Pumpkin Patch & a Busy Weekend!

Whoa--what a busy weekend we just had! It was so much fun, but totally exhausting, so I've been sleeping very well these past few days! Our busy schedule actually began last Wednesday, when our friends Jeff & Shannon came in from out of town with their new little addition! Their little girl was so beautiful and we enjoyed holding her & talking to her. We had dinner with our friends and visited for several hours. It was fun to catch up!

Friday night we were invited to our friends' home for a most delicious dinner. We had peanut chicken, sweet potato casserole, corn casserole, rice, salad and desserts which were brownies and cookies. We didn't expect such a fantastic meal, but it was sure tasty! Our girls played great with our friends' children and we had a fun time hanging out for the evening.

Saturday was JADEN'S BIRTHDAY! I'm putting together a special birthday post which will appear here later this week. In honor of Jaden turning 4 years old, we hosted a group of her friends for a princess party. All of the little girls dressed as a princess and we played princess games, decorated cupcates to eat and made a few little crafts together. We'll be sure to share more details of her party this week!

Two hours after we wrapped up Jaden's party, she and I headed to her friend Isaac's house for his birthday celebration! We enjoyed catching up with friends and watching an animal show there, as well as eating a little of the delicious food that Isaac's parents had whipped up for the party (they are incredible cooks!).

As soon as we got home from that party, we had another set of friends arrive with their 1-year-old, and they spent the rest of the day and night with us before heading home yesterday in the early afternoon. It was the first time we got to see our friends' daughter interact with our children outside of a restaurant high chair because we usually see them in Columbus and have dinner together. While our little Sienna had a tough time sharing with her friend, the rest of our visit was really nice. We hung out together catching up Saturday night and then Sunday morning we had a light breakfast, played outside with the girls and then wrapped up with some hearty chilli for lunch before they left.

Once our friends left yesterday you'd think I would've crashed, eh? Well, NOPE! That's when all the "real" fun began--haha, not really. I cleaned up every room in the house just about and polished our granite kitchen countertops, shined up our stainless steel appliances, cleaned the dining room floor, table and chairs, did laundry, baked pumpkin muffins, cleaned up a bunch of random things in our bedroom that had gathered over the course of the week, looked online for Christmas present ideas and cleaned out a few cupboards! Just reading that list makes me tired, but I was a busy little bee getting everything done. I hadn't done much around here for about 5 days and everything was starting to catch up to me. Plus I felt so lethargic last week after a long weekend with my grandfather, so I was glad to feel energetic and be able to accomplish so much!

I will share plenty of photos as promised above of Jaden's birthday, but I'm going to do a completely separate post on that. So to keep you photo-loving people happy, I'm sharing some from last weekend that I didn't have a chance to post!

Last Saturday we spent part of our day at Jaden's school for a fall fundraiser, followed by another part of our day at a farm near our home. At the fundraiser, Jaden and Sienna had a ball jumping in the bounce houses:



And Jaden got to go on one that had a big slide which she LOVED!

At the farm we took some beautiful fall photos with all of the pumpkins:

And each of our girls got to pick out a funky pumpking for their room, as well as pumpkins, gourds and indian corn for our front porch.

We had such a fun time exploring and picking out fall decor! Jaden and Sienna were in great moods, which is always a special treat for photographer mommy!

When we got home the girls crashed for a couple of hours and I set up all of the fun stuff we'd picked out. I might still add corn stalks and a bow to my little wreath--we'll see! I love, love, LOVE decorating for fall because it's something my parents always loved to do. I just wish I had all of their old outdoor decorations because I'll never find anything that compares to how cute all of the stuff was that we had! Oh well, here's a good start at least:

So that was our pumpkin patch day :) I'm glad I got to share it even though I'm a little behind in doing so!

This week is another full one beginning with a birthday celebration for Jaden at her school this morning. That is why I made pumpkin muffins and they smell soooo yummy! I know all of her classmates will love them. After school we're going to see some family today, and later I'm taking Sienna to an apple orchard this week, both girls to the play Stellaluna one afternoon and on Friday we have a playdate with a scrapbooking friend of mine and her daughter. Friday night I'm hosting gals to scrapbook at my house and Saturday we're getting together with friends for dinner! In between all of this I'll be posting lots of photos so stay tuned :) Have a great week everyone!

P.S. I just had to add that yesterday my mom and I scored tickets to Wicked for this December!! I LOVE shows of any kind at the theater and don't get to go to shows nearly enough so this is a real treat!

Comments

Jillian said…
Your daughters are so beautiful!!

Popular Posts