Sienna's First Dance Recital & The Rest of Our Fun Weekend!
Weekends around here are anything but dull. We always have many fun things planned and try to fit in as much family time as we can. The past three days were especially fun and I couldn't wait to share!
On Friday afternoon we went to take some photos of my cousin Destry and his girlfriend heading off to Prom. I knew Jaden and Sienna would enjoy seeing all of the pretty girls dressed up for the dance and of course they did! There was one girl who had a lavish pink gown with flowers on the fabric and Sienna kept saying she wanted "that one!"
Jaden was almost as dressed up as the big girls:
Here are my cousin Destry and his girlfriend Kaitlyn. I joked to her mom that her dress probably cost more than my wedding gown! Isn't she gorgeous? Oh and that dress...it was stunning!
After prom photos we met my sister Lindsey, nephews Parker and Preston and my stepmom (sidenote: my mom calls her my "bonus mom" and I love that reference so I think that's what I might start referring to her as!--She's a great mom and definitely a bonus for my life!) Darla out for dinner. It was mass chaos with the five rowdy kiddos, so I didn't take a single photo, but it was a good time for everyone.
On Saturday morning I hit the gym while Scott did some yardwork and then he played with the girls for a few hours in the afternoon while I got a few things done. We had tacos for dinner in honor of Cinco de Mayo and then loaded up for a family bike ride to work off those tacos!
We are so fortunate to live near the metroparks system where there is a fabulous bike path to ride on. We all have enjoyed the rides so far this year and can't wait for more!
One perk of the bike path is that it goes through many towns here in Northern Ohio. We stopped in one of the towns for ice cream before turning back to head home.
Bristol is at a stage where she is quite a handful. She's not quite walking 100% of the time, but she doesn't want to be confined to our arms. Eating ice cream with her wiggling to try to get down to the floor of the restaurant was quite difficult for Scott and I. But she's so precious none-the-less :)
Once we got home from our bike ride it was bedtime for the girls and time for me to make some candy kabobs while Scott and I watched tv. The kabobs were for Sienna's candy-themed dance recital the next day and turned out adorably!
Yesterday, Sunday was the recital. One thing I love about the small studio where our girls dance is that they do a small preschool dance "recital" in the studio instead of pressuring the little girls to go on stage. I know many children do great and put on a cute show as 3 & 4-year-olds on stage, but I think our girls have been better suited for this kind of show during the preschool years and then going on stage when they're 5. They're more comfortable, AND their "show" is a full hour long since they show us everything they do during class.
Here was Sienna yesterday when we arrived at the studio. She looked absolutely precious in her costume and of course I had to make a matching bow!
There were two preschool classes at the studio this year and during class they did tap and ballet. So each class performed one dance of each, plus showed us highlights from each element of class (warm-up, across the floor, at the barre, etc). Here's Sienna finishing up her tap dance. She did great!
Half-way through the recital the girls changed into their ballet shoes, but kept the same costumes on (another great thing about our studio--looking out for our wallets even in the older classes by using costumes for multiple dances when they can!).
We kept cheering Sienna on a little big while she did her ballet moves across the floor and we got the cutest little embarrassed eye-roll from her. Of course my camera captured it :)
Her ballet dance was to a song about baking a cake so the girls danced with wooden spoons. I could tell it was a challenge for these young girls to dance holding a prop, but they were absolutely adorable!
Once their performance was over, the teacher presented them each with a bag of goodies and then everyone had a snack at the reception, which was why I'd made the candy kabobs. It was the perfect end to a beautiful show!
Sienna was so grateful to all of my family who came to watch. She got to be the star for Grammy Pammy and her friend Mark, Nana (my bonus mom!), my sister Kim, nephew Parker and of course our immediate family. Scott and I are grateful too that they all drove in to see the show!
Sienna, your first recital was more than perfect. You were the cutest little tap dancer and ballerina and I loved watching your dances and the other things you showed to us. I can't wait for next year when you hit the big stage with Jaden. You are mommy's Pirouette Princess for sure!
Well, the weekend didn't quite end there, even though Sienna's recital certainly was the highlight :) Last night I had bunco with fifteen of my friends and we had a special theme in honor of Cinco de Mayo weekend--"Carnitas and Margaritas." My friend Cindy made the cutest margarita glasses for each of us complete with bunco dice on them!
I didn't take one single photo during bunco. I was too busy enjoying my tacos, nachos and of course a margarita! It's always a fun night with these ladies, but last night was especially fun because of the theme. We also added a little more excitement to the night by each bringing a favorite "product"--anything we can't live without. We each gave a little commercial for our product and the items ended up being a prize at the end. I didn't win the basket of products, but I learned all about scrubbing bubbles and I'm convinced it's going to change my life in terms of cleaning our glass / tile / grout shower (haha). So I stopped at the grocery store last night and picked up my own bottle!
Whew! It was one jam-packed, fun weekend! Now onto the week ahead. It's filled with a few fun activities for the girls, trips to the gym for me, school days and much more. Happy Monday everyone!
On Friday afternoon we went to take some photos of my cousin Destry and his girlfriend heading off to Prom. I knew Jaden and Sienna would enjoy seeing all of the pretty girls dressed up for the dance and of course they did! There was one girl who had a lavish pink gown with flowers on the fabric and Sienna kept saying she wanted "that one!"
Jaden was almost as dressed up as the big girls:
Here are my cousin Destry and his girlfriend Kaitlyn. I joked to her mom that her dress probably cost more than my wedding gown! Isn't she gorgeous? Oh and that dress...it was stunning!
After prom photos we met my sister Lindsey, nephews Parker and Preston and my stepmom (sidenote: my mom calls her my "bonus mom" and I love that reference so I think that's what I might start referring to her as!--She's a great mom and definitely a bonus for my life!) Darla out for dinner. It was mass chaos with the five rowdy kiddos, so I didn't take a single photo, but it was a good time for everyone.
On Saturday morning I hit the gym while Scott did some yardwork and then he played with the girls for a few hours in the afternoon while I got a few things done. We had tacos for dinner in honor of Cinco de Mayo and then loaded up for a family bike ride to work off those tacos!
We are so fortunate to live near the metroparks system where there is a fabulous bike path to ride on. We all have enjoyed the rides so far this year and can't wait for more!
One perk of the bike path is that it goes through many towns here in Northern Ohio. We stopped in one of the towns for ice cream before turning back to head home.
Bristol is at a stage where she is quite a handful. She's not quite walking 100% of the time, but she doesn't want to be confined to our arms. Eating ice cream with her wiggling to try to get down to the floor of the restaurant was quite difficult for Scott and I. But she's so precious none-the-less :)
Once we got home from our bike ride it was bedtime for the girls and time for me to make some candy kabobs while Scott and I watched tv. The kabobs were for Sienna's candy-themed dance recital the next day and turned out adorably!
Yesterday, Sunday was the recital. One thing I love about the small studio where our girls dance is that they do a small preschool dance "recital" in the studio instead of pressuring the little girls to go on stage. I know many children do great and put on a cute show as 3 & 4-year-olds on stage, but I think our girls have been better suited for this kind of show during the preschool years and then going on stage when they're 5. They're more comfortable, AND their "show" is a full hour long since they show us everything they do during class.
Here was Sienna yesterday when we arrived at the studio. She looked absolutely precious in her costume and of course I had to make a matching bow!
There were two preschool classes at the studio this year and during class they did tap and ballet. So each class performed one dance of each, plus showed us highlights from each element of class (warm-up, across the floor, at the barre, etc). Here's Sienna finishing up her tap dance. She did great!
Half-way through the recital the girls changed into their ballet shoes, but kept the same costumes on (another great thing about our studio--looking out for our wallets even in the older classes by using costumes for multiple dances when they can!).
We kept cheering Sienna on a little big while she did her ballet moves across the floor and we got the cutest little embarrassed eye-roll from her. Of course my camera captured it :)
Her ballet dance was to a song about baking a cake so the girls danced with wooden spoons. I could tell it was a challenge for these young girls to dance holding a prop, but they were absolutely adorable!
Once their performance was over, the teacher presented them each with a bag of goodies and then everyone had a snack at the reception, which was why I'd made the candy kabobs. It was the perfect end to a beautiful show!
Sienna was so grateful to all of my family who came to watch. She got to be the star for Grammy Pammy and her friend Mark, Nana (my bonus mom!), my sister Kim, nephew Parker and of course our immediate family. Scott and I are grateful too that they all drove in to see the show!
Sienna, your first recital was more than perfect. You were the cutest little tap dancer and ballerina and I loved watching your dances and the other things you showed to us. I can't wait for next year when you hit the big stage with Jaden. You are mommy's Pirouette Princess for sure!
Well, the weekend didn't quite end there, even though Sienna's recital certainly was the highlight :) Last night I had bunco with fifteen of my friends and we had a special theme in honor of Cinco de Mayo weekend--"Carnitas and Margaritas." My friend Cindy made the cutest margarita glasses for each of us complete with bunco dice on them!
I didn't take one single photo during bunco. I was too busy enjoying my tacos, nachos and of course a margarita! It's always a fun night with these ladies, but last night was especially fun because of the theme. We also added a little more excitement to the night by each bringing a favorite "product"--anything we can't live without. We each gave a little commercial for our product and the items ended up being a prize at the end. I didn't win the basket of products, but I learned all about scrubbing bubbles and I'm convinced it's going to change my life in terms of cleaning our glass / tile / grout shower (haha). So I stopped at the grocery store last night and picked up my own bottle!
Whew! It was one jam-packed, fun weekend! Now onto the week ahead. It's filled with a few fun activities for the girls, trips to the gym for me, school days and much more. Happy Monday everyone!






















Comments