Outdoor Fun!

Well, you wouldn't know it by this weekend's weather, but last week we had some gorgeous sunny days and lovely comfortable temperatures.  Our family decided to take advantage of the beautiful spring weather and spend as much time outdoors as we could!

I mentioned in my last post that we've been looking for a bicycle for me so that we could start taking some family bike rides and during the fateful trip to Dick's we were able to find the perfect bike while Bristol slammed maple-flavored toddler snacks (ha!).  So on this past Thursday night we loaded up and hit the nearby trail!


Here's Bristol in what I like to call her "nut case."  There's actually a brand of bike helmet by that name and I love the pun :)


Bristol has her own baby seat on Scott's bike.  She LOVED her first ride!




Jaden and Sienna sit in a trailer behind my bike.  Jaden's legs are a bit long, but they fit in the trailer nicely otherwise and they too enjoyed the ride.


Here's our family outside of a restaurant called The Winking Lizard which is adjacent to the local bike path.  We, along with Scott's dad, biked 3.5 miles to the restaurant, ate dinner and then biked back to our cars.  It was an awesome way to burn the dinner calories both before and after we ate!


Overall, our first family bike ride was AWESOME.  I loved it so much that Friday morning while Sienna was at school I decided to take Jaden and Bristol in the trailer for a ride from our house into the national park nearby.  While it was a VERY HILLY and intense ride, it was still a good one.  I'm glad I got two rides in before the weather turned cold here :)

On Friday I promised the girls that we would have a picnic lunch near our town's playground and that they could play for awhile after we ate.  Here are my two silly gooses having fun in a "secret hiding spot" at the playground:


I was super excited on this trip to the playground because it was my first time putting Bristol into a swing and not seeing her act afraid of it!  Also, Jaden finally has gotten the hang of pumping her legs so that we don't have to push her anymore.  Woohoo!  Here are some photos and videos of the girls enjoying the swings together.  They were all being so cute!







As we wrapped up our picnic lunch and playtime at the park Bristol and I watched Jaden and Sienna go down a big slide a few times.  They went down separately and together, and I thought it was funny how Sienna put her arms up in the air as if on a roller coaster.  By next year at this time Bristol will be joining her sisters on the slide.  I'm sure she'll love it just like they do :)




 Well, as I mentioned this weekend has turned cold.  We're looking forward to more warm days to ride our bikes and to spend time at the playground.  Enough of this 40-50 degree madness!  We're ready for summertime!

Comments

Hi there! I found your blog over at Kelly's Korner! I am on the east side of Cleveland and wanted to say a quick hello! I am a SAHM of a 2 year old girl and 6 week old baby boy. Enjoy this beautiful weather we are finally having!

Popular Posts