This week was jam-packed with things we needed to get done before I have the new baby, with appointments, meetings and parent-teacher conferences, and with a few fun outings too.
On Wednesday, Sienna and I spent a good part of our morning washing and disinfecting ALL of the baby toys in the house. We washed our small toybox, then washed and dried every toy, and once everything was dry we put all of the toys into the box.
Today, I finally got some of this laundry put away, and I hope to put more away tomorrow. After 1 more load of laundry is done, we'll have washed every blanket, cloth seat (like to the swing, etc), burp cloth, sleeper, outfit, etc. through 12 months. It's been quite a job, but I'm so glad we've done it! It's hard to put things away when my changing table baskets are going to be spray painted in the next few days, so I can't organize things where I want them to be. Note to self: Never, ever move while pregnant :)
Today I also gathered a few more things for my hospital bag. It's not 100% packed, but it's much closer to packed than it was yesterday! I had quite a scare last night--3 hours of regular, painful contractions that were 6-8 minutes apart. Needless to say, it scared me straight and by tomorrow I hope I'll be completely ready should baby girl decide to arrive sooner than later.
I would have the hospital bag completely done tonight, but I'm having some new pains that are making it tough to get around. I'm suspecting the baby dropped quite a bit during the hours of contractions last night because my entire pelvis and lower back are so stiff and pained! Could this mean she's one step closer to delivery day? We'll see :)
Since our days of being a family of 4 are limited, we decided to take the girls out last weekend to do something fun. Scott told Jaden the annual car show was going on and she begged to go and "drive" the cars. So off we went to the expo center so that the girls could pretend to drive and ride in all of the automobiles!






Scott and his dad had been to the car show last week, so Scott took us around to a few of the best areas of the expo, though Jaden and Sienna didn't differentiate much between a $80,000 vehicle and a $20,000 one. They were happy to just play pretend and climb around inside all of the cars! They got the cute guitar glasses at the end of our day from one of the dealers. Needless to say, this free souvenir couldn't have been more perfect for our girls!
While Jaden was at school on Tuesday morning, Sienna and I had a fun field trip to the fire and police stations. We went with our community preschool parents group and all of the children were so into it!

Sienna was too nervous to give a high five to the fireman in his full gear, but she lit up when it was time to climb into the trucks.

During the police station tour, Sienna once again liked seeing the cruiser best. What is it with my dainty girls and vehicles?? haha! I learned a few things about the jail and how things work within both the fire and police departments, so it was a fun trip for mama too :)

This weekend we are just hanging out at home getting more things ready for baby and enjoying our two big girls before their world is rocked by the new addition. We played a few games of Handy Manny Uno tonight, which has become a Friday tradition, and everyone had fun. Sunday I'm hosting a little "sprinkle" for my friend Julie who is due with her baby boy three weeks after me. Hope you all have a great weekend!!
On Wednesday, Sienna and I spent a good part of our morning washing and disinfecting ALL of the baby toys in the house. We washed our small toybox, then washed and dried every toy, and once everything was dry we put all of the toys into the box.
Today, I finally got some of this laundry put away, and I hope to put more away tomorrow. After 1 more load of laundry is done, we'll have washed every blanket, cloth seat (like to the swing, etc), burp cloth, sleeper, outfit, etc. through 12 months. It's been quite a job, but I'm so glad we've done it! It's hard to put things away when my changing table baskets are going to be spray painted in the next few days, so I can't organize things where I want them to be. Note to self: Never, ever move while pregnant :)
Today I also gathered a few more things for my hospital bag. It's not 100% packed, but it's much closer to packed than it was yesterday! I had quite a scare last night--3 hours of regular, painful contractions that were 6-8 minutes apart. Needless to say, it scared me straight and by tomorrow I hope I'll be completely ready should baby girl decide to arrive sooner than later.I would have the hospital bag completely done tonight, but I'm having some new pains that are making it tough to get around. I'm suspecting the baby dropped quite a bit during the hours of contractions last night because my entire pelvis and lower back are so stiff and pained! Could this mean she's one step closer to delivery day? We'll see :)
Since our days of being a family of 4 are limited, we decided to take the girls out last weekend to do something fun. Scott told Jaden the annual car show was going on and she begged to go and "drive" the cars. So off we went to the expo center so that the girls could pretend to drive and ride in all of the automobiles!






Scott and his dad had been to the car show last week, so Scott took us around to a few of the best areas of the expo, though Jaden and Sienna didn't differentiate much between a $80,000 vehicle and a $20,000 one. They were happy to just play pretend and climb around inside all of the cars! They got the cute guitar glasses at the end of our day from one of the dealers. Needless to say, this free souvenir couldn't have been more perfect for our girls!While Jaden was at school on Tuesday morning, Sienna and I had a fun field trip to the fire and police stations. We went with our community preschool parents group and all of the children were so into it!

Sienna was too nervous to give a high five to the fireman in his full gear, but she lit up when it was time to climb into the trucks.
During the police station tour, Sienna once again liked seeing the cruiser best. What is it with my dainty girls and vehicles?? haha! I learned a few things about the jail and how things work within both the fire and police departments, so it was a fun trip for mama too :)
This weekend we are just hanging out at home getting more things ready for baby and enjoying our two big girls before their world is rocked by the new addition. We played a few games of Handy Manny Uno tonight, which has become a Friday tradition, and everyone had fun. Sunday I'm hosting a little "sprinkle" for my friend Julie who is due with her baby boy three weeks after me. Hope you all have a great weekend!!


Comments