Weight Loss Wednesday


Weight Loss This Week:  0.4 gain :(  I was HORRIBLY disappointed.  I did SO well all week; had a few treats but I worked out and earned more than enough activity points to cover what I ate.

Total Weight Loss So Far: 22.4 lbs (Original weight-in:  163.4; Today's weigh-in:  141.0)

Eating Plan:  Weight Watchers Points Plus 

Exercise Plan:  I packed in quite a few workouts this week.  I did cardio SIX times and lifted weights three times.  I ran 4 miles TWICE (woohoo!) and took my second spinning class in two years.

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  Nothing new, except that I've realized even more how much running is a mental sport.  Adding another full mile was so much easier than I imagined and I'm looking forward to running even longer distances :)

Recipes to Share:  At my WW meeting this week we discussed how spices can really boost a meal in terms of satiability.  My current favorite spice is a blend found in the Italian foods aisle near the pizza shells / sauce / pepperoni, etc.


In order to get my daily olive oil (part of WW's good health guidelines is to have 2 teaspoons of a healthy oil each day) I put mine on salad with two teaspoons of red wine vinegar and a few shakes of this blend of yummy spices.  It makes my homemade dressing so yummy and I can't see myself ever buying any other salad dressings again.  It's also good on any Italian dish--try it!

Something else to try:  This week we had turkey burgers and I asked Scott to baste the burgers with a teaspoon or so of bbq sauce as they were finished cooking.  They were absolutely DELICIOUS.  The bbq sauce, which added 1 point to my WW tally, was the perfect addition to the burger and hit the spot.  A1 makes bbq sauce that is worth 0 points, so I'm going to look for that and use it on my burgers all summer long!

Look at what else I picked up at the store this week:


I'm determined to incorporate more nuts into my diet.  Instead of grabbing potato chips or popcorn when I'm craving salt, I'm going to try to grab some salty peanuts instead for a punch of protein.  Same for when I'm craving sweet--some cocoa roast almonds are sure to hit the spot!



Goals This Week: I don't care what it takes, I am going to get below 140 lbs this week.  I am due for a big week and those of you who have followed this journey and my weight loss journey before baby #3 know already that my body tends to plateau briefly, then lose a good chunk.  I'm hoping that chunk comes off and that it's more than a pound!!

Before next Wednesday, I'm also hoping to run 4.5 or 5 miles!

Overall Goals:  I'm trying to get down to 128 by the time I turn 30 this summer and while I've had a few tough weeks, I'm not giving up hope!  I'm just plugging along more determined than ever and focusing on my goals at the gym a lot more than the number on my scale.

I'd like to lose 13 more lbs total.

Comments

Life Happens said…
You are awesome!!! I need to get motivated like you. I've gained all my weight back since Matthew. It's SO depressing :(

Doesn't help that I have been stressed a lot too. You are inspiring!
Unknown said…
I completely understand your frustration (from being there myself), but from the outside, I think you are doing incredible!! I'm really so encouraged by how many things you focus on each week- trying new foods, taking the time to shop smartly, adding more to your exercise routine, etc. I think my goal for next week might be to try to be more like you!! : ) Thanks for linking up and have a great holiday!!
Caits said…
I agree with Natalie, my goal should be to be more like you!

How do you find the time with 3 kiddos, I am amazed. I only have the one baby and can't seem to fit it all in.

Popular Posts