38th & 39th weeks of pregnancy

On Sunday March 20th I was 38 weeks pregnant and Baby Vitt was as long as a leak:

On this past Sunday, March 27, I became 39 weeks pregnant and Baby Vitt is now the size of a small watermelon...well maybe not as small as the one I'm holding, but it was the biggest our grocer had!


Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 39 Weeks

Size of baby: Baby Vitt weighs as much as a small watermelon--about 7lbs (I think my baby girl actually weighs more than that though judging by the 36-wk ultrasound!)

Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 40 lbs (Oh sweet Jesus please help me with this!!), but my OB says HALF of it is the water weight I'm carrying. I am SO swollen!! See below...

Maternity Clothes: All maternity except for a few loose dresses and open-front sweaters. A few weeks ago I discovered a flowy spring top that is not maternity and fits well over my belly so I'm wearing it often right now :)

Gender: Baby GIRL! Still working on a name--our favorites include Bristol, McKinley & Eloise. Her middle name will be Grace after my littlest sister and my great grandmother. I REALLY want to name her Bristol Grace, but Scott's leaning towards McKinley Grace...so we shall see.

Movement: She moves a lot at night, but less throughout the day now that she's running out of room. Instead of going crazy with kicks, her movements are more slow now. I had a non-stress test at my 38-week visit where she was going NUTS and then this week I had another non-stress test during which she would hardly move at all. She's got a mind of her own already :)

Sleep: Not so good...Several recent nights of insomnia which have led to me being a tired zombie all day; hoping to sleep well tonight but my burning throat and acid reflux have returned with a VENGEANCE today so I'm not sure it will happen!

What I miss: Sleeping on my back, being skinny--but all of this is worth it for the blessing in my belly! I also still occasionally miss lying on my stomach, especially when we're playing a game with Jaden and Sienna. Finally, I miss being able to walk around a place without my back getting tired and aching.

Cravings: Baked Potatoes, Chocolate Suicide cake from a local deli / bakery, tortilla chips with cheese, cereal, anything with peanut butter on it, pears, berries & all fruit juice

Symptoms: Undeniable swelling that is making my feet HURT

Best Moment this week: Finding out that I'm now 3 CM DILATED! Woohoo! The very best moment in my future will be when she's born though!

Last week I was still only 1cm--just want to note that so that when I update my hard copy pregnancy journal I don't forget this detail!

If you have a strong stomach, you may move on to these next photos, but if you do not, you might as well make this the end of your reading for today. Don't say you haven't been warned ;-)

My feet are HORRIBLE--the worst they have EVER been during pregnancy. If you've seen me pregnant before, you know I swell a lot, but this is far beyond what it's been like previously. Being on my feet a lot is contributing to this, but it's harder to take it easy than it sounds. I keep finding things to do before our baby arrives and keeping busy is making the days go by quickly. So for those of you who think you can handle this...here are a few photos Scott took of my elephant feet the other night:



Not only are they extra wide, but they are so THICK this time! They are so puffy in fact that my normally size 7 foot no longer fits into the extra wide size 8-9 metro crocs that I've worn at the end of my previous pregnancies. The swelling extends completely up my legs and also is very apparent on my arms from shoulder to fingertip. So now you can understand what I'm saying when my OB thinks I'm carrying around 20 lbs of water!

I've elected not to be induced at this point and am hoping to go into labor on my own--any time here baby would be great! If I don't go into labor by Monday I'll see my Dr. and discuss when we'd like to schedule something. I change my mind on an hourly basis as to what I want to do :) Ah hormones!

My due date for anyone who has lost track is this SUNDAY APRIL 3RD!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Bethany!!!! I couldn't help but gasp, kind of laugh, and hurt for you all at the same time. My mouth was wide open when I saw those photos. you poor thing! Little Eloise (that's my choice for you guys) will be here soon enough and this will all be a distant memory. I'm waiting for the news. Good luck to you and Scott!!! I'm sure she is going to be just beautiful, just like Jayden and Siena.
Love,

Teague ;)

Popular Posts