Never A Dull Moment
Last week I mentioned that my mom took Jaden and Sienna to her house for the week leaving us with just Teeny B as we call our precious third baby. Don't get me wrong, our house was definitely a lot quieter without the big sisters, but Bristol made sure that there was rarely a dull moment with her as our only child for 7 days.
Thursday evening proved to be Bristol's most entertaining night of all. We took her out to dinner with us at a restaurant called Brio where she busied herself waving to every person around us or who walked by our table. She waves now and says "hiiii"--it's so cute!
She also made our waiter laugh by the way she ate her steamed peas. She's such a great eater and especially loves her veggies!
After dinner, we stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods to check out their bikes. We've been on the hunt for a new bike for me so that we can take some family rides this spring and summer. Bristol had been such a good girl, but shortly into our bicycle browsing she'd had enough. So, to stall any whining / fit taking / etc. that might have occurred I handed her a container of toddler snacks. We'd just opened the package that day and she'd tasted a few, but we try to keep these types of snacks as her treats or desserts instead of consuming a meal.
Well, we were pre-occupied with the bikes for all of two minutes when I looked back at Bristol and she'd opened the container! She was POUNDING the snacks and smelled like the maple syrup flavor for three days (despite being bathed each day!)!! It was absolutely hilarious--as if she knew she'd gotten her hand in the "cookie jar" and needed to take advantage of the moment!
This photo doesn't even begin to do justice of showing how covered she was in crumbs. I laughed so hard as I wiped her off. Ohhh Bristol!
Another way she entertained us while her big sisters were visiting Grammy was by practicing her walking up and down the hallway. She LOVES to stand by the railing and look down. Scott or I will stand below her and talk to her and she just giggles and giggles. Last week while she was our only child, she totally milked this! Getting her to the steps to head downstairs each morning and after naps was a long process as she only wanted to hang out by the railing knowing that we couldn't go downstairs without her :)
And finally, Bristol fell in love with her big sisters' stools in our bathrooms while they were away. Anytime I was in or near the bathroom I'd sit her on one of their stools and she'd just hang out watching me. She must've thought that she was restrained because she didn't even try to get off the stool. I could've left her there for an hour probably and she'd have just sat there grinning and watching me. She loves to watch her Mommy whether I'm getting ready, cleaning up after a bath or washing my hands. I love watching her in return. I just soak up all of her love and admiration right now!!
Oh Teeny B you make me laugh every.single.day. The week that you got to be our "only child" was very fun and your Daddy and I enjoyed the extra time just soaking in your sweetness. When we had Jaden we couldn't imagine a better baby. Then we had Sienna and we couldn't imagine a better baby. And now we have you, and you'll probably always be our baby, and you are the very best baby girl a mom and dad could imagine. You have quite the funny little personality and you love any and all attention. While you definitely get lots of attention even with your big sisters around, for seven days you had our eyes and ears all to yourself and you made sure to put on a few big shows for us. We love you so much baby girl and look forward to many more memorable moments to share with you!
Thursday evening proved to be Bristol's most entertaining night of all. We took her out to dinner with us at a restaurant called Brio where she busied herself waving to every person around us or who walked by our table. She waves now and says "hiiii"--it's so cute!
She also made our waiter laugh by the way she ate her steamed peas. She's such a great eater and especially loves her veggies!
After dinner, we stopped at Dick's Sporting Goods to check out their bikes. We've been on the hunt for a new bike for me so that we can take some family rides this spring and summer. Bristol had been such a good girl, but shortly into our bicycle browsing she'd had enough. So, to stall any whining / fit taking / etc. that might have occurred I handed her a container of toddler snacks. We'd just opened the package that day and she'd tasted a few, but we try to keep these types of snacks as her treats or desserts instead of consuming a meal.
Well, we were pre-occupied with the bikes for all of two minutes when I looked back at Bristol and she'd opened the container! She was POUNDING the snacks and smelled like the maple syrup flavor for three days (despite being bathed each day!)!! It was absolutely hilarious--as if she knew she'd gotten her hand in the "cookie jar" and needed to take advantage of the moment!
This photo doesn't even begin to do justice of showing how covered she was in crumbs. I laughed so hard as I wiped her off. Ohhh Bristol!
Another way she entertained us while her big sisters were visiting Grammy was by practicing her walking up and down the hallway. She LOVES to stand by the railing and look down. Scott or I will stand below her and talk to her and she just giggles and giggles. Last week while she was our only child, she totally milked this! Getting her to the steps to head downstairs each morning and after naps was a long process as she only wanted to hang out by the railing knowing that we couldn't go downstairs without her :)
And finally, Bristol fell in love with her big sisters' stools in our bathrooms while they were away. Anytime I was in or near the bathroom I'd sit her on one of their stools and she'd just hang out watching me. She must've thought that she was restrained because she didn't even try to get off the stool. I could've left her there for an hour probably and she'd have just sat there grinning and watching me. She loves to watch her Mommy whether I'm getting ready, cleaning up after a bath or washing my hands. I love watching her in return. I just soak up all of her love and admiration right now!!
Oh Teeny B you make me laugh every.single.day. The week that you got to be our "only child" was very fun and your Daddy and I enjoyed the extra time just soaking in your sweetness. When we had Jaden we couldn't imagine a better baby. Then we had Sienna and we couldn't imagine a better baby. And now we have you, and you'll probably always be our baby, and you are the very best baby girl a mom and dad could imagine. You have quite the funny little personality and you love any and all attention. While you definitely get lots of attention even with your big sisters around, for seven days you had our eyes and ears all to yourself and you made sure to put on a few big shows for us. We love you so much baby girl and look forward to many more memorable moments to share with you!










Comments