the lake and it felt great. However, I'm going to keep things less intense this week as I try to push myself even further over the plateau I've been riding on recently.
New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share: I watched an old episode of 20/20 on our DVR yesterday while I did a few things around the house. The diet plan / pill / etc. industry in America is completely OUT OF CONTROL. I couldn't believe how angry I was at the entire industry by things shared during the program.
However, there was one piece of positive information that hit home for me. In a study done of people who lose weight and keep it off, they found that those who lost at least 30 pounds and kept it off 5 years later were doing an average of 1 hour of exercise each day. I know for sure that sticking to an exercise plan is going to be vital for me to keep my weight off. I have learned to schedule exercise on my calendar the same way I write down dr. appointments, kids' activities, etc. I will continue doing this for years to come; exercise is incredibly important!!
More inspiring and mind-boggling and infuriating statistics from that 20/20 show are here.
However, there was one piece of positive information that hit home for me. In a study done of people who lose weight and keep it off, they found that those who lost at least 30 pounds and kept it off 5 years later were doing an average of 1 hour of exercise each day. I know for sure that sticking to an exercise plan is going to be vital for me to keep my weight off. I have learned to schedule exercise on my calendar the same way I write down dr. appointments, kids' activities, etc. I will continue doing this for years to come; exercise is incredibly important!!
More inspiring and mind-boggling and infuriating statistics from that 20/20 show are here.
Recipes to Share: Nothing this week, sorry
Goals This Week: I'm working hard this week to get over the hump of this plateau. I've only lost 0.8 in 3 weeks and that's unacceptable to me. To do this, I've given up all artificial sweetners (including diet coke!), I'm doing medium intensity cardio for 8 days instead of doing high intensity, and I'm making sleep an absolute PRIORITY. I've been staying up too late and getting up too early for two weeks and I think it's really making an impact on my body. I started all of this Tuesday morning and things have been great so far. In fact, I'm back to the best nights of sleep ever after a few tough days!
Overall Goals: I have 11 lbs. left to lose total and I'd love to get there by my 30th birthday this summer!

Comments