Happy Easter!

Happy Easter friends!  Jesus is ALIVE!  We started our day off at church where our pastor shared some points that I don't want to forget:

--Jesus' resurrection is proof that God can take tragedy and turn it into triumph.  It is proof that when you have to say goodbye to someone you love it doesn't have to be forever!

--Galatians 2:20  New International Version (NIV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me. 
--The very same power that raised Christ from the dead lives in me!
--Jim Elliot has said, "he is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose."
The service this morning was beautiful.  It was the perfect way to begin our day!
After church we went to The Fish Market for lunch with some of Scott's family:


(Scott's dad Rob, his friend Carrie, our family, Scott's mom Jan and her husband Gary)

(Scott's cousin Sean's girls with our girls; Sean and his family joined us for lunch too!)

We've traditionally had our family egg and basket hunt after church, so this year the "Easter Bunny" left the girls activity books to take to lunch and a fun new outfit (which they wore to look for their baskets and eggs) before church, and then after we got back home their baskets and eggs were outside.

Bristol went straight down for a much-needed nap when we got home so it was just the big girls hunting for their surprises around the front yard.  Scott video taped while I took some photos.  Here are my two funny bunnies using their hands to make ears before we told them to go and fill their baskets with eggs!


These two had a blast filling their baskets with all of the eggs around the yard.  The eggs were filled with jelly beans, m & ms, sweet tarts and malted milk balls.  You would've thought there were $50 bills in each one the way Jaden and Sienna went after them!









Once their egg baskets were overflowing the girls found their baskets filled with summer outfits, swim suits, sandals, barbies, etc.  Sienna also got some letters for the bath tub since she's mastering her letters right now!


Bristol's basket and eggs (funny side note--when she woke up from her nap and saw these eggs, she somehow was able to open one.  They were filled with mini marshmallows and she shoved them in her mouth so fast that there was no way I could've taken them from her.  It was like she knew she had a chance to eat something sweet and that she better do it fast before someone take her candy from her!  She's MINE all right--ha!):


Jaden's basket filled with goodies:


Sienna's basket:


I always give Scott some chocolate on Easter and this year he was super sweet to not only put together a little box of goodies for me, but they were all diet-friendly goodies!!  I had one of the dark chocolates and one of the fruit crisps which were both firsts for me and they were delicious.  Thank you my honey bunny :)


Ever since our fun with the silly glasses on Christmas, I've seen many more varieties of silly glasses for different occasions.  So of course I put in a special request to the Easter Bunny to include these ones in the girls' baskets:





Those photos crack me up!!

This afternoon my mom and her friend Mark came for a quick visit and brought lots of surprises for our three girls.  Bristol is IN LOVE with this bunny that my mom got her which sings and moves around.  All three girls got snuggly blankets embroidered with their names and jammies and other goodies.  But perhaps the best surprise is that they took Jaden and Sienna home with them to spend Spring Break in Columbus!  Scott and I don't even know what to do with ourselves already only having one baby to care for!  Since we have Bristol's big first birthday bash next weekend we'll have all week to get prepared--woohoo.  Thanks Mama :)


This could not have been a more beautiful Easter.  I am SO grateful to be able to celebrate that Jesus rose from the dead, and to do so with the people who mean everything to me.  Happy Easter everyone!  I hope that you too had a lovely day!

Comments

Popular Posts