This week...

...we've had quite a few moments with the girls that forced me to pull out my arsenal of parenting books

...I've played Candyland, Pretty Pretty Princesses, Handy Manny Uno & Fancy Nancy's Dress Up games a few dozen times with my little 3-year-old companion

...I painted Sienna's toes exactly to her specifications--pink on one foot, purple on the other

...I then had to paint Jaden's feet similarly once she got home from school that day :)

...I would've painted my own VERY SWOLLEN feet if I were able to bend over and reach them! haha

...Jaden made a "map" during indoor recess at school and then proceeded to use it in telling me how to get home from school, to the gas station, etc.

...Sienna was especially Sassilicious :)

...Jaden had pajama day at school on Friday, as well as "Pancakes with Dad" which she and Scott enjoyed!



This week I've been a bad little blogger because it's been a tough 7 days overall. I'm sure the hormones of being 35 weeks pregnant haven't helped any (ha!), but I've been run down, overwhelmed and feeling sick / sore / achy / etc all week. In fact, I'm supposed to be at my biannual scrapbooking retreat right now and I opted to stay home last minute because I just wasn't feeling up to it. You know when MamaVitt gives up scrapbooking time that something is just not right!!

There is so much I'd like to get done before our little girl arrives in 29 or so days (I mean, who's counting anyway?). I've now resigned to the fact though that everything probably isn't going to get done and that is perfectly ALRIGHT. The pressure I've been putting on myself has been tremendous and while I'm not going to give up and stop trying to get everything organized and orderly until the day I go into labor, I am going to keep telling myself that what gets done is wonderful and what doesn't will get done later. Thankfully, my aunt came over today and helped me a TON by getting Jaden and Sienna's room completely unpacked, organized, etc. Their room is so nice now that they have their bunk beds up, a tidy closet and organized drawers!! My mom helped me last weekend with a LOT of baby laundry and with just 3-4 loads left to go, I've almost got everything washed, folded and hung for 0-12 months. Scott's been hanging curtain rods and shades, so things around the house are coming together too. I need to just stop suffering from the disease known as perfectionism :)

Jaden and Sienna have been little handfulls as of late and while I'm not entirely convinced, it seems the consensus is that they are anticipating the arrival of the newest little Vitt and are acting out for extra attention before her birth. Jaden is becoming extra distracted when we really need her to listen and Sienna has been exhibiting a stubborn streak like you WOULD.NOT.BELIEVE! She has decided after 6 months of LOVING dance and 2 years of ADORING The Little Gym that she doesn't want to go anymore. We don't understand why this came out of the blue, but we're not going to force the issue. I hope she'll decide to like one / the other / both again, or another activity because she's going to miss out on some great socialization if she doesn't want to be involved in something! Sienna's stubbornness is also coming out at home quite a bit--not wanting to get dressed in the morning, throwing fits and telling us "I can't" regarding things she's been doing for months, and being extra picky about what to eat. I'm chalking this all up to her being 3 and learning that she "has a say" and hoping that she'll soon return to my sweet little girl 24/7 like she used to be :)

On top of all of this, I've had a tough week physically in terms of pregnancy stuff. The bursitis on each of my shoulders are SO painful and my throat has been on fire since Tuesday with quite a big of acid refux going on. More about this in my next pregnancy post though...

I'm determined to make this upcoming week a good one despite quite a few appointments and commitments on our calendar. On Monday I have my 36-week OB visit, complete with my final ultrasound, so at least we get to start off the week on a good foot! I'm also going to need to shop at some point this week for a few final baby items that we need--bottles (our old ones were not BPA free), some new bibs, a few baby first aid items, a baby bathtub, etc, so that should be fun. And finally, I've made a few little goals for each day to get more things around the house in order because next Sunday I'm hosting a little "Sprinkle" for my friend Julie and am very excited to have about 15 good friends over! I hope to be a better little blogger throughout this week too. Happy Saturday everyone!!

Comments

Popular Posts