Happy Birthday Bristol & Being a Mom to GIRLS

The past week has been WONDERFUL in every way.  In the next day or two, I'll recap our entire week.  I've taken so many great photos of us having fun all week so watch out, it will be a photo explosion when I do detail it out :)

One of the biggest parts of our week was Bristol's first birthday on Wednesday!  In getting ready for her birthday and her big party next weekend, we had her birthday photo session last Saturday.  Here are a few highlights from the session....

The cake, made just for Bristol by my talented friend Shannon:


At the very thought of us wanting her to smash this gorgeous cake, Bristol was obviously quite upset:


She was all smiles and fun though without a cake in front of her!:


My mom bought Baby B this precious pink dress when she was born and I couldn't wait to get a photo of her standing up in it.  Well, instead B thought she should keep flopping down and sitting like a little rag doll!  haha!:


When she finally did decide to stand, she thought her hands over her ears would make a pretty pose:


There are many more photos where those came from, including more with her birthday party theme--the Very Hungry Caterpillar.  I will share more this week!

Kelli, our talented photographer who has become our friend throughout the past year posted this on Bristol's birthday.  It has been a GREAT year and we are so fortunate to have had Kelli capture so many precious memories for us!!


Later this week I'll get Bristol's 12th-month post up too.  So much to do before her big open house!

Kelly at http://www.kellyskornerblog.com/ hosted a link-up yesterday for moms of all girls and I thought that even though I'm a day behind, I'd like to link up.  Being a mom to three little girls makes me feel like the most fortunate mommy in the world most days.  I am super girly and enjoy having my daughters follow in my footsteps.  I love to dress them up, complete with coordinating accessories and I enjoy painting their nails and letting them put on lip gloss.  Little girls are so much fun!

Even though raising little girls and getting to do all of the fun girly things with them brings me much joy, I do worry about the teenage years and beyond.  I worry about a day when they start thinking about boys as more than friends and of later when they're choosing a husband--I hope they'll each choose one who cherishes them, who is a good leader for their homes and who loves Jesus.  I worry about the worldly sexual influences and of peer pressure and of them losing their little girl innocence.  If I could keep them little forever, there is a huge part of me that would do just that.  I pray and hope as we face the future that Scott and I have the wisdom to teach our girls and to give the best advice we can to them on all topics that arise!

One thing that has helped me to enjoy my girls tremendously is to keep up with scrapbooks, journals and this blog for them.  It is so wonderful to look back on the stories and photos and through their details remember the events as if they just happened.  I try to make each day count and try to make sure my girls all know how much they matter.  They are my whole world and I want them to always know how much they mean to me!

Well, I better wrap up for tonight.  I have three little Easter baskets to fill and Resurrection eggs to assemble!

Comments

Shannon said…
How adorable! Love having 2 little girls but just like you said that might all change around the teen years ;)
Happy 1st Birthday to your little one and hope you all have a wonderful Easter!
Unknown said…
Your girls are just adorable! Nothing better than being a girl mom!

www.mommymandymusings.com

Popular Posts