35th & 36th weeks of pregnancy
On Sunday February 27th I was 35 weeks pregnant, and Baby Vitt weighed as much as a honeydew melon:
This past Sunday, March 6th, I was 36 weeks pregnant and Baby Vitt weighed as much as a Crenshaw Melon. Since that type of melon is only available in the summertime, I picked up 6lbs of apples instead. Baby Center estimates that at 36 weeks babies weigh approximately 6 lbs :)

Today was another highlight to my week because I received the rest of my maternity photos and I love them. I don't know how I'm going to choose which to frame and hang up! We're going to take some photos with the baby at her newborn shoot to correlate with the maternity shots so that we can frame and hang them together. I'm already looking forward to the newborn photos! Here are some more of my favorite maternity pictures...















I'm a few steps closer to "ready" now because Sienna and I spent today washing and disinfecting baby toys today, and over the past few days I've picked up the rest of the necessities for me and baby when we get home from the hospital. I'm going to get the pack 'n play washed down and set up and make sure we have batteries in the swings, etc. this weekend. It's crazy to think that I only have 3 1/2 weeks left, unless I go into labor sooner! Better get the hospital bag packed :) I can't wait to meet my baby girl!
This past Sunday, March 6th, I was 36 weeks pregnant and Baby Vitt weighed as much as a Crenshaw Melon. Since that type of melon is only available in the summertime, I picked up 6lbs of apples instead. Baby Center estimates that at 36 weeks babies weigh approximately 6 lbs :)
Pregnancy Highlights:
How Far Along: 36 Weeks
Size of baby: Baby Vitt weighs as much as a crenshaw melon, or 6lbs of apples!
Total Weight Gain/Loss: I've gained 36 lbs, but now more than ever I'm convinced I have at least 10-15 lbs of water weight. I am SO swollen!!
Maternity Clothes: All maternity except for a few loose dresses and open-front sweaters
Gender: Baby GIRL! Still working on a name--our favorites include Bristol, McKinley & Eloise. Her middle name will be Grace after my littlest sister and my great grandmother. I REALLY want to name her Bristol Grace, but Scott's leaning towards McKinley Grace...so we shall see.
Movement: All day long every single day. I love feeling her move and always wonder what's going on in there when she gets crazy!
Sleep: During my 35th week, HORRIBLE. I had severe shoulder pain again and such horrible acid reflux that my throat and chest burned 24/7. This week, however, I've been doing great! I've finally figured out how to stay ahead of the pain associated with my shoulders and my reflux. I have ultrasound therapy twice a week on my shoulders and I'm on pepcid twice per day for the reflux. I love that I now have solutions to my issues, and I also love that both of these problems are going to quickly go away once the baby is born!
What I miss: Sleeping on my back, being skinny--but all of this is worth it for the blessing in my belly! I also still occasionally miss lying on my stomach, especially when we're playing a game with Jaden and Sienna. Finally, I miss being able to walk around a place without my back getting tired and aching.
Cravings: Baked Potatoes, Coca-cola, reese cups, juice
Symptoms: Occasional nausea that comes and goes quickly, TONS of swelling in my arms / hands and legs / feet
Best Moment this week: Getting to see Baby Vitt during our last ultrasound on Monday! She is head down (woohoo!), though still high and I'm not yet dialating or effacing. The ultrasound technician got some close-up views of baby's face and said she has the same lips as Sienna. Her cheeks are very chubby, one contributing factor to her estimated weight being 6lbs 9oz already! My OB has suggested inducing me at 39 weeks, but I think I'm going to turn it down. I have until next Monday to decide and tell my Dr.Today was another highlight to my week because I received the rest of my maternity photos and I love them. I don't know how I'm going to choose which to frame and hang up! We're going to take some photos with the baby at her newborn shoot to correlate with the maternity shots so that we can frame and hang them together. I'm already looking forward to the newborn photos! Here are some more of my favorite maternity pictures...















I'm a few steps closer to "ready" now because Sienna and I spent today washing and disinfecting baby toys today, and over the past few days I've picked up the rest of the necessities for me and baby when we get home from the hospital. I'm going to get the pack 'n play washed down and set up and make sure we have batteries in the swings, etc. this weekend. It's crazy to think that I only have 3 1/2 weeks left, unless I go into labor sooner! Better get the hospital bag packed :) I can't wait to meet my baby girl!


Comments