And so begins autumn...

Each Wednesday morning now I drop Jaden off at her montessori school and then have an hour to run errands or (on a nice day) head to a park with Sienna before her mommy 'n me class at another preschool begins. Yesterday Sienna and I spent our hour picking up protein shakes for Scott, buying supplies to put together care packages for some college students we know and then driving down this road admiring how the leaves are beginning to change...

Autumn in Ohio is the most colorful and gorgeous season of all. I can't necessarily call it my favorite season of the year because it does lead to winter which I {HATE} but I do think the beautiful colors of autumn make it pretty awesome. It is amazing how the trees turn every shade of burgundy, red, orange and yellow, some so deep in color you'd swear they were purple and some so vibrant you'd swear it was the flame of a burning fire. I especially love being at the top of a hill and looking down at the rainbow of autumn leaves below. We live near a large valley and cross a bridge over it a few times each week so once we're into full fall color I'll take a photo of that scenery to share.

My favorite color of autumn is the orangish-yellow you see on some trees--the color you'd normally associate with a bowl of kraft macaroni and cheese. I tried my best to find a tree that color, and the best I could find was the photo above. I love trees like that one because not only does it have my favorite color of autumn leaves, but it's a multi-colored tree--red, orange and yellow--ah beautiful!

This weekend we'll be going to a fall festival at Jaden's school so photos of my girls with pumpkins, hay bales and funky gourds are definitely on the agenda! You can also look forward to some photos of our girls playing in the leaves when they really start to fall because they love throwing them into the air, jumping into freshly raked piles and finding leaves of different shapes and colors. 'Til then though, just enjoy with me this serene scene...

Happy autumn everyone! Have a wonderful fall day today :)

Comments

Popular Posts