Weight Loss Wednesday
This week I actually failed to get to Weight Watchers to weigh in due to a few scheduling conflicts. I had a big weekend with a bbq birthday bash on Sunday, but I managed to stay within my points and I think I did well overall.
I can't remember if I shared this here, but several weeks back I threw my scale "away." Actually, I just put it in the top of a storage closet we have so that it's out of sight, out of mind. I was finding that every morning I had to compulsively weigh myself and if I was "up" that day I'd snack thinking "what the heck, I'm up anyway" and if I was "down" that day I may still snack thinking "well I'm down so I'll reward myself." The scale should not govern my thoughts in that way, nor should it dictate how I feel about myself on a given day, so I got rid of it! I'm not even tempted to go upstairs, get the scale down and weigh myself. That's way too much effort for something that isn't worth my time. So I'm not even going to bother weighing in here at home this week. I'll weigh in next week at WW and hopefully be able to report great results!
I'm starting to be able to wear some things that I haven't worn in years. For instance, the sweater I'm wearing below is a very cute basic piece I've had since I graduated from college almost 8 years ago. It's from Banana Republic and I don't think I've worn it since before I got pregnant with Sienna. Well, I wore it Sunday to the birthday party I mentioned above and cannot wait to wear it again :)
Another thing I don't think I've shared here is that I've been drinking around 100 ounces of water most days for the past few weeks. WW suggests drinking 48 ounces, but my friend posted something on facebook about 100 ounces of water a few weeks back and while the number seemed crazy high, I decided to try it to see if it would aid in my weight loss efforts at all. Well, I honestly cannot say if it's helped me to lose any of the weight I've dropped over the past month, but I can say that drinking this high amount of water has caused another huge miracle for me--I've been sleeping BETTER.THAN.EVER! I've been experiencing insomnia off and on for awhile now (maybe a year? year and a half??). I chalked it up to late pregnancy discomfort, to life with a mixed-up newborn, to stress, to drinking caffeine in the afternoon or evening, to my recent toothache, etc., etc. Somehow though, with drinking this much water I've seen an amazing change in my sleep. I've slept soundly every night since starting this water challenge. Even on nights when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I have NO TROUBLE AT ALL getting back to sleep. It's incredible! Everyday now, even when I don't feel like drinking much, I force down my water. I'm drinking straight water--Only on one occasion have I had to mix in a packet of crystal light because I just couldn't seem to drink what I needed to that day. I hope I'm not stressing out my kidneys with this because I'm sleeping way to well to stop now!
I'm sorry I haven't had many recipes to share recently. I'm very excited to try some of these ones though:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/01/asian-turkey-meatballs-with-lime-sesame.html
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/brown-fried-rice.html
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/todd-wilburs-healthy-fried-chicken
I'm doing a big grocery run in a few days and I'll be buying the ingredients for all three of those. I'll be sure to report back what we thought of the different foods!
What have I been eating? Salad, salad, salad, protein shakes from Costco, an occasional slice of toast with peanut butter, pears, strawberries, pineapple, peas, greenbeans, baked french fries and I even had popcorn twice this week for the first time since starting WW this time. I'd been avoiding popcorn, but boy is it good when that snacky-craving hits!
Yesterday I had this BIG 11-point lunch:
That's my own tuna melt creation (tuna on 35-calorie bread with 1/4 cup cheese melted over it), over a cup of fresh pineapple and 3 points worth of fat-free pringles. That's a bigger lunch than I usually have, but I was famished after a morning spent with 10 wild and crazy 3- and 4-year-olds! I loved how this meal took me a long time to eat and was packed with protein, so it kept me full until dinner six hours later. Being able to have fruit for "free" (all fruit is now zero points on WW) helps me to bulk up my meals with foods that I love.
I did cardio five times this week and lifted three times. Not too bad. I'm trying to do that much again this week. We'll see how it goes!
Have a great week everyone, and congratulations to all of my friends who are also successfully losing weight along with me! It's been wonderful hearing from so many of you about your own journeys!
I can't remember if I shared this here, but several weeks back I threw my scale "away." Actually, I just put it in the top of a storage closet we have so that it's out of sight, out of mind. I was finding that every morning I had to compulsively weigh myself and if I was "up" that day I'd snack thinking "what the heck, I'm up anyway" and if I was "down" that day I may still snack thinking "well I'm down so I'll reward myself." The scale should not govern my thoughts in that way, nor should it dictate how I feel about myself on a given day, so I got rid of it! I'm not even tempted to go upstairs, get the scale down and weigh myself. That's way too much effort for something that isn't worth my time. So I'm not even going to bother weighing in here at home this week. I'll weigh in next week at WW and hopefully be able to report great results!
I'm starting to be able to wear some things that I haven't worn in years. For instance, the sweater I'm wearing below is a very cute basic piece I've had since I graduated from college almost 8 years ago. It's from Banana Republic and I don't think I've worn it since before I got pregnant with Sienna. Well, I wore it Sunday to the birthday party I mentioned above and cannot wait to wear it again :)
Another thing I don't think I've shared here is that I've been drinking around 100 ounces of water most days for the past few weeks. WW suggests drinking 48 ounces, but my friend posted something on facebook about 100 ounces of water a few weeks back and while the number seemed crazy high, I decided to try it to see if it would aid in my weight loss efforts at all. Well, I honestly cannot say if it's helped me to lose any of the weight I've dropped over the past month, but I can say that drinking this high amount of water has caused another huge miracle for me--I've been sleeping BETTER.THAN.EVER! I've been experiencing insomnia off and on for awhile now (maybe a year? year and a half??). I chalked it up to late pregnancy discomfort, to life with a mixed-up newborn, to stress, to drinking caffeine in the afternoon or evening, to my recent toothache, etc., etc. Somehow though, with drinking this much water I've seen an amazing change in my sleep. I've slept soundly every night since starting this water challenge. Even on nights when I wake up to go to the bathroom, I have NO TROUBLE AT ALL getting back to sleep. It's incredible! Everyday now, even when I don't feel like drinking much, I force down my water. I'm drinking straight water--Only on one occasion have I had to mix in a packet of crystal light because I just couldn't seem to drink what I needed to that day. I hope I'm not stressing out my kidneys with this because I'm sleeping way to well to stop now!
I'm sorry I haven't had many recipes to share recently. I'm very excited to try some of these ones though:
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/01/asian-turkey-meatballs-with-lime-sesame.html
http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/05/brown-fried-rice.html
http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/todd-wilburs-healthy-fried-chicken
I'm doing a big grocery run in a few days and I'll be buying the ingredients for all three of those. I'll be sure to report back what we thought of the different foods!
What have I been eating? Salad, salad, salad, protein shakes from Costco, an occasional slice of toast with peanut butter, pears, strawberries, pineapple, peas, greenbeans, baked french fries and I even had popcorn twice this week for the first time since starting WW this time. I'd been avoiding popcorn, but boy is it good when that snacky-craving hits!
Yesterday I had this BIG 11-point lunch:
That's my own tuna melt creation (tuna on 35-calorie bread with 1/4 cup cheese melted over it), over a cup of fresh pineapple and 3 points worth of fat-free pringles. That's a bigger lunch than I usually have, but I was famished after a morning spent with 10 wild and crazy 3- and 4-year-olds! I loved how this meal took me a long time to eat and was packed with protein, so it kept me full until dinner six hours later. Being able to have fruit for "free" (all fruit is now zero points on WW) helps me to bulk up my meals with foods that I love.
I did cardio five times this week and lifted three times. Not too bad. I'm trying to do that much again this week. We'll see how it goes!
Have a great week everyone, and congratulations to all of my friends who are also successfully losing weight along with me! It's been wonderful hearing from so many of you about your own journeys!




Comments