SUYL--Children's Birthday Parties
Yesterday was "Show Us Your Life" day over at Kelly's Korner and the theme was Children's Birthday Parties. Over the past 5 years I've thrown parties for my girls both at home and at other venues, and I think I've shared past parties on our blog in the past. The last party I put together was by far the most smooth, easy and fun, so I thought I'd share some details of that today!
The last birthday party we had was a combined party for both Jaden and Sienna. Jaden was turning 5 and Sienna 3. Since their birthdays are only 19 days apart, we were able to schedule the party for a weekend in between their actual birthdays which worked out great. We had the party at a local bounce-house place called Pump It Up.
Both girls got to invite a bunch of friends--I think we had 30 children total not including babies and the birthday girls! The hit among the children AND adults was this giant blown up slide...

Even I, at about 15 weeks pregnant, took a ride down the big slide:
There were also places to just jump, a jumpy maze and games for the kids to play. When the adults weren't joining in the jumping and sliding, we had plenty of time to chat because the kids were occupied by all of the fun things to do!
Scott and our friend Wayne dominated on the blown up basketball hoop:
Of course we tried our best to get a group photo, which with 2-6 year olds isn't so easy, especially after they've been running wild for 90 minutes!
After plenty of time bouncing around, the kids and adults were shuffled into the party room where we enjoyed pizza (adults) and box lunches (kids) that I made up to go along with the Tinkerbell theme which Jaden and Sienna requested (fairy-shaped sandwiches, fairy fruit kabobs, juice boxes, pretzels and cut-out cookies). My aunt made the girls each their own mini cake as well as cupcakes for all of the party guests. They were beautiful and delicious!

Finally, we had edible wands for the kids which were a HIT--can you tell we didn't mind loading them all up with sugar at this party? haha, I might've thought twice if we'd been hosting it at our house, but at this public, kid-proofed place it didn't matter much!
Jaden and Sienna wrapped up their big day by opening a few gifts on the blown up throne. Having attended a few parties at this venue before, Jaden especially couldn't wait for her turn to sit in this special seat!
In the future I hope to do more parties away from home so that I don't have to clean before AND after the big party. Plus I get nervous about what kids can get into, hurt themselves with, or destroy around the house. So it's just better to go somewhere else :)
Head on over to kellyskornerblog.com for more kid party ideas this weekend!!
The last birthday party we had was a combined party for both Jaden and Sienna. Jaden was turning 5 and Sienna 3. Since their birthdays are only 19 days apart, we were able to schedule the party for a weekend in between their actual birthdays which worked out great. We had the party at a local bounce-house place called Pump It Up.
Both girls got to invite a bunch of friends--I think we had 30 children total not including babies and the birthday girls! The hit among the children AND adults was this giant blown up slide...
Even I, at about 15 weeks pregnant, took a ride down the big slide:
There were also places to just jump, a jumpy maze and games for the kids to play. When the adults weren't joining in the jumping and sliding, we had plenty of time to chat because the kids were occupied by all of the fun things to do!Scott and our friend Wayne dominated on the blown up basketball hoop:
Of course we tried our best to get a group photo, which with 2-6 year olds isn't so easy, especially after they've been running wild for 90 minutes!
After plenty of time bouncing around, the kids and adults were shuffled into the party room where we enjoyed pizza (adults) and box lunches (kids) that I made up to go along with the Tinkerbell theme which Jaden and Sienna requested (fairy-shaped sandwiches, fairy fruit kabobs, juice boxes, pretzels and cut-out cookies). My aunt made the girls each their own mini cake as well as cupcakes for all of the party guests. They were beautiful and delicious!
Finally, we had edible wands for the kids which were a HIT--can you tell we didn't mind loading them all up with sugar at this party? haha, I might've thought twice if we'd been hosting it at our house, but at this public, kid-proofed place it didn't matter much!
Jaden and Sienna wrapped up their big day by opening a few gifts on the blown up throne. Having attended a few parties at this venue before, Jaden especially couldn't wait for her turn to sit in this special seat!
In the future I hope to do more parties away from home so that I don't have to clean before AND after the big party. Plus I get nervous about what kids can get into, hurt themselves with, or destroy around the house. So it's just better to go somewhere else :)Head on over to kellyskornerblog.com for more kid party ideas this weekend!!


Comments