Weight Loss Wednesday (Thursday)
Weight Loss This Week: 0.0 lbs I thought I would gain this week after having extra treats and carbs all weekend and having three planned workouts canceled, so I was very happy with this!
Total Weight Loss So Far: 22.8 lbs (Original weight-in: 163.4; Today's weigh-in: 140.6)
Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Exercise Plan: This week I had a PACKED calendar which made it difficult to make it to the gym as much as I would've liked. I still got 4 days of Cardio in and 2 days of Lifting in, so I did well in spite of the busy schedule.
New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share: This week at my Weight Watchers meeting we discussed navigating the grocery store in order to find the healthiest foods. Most of what was shared I already knew and put into practice; for instance shopping mostly the parameter of the store. I find that 90% of what I eat now comes from the parameter of the grocery store not just because someone told me to eat that way, but because those are the foods that keep me satisfied and taste the best. I still have my fat-free pringles or a hand full of goldfish crackers when the salty craving hits, and I buy frozen vegetables to bulk up meals. Even though I have to buy items for my family from the center aisles (cereal, juices, pretzels, applesauce, other snacks, etc.) I'm not even the least bit tempted by the crazy processed foods I walk past as I'm shopping.
Recipes to Share: Nothing this week, sorry!
Goals This Week: I lifted yesterday after my meeting and this morning as well (yesterday mostly upper body, today lower). I did cardio twice yesterday (see below!), but did not do it today. I'd like to do cardio 5 more times this week and lift at least one more time before next Wednesday morning in order to lose a pound or more since I didn't lose this week.
Overall Goals: By
June 8, I'd like to lose 4.2 more lbs. Thereafter, I'm looking to lose
one lb per week until my 30th birthday at the end of July. I've decided to strive to weigh what I did at age 20 when I turn 30!!
I'd like to lose 12 more lbs total.
__________________________________________________
I waited to post this purposefully because today I had a test done this morning at my gym called a Bod Pod. It was my second time having the test done and I couldn't wait to see how the results differed from the last test, done on 4/10. The Bod Pod measures body composition--how much of your body is fat vs. how much is lean (muscle).
Here are the results from my test done 4/10:
And here are the results of my test done today 5/17:
Forgive me--our scanner doesn't work and I know my iphone photos of these results sheets are terrible.
In 1 month and 1 week, I lost 4.1% body fat which moved me from the "excess fat" category into "moderately lean!" I lost 8 lbs. of body fat and gained 1 lb. of muscle. I would like to see myself gaining more muscle eventually, but right now I am really focusing on losing 12 more pounds of fat. By the time I reach my goals, I will move into the "lean" category. I haven't been "lean" since having Jaden, so I'm looking forward to feeling what that's like all over again :)
Last week I mentioned that I'd like to set additional running goals. Well, it had been months since I'd run outdoors and I am HORRIBLE at running on a treadmill. I either walk briskly on an incline or do intervals; running to nowhere just doesn't work for me!
Anyway, I decided to go out for a run last night. I knew how to add a half mile or a mile to my farthest run of 3 miles from last summer and I decided to give it a shot. I really wanted to add the full mile, but I needed to see how it went.
Can you tell by this beautiful (HA!) self-portrait after I got home from the run that I was really excited about how it went?
I'd like to lose 12 more lbs total.
__________________________________________________
I waited to post this purposefully because today I had a test done this morning at my gym called a Bod Pod. It was my second time having the test done and I couldn't wait to see how the results differed from the last test, done on 4/10. The Bod Pod measures body composition--how much of your body is fat vs. how much is lean (muscle).
Here are the results from my test done 4/10:
And here are the results of my test done today 5/17:
Forgive me--our scanner doesn't work and I know my iphone photos of these results sheets are terrible.
In 1 month and 1 week, I lost 4.1% body fat which moved me from the "excess fat" category into "moderately lean!" I lost 8 lbs. of body fat and gained 1 lb. of muscle. I would like to see myself gaining more muscle eventually, but right now I am really focusing on losing 12 more pounds of fat. By the time I reach my goals, I will move into the "lean" category. I haven't been "lean" since having Jaden, so I'm looking forward to feeling what that's like all over again :)
Last week I mentioned that I'd like to set additional running goals. Well, it had been months since I'd run outdoors and I am HORRIBLE at running on a treadmill. I either walk briskly on an incline or do intervals; running to nowhere just doesn't work for me!
Anyway, I decided to go out for a run last night. I knew how to add a half mile or a mile to my farthest run of 3 miles from last summer and I decided to give it a shot. I really wanted to add the full mile, but I needed to see how it went.
Can you tell by this beautiful (HA!) self-portrait after I got home from the run that I was really excited about how it went?
I was all smiles because I was able to add the full mile to my previous distance record for a total of FOUR MILES of straight running! Now my little legs don't move very quickly, so to some it might have seemed more like a "jog" at a pace of just under 11 minutes per mile, but to me, it was hard work and I was able to finish it still smiling! Plus, where I run is hilly so 50% is uphill.
I was amazed at how quickly I recovered from the run which is a testament to all of the cardio I've been doing to get into shape. I am looking forward to running another 4 miles this week and then to increase again soon.
A long while back I had wanted to be able to run 6 miles straight by the end of this month. Then I realized how terrible it is to run on a treadmill and I sorta threw that goal out the window. Now, despite not training on the treadmill, I may not be too far off by the time May ends!
Have a great week friends, and if you're losing weight or trying to get into shape right now, shoot me a quick email with some kind of report of your progress. Without mentioning names, I'd love to share how some of you are doing on here in the coming weeks and even more than that, it inspires me to hear about how you're all doing!!






Comments
awesome job! :) so inspiring.
<3 melanie