Wine, Comedy & Moms Day

On Friday night as soon as Scott got home from work, we put the kiddos into the car and headed for Columbus.  My mom had offered to keep them for the weekend so that Scott and I could have a little fun.  It turned out to be not only a very fun weekend, but also a relaxing one and today I feel like I've been on a retreat!  I feel refreshed and renewed just from having an unexpected little break from the big girls AND the baby, especially since we had the most low-key Saturday we've had in months!

Once we dropped off the kids with my mom, we headed back towards home and went straight to a place nearby called Sarah's Vineyard.  I went to the Vineyard for a Christmas Party and then took my college roommates there for a glass of wine in January, but Scott had never been.  We met up with our friends and had a fun night chatting and eating an assortment of appetizers while having a few glasses of wine.






On Saturday we thought we'd go out to lunch and for a long bike ride, but Scott planted a few things in the yard and was tired afterwards so we just did lunch.  Afterwards we relaxed and then got ready for another night out on the town.  This time we went with some friends to dinner on 4th Street in Downtown Cleveland:




We've had dinner at several different places on this street and have always enjoyed the atmosphere and food, but I have to admit that Saturday's dinner was somewhat of a disappointment.  We ate at La Strada and the service was dreadfully slow and the chicken on my kabob was dry and chewy :(  The company we were with though made the evening fun, and after dinner we all went to see a comedian at the Cleveland Playhouse.  We laughed until we couldn't breathe and enjoyed recounting our favorite bits on the way home together.


Sunday morning we were up early and ready to see our little munchkins again!  We met up with them and my mom at Mark's house, the guy my mom has been dating for awhile.  My mom made a FEAST--bbq chicken, grilled steaks, spaghetti and meatballs, and half a dozen side dishes.  She also made little chocolate cakes and apple crisp for dessert.  Needless to say I ate way too much, but her spaghetti and meatballs and her apple crisp are my FAVORITE.




After our delicious lunch the kids played both inside and out.  They enjoyed making smores over a fire in the backyard and blowing bubbles.  Bristol and I watched from inside since it was sprinkling off and on, and since it's tough on her knees to crawl on the cement patio.  My mom, Mark, Scott and my brother Seth all took turns riding Mark's 4-wheelers and awhile later Mark's children arrived and took them for rides.  Everyone had fun and was so happy which made it a wonderful day not only for my mom and I, but for everyone!








In addition to the gift of the weekend of bliss, my mom gave me a bracelet, a charm for my Pandora bracelet and a cute wine stopper (should've bought a bottle from Sarah's Vineyard Friday night!).  Scott and the girls gave me beautiful cards, my new bike (which I got early) and a little computer for the bike which measures speed and distance.  I'm excited to go for a ride this week to test out how the gadget works!



(My sister Amanda, my mom, me and my brother Seth)

Well, we certainly had an unbeatable weekend.  The next few weekends are full of fun things for us and the kids and before too long school will be out and we'll be spending a lot of time at Lake Erie.  I don't want to rush though the next few weeks, but we have a very exciting summer coming up and I'm looking forward to all that we have planned :)

Comments

Popular Posts