MamaVitt from A to Z

My friend Lindsey over at Life Is Full of Perks posted this list of fun facts the other day, so I thought being up with major insomnia early this morning was the perfect time for me to fill in the blanks about myself...

So here we go, MamaVitt from A to Z!

A. Age: 28

B. Bed size: Queen

C. Chore you dislike: Many! I mean, who actually likes chores?? I guess the absolute lowest on my list would be washing the floors on my hands and knees, and dusting! Have I mentioned that dark floors and black built-in family room cabinets show E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G?

D. Dogs: We have a bulldog named Jack. He's 6 years old, his best friend is Scott and he's asleep in his wooden cage right behind me as I type. He's pretty cute, but also pretty slobbery and stinky!

E. Essential start to your day: Breakfast for sure, can't go without it!

F. Favorite color: GREEN!

G. Gold or silver: Depends on the day and the outfit; more silver than gold though

H. Height: 5′ 4

I. Instruments you play(ed): I tried out the clarinet for a year in elementary school, but wasn't into it at all. I constantly showed up to band practice with split reeds, not knowing the music I was supposed to be practicing that week, etc. I was too into tap and ballet to devote much practice to music.

J. Job title: Wife, Mom, Schedule-planner, Meal-maker, House-cleaner, Craft-lover, Driver to all things school or activity related, Boo-boo-nurse, Closet and bedroom organizer, Oh this list could go on and on!

K. Kids: Jaden, 5 1/2, Sienna 3 1/2 and Baby Vitt still brewing in my belly who should arrive any day now! Hopefully upon arrival, Mama and Papa Vitt will agree on her name :)

L. Live for ______: I live for happy / fun / exciting / bonding moments with my family, times where God meets me right where I am, an hour of peace and quiet once in awhile, creating anything and everything, date nights and girls nights out.

M. Most embarrassing moment: Of course I've had many, but do you think I can come up with one right this moment??? My children embarrass me weekly; they've truly made a humble woman out of me!

N. Nicknames: Beth on rare occasion, Mama Vitt, Mama, B

O. Overnight hospital stays: One night during my pregnancy with Sienna when I was having contractions which we thought was going to be labor and wasn't--major letdown! Also when I've delivered both of my girls. Thankfully, that's it so far :)

P. Pet peeves: seeing a mess made out of the room / floor/ counter / table / etc that I've just finished cleaning, feeling that my time has been wasted, unappreciation, disorganization, "mouth noises" that don't include talking (i.e. hearing someone chomp on their food / clicking the tongue / etc)

Q. Quote from a movie: "Mama always said life was like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get." Forrest Gump

S. Siblings: I'm technically an only child as the only daughter between my mom and dad; however, my dad was remarried when I was young and I got 3 wonderful step-sisters out of the deal, and my mom was remarried as well and had two more children with my stepfather who are my half-sister and half-brother. I call them all my sisters and brother; no need for the "step" or "half" distinction. They are the best siblings I could ever imagine and I love each of them SO much!

T. Time you wake up: ha! Well today, 3:30am; hence having time to fill this out. Usually 6am during the week and 7-8 on the weekends. Sleeping in is a distant memory...

U. University attended: Ohio University, Ohio's FIRST and FINEST!

V. Vegetables: Not my favorite group of foods, but I'll take corn, peas, green beans, lima beans, raw carrots, potatoes, or a simple salad any day

W. What makes you run late: Mis-judging the time it takes to load up the kiddos and gather what I need for the day, the outing, etc. You'd think that after 3 1/2 years of mothering two girls I'd get this right, but I still fail almost daily!

X. X-rays you’ve had: Teeth, wrist when I broke it in high school, chest to check on the ol' ticker

Y. Yummy food you make: My grandma's secret recipe chocolate chip cookies, Pesto & Feta stuffed pork chops, Beef Burgundy

Z. Zoo animal favorites: The baby elephant and the polar bears at the Columbus Zoo are my absolute favorites! I also loved seeing panda bears at the San Diego Zoo in 2004 and Koala's are always pretty cute.

Well there you have it--a few random facts about me! Now let me in on something new about you...either blog this list and let me know about it or leave me a comment with something I don't know about you yet :) Have a happy Thursday everyone!

Comments

Mama Perks said…
Yay! Loved reading your list :) Good luck with labor and delivery girl-I'm sure you'll be a rockstar since it's the third time around :) xoxo.
Anonymous said…
How FUN is this?!?

Popular Posts