Our California Vacation--Part 3!
Time to wrap up these vacation posts so that I can tell you all about what's been going on at our house recently! I have so many fun things to write about, but I'm so crazy busy having fun that I haven't had much time. I'll try to be better :)
Since the wedding we attended was in San Diego (don't even get me started on trying to explain to our kids that just because a city is called Diego does not in any way mean that Nick Jr's Diego would be there--ha!) we decided to take advantage of being down there and spend day 6 of our trip at Sea World! Growing up, Scott and I were fortunate to live near Sea World Ohio, but it closed about 10 years ago and I've been itching to see Shamu ever since.
We got to the park right when it opened, got our bearings and figured out how to get to the first killer whale show of the day. On the way I snapped a few beautiful photos of Jaden...
and then it was time for some whale (actually large dophins I learned!) action! Let's just say that both I and our girls were AMAZED at what we saw. We counted at least 6 different killer whales and there were FOUR whales at some points all performing for us. Sometimes multiple tricks were being done simultaneously, and it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. When we had Sea World in Ohio, we had only one Shamu and occasionally two whales, but never four or more!



We also loved the little salt water aquarium, seeing dolphins and sea turtles, Sesame Street's 4-D show and the Clyde and Seamore show...
Since the wedding we attended was in San Diego (don't even get me started on trying to explain to our kids that just because a city is called Diego does not in any way mean that Nick Jr's Diego would be there--ha!) we decided to take advantage of being down there and spend day 6 of our trip at Sea World! Growing up, Scott and I were fortunate to live near Sea World Ohio, but it closed about 10 years ago and I've been itching to see Shamu ever since.
We got to the park right when it opened, got our bearings and figured out how to get to the first killer whale show of the day. On the way I snapped a few beautiful photos of Jaden...
and then it was time for some whale (actually large dophins I learned!) action! Let's just say that both I and our girls were AMAZED at what we saw. We counted at least 6 different killer whales and there were FOUR whales at some points all performing for us. Sometimes multiple tricks were being done simultaneously, and it was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. When we had Sea World in Ohio, we had only one Shamu and occasionally two whales, but never four or more!


We also loved the little salt water aquarium, seeing dolphins and sea turtles, Sesame Street's 4-D show and the Clyde and Seamore show...By the end of that day we were all super exhausted. There was much more that we weren't able to see, but the meltdowns were coming on (by Jaden and Sienna, not ME! ha!) and we knew it was our time to book it to the nearest exit so that the kids could fall asleep in the car driving back to Newport Beach.
That night, we ate dinner at the Crab Cooker in Newport and it was delicious! Here we are before dinner...
On day 7, our last full day there, we woke up early to get ready to spend the day at the beach. That morning little Sienna was so stinkin' cute with my brother-in-law's dog Frank that we couldn't help but photograph them together:

And Frank heard that I was blogging about our trip so he asked if I'd put this adorable pic of him up:

And Frank heard that I was blogging about our trip so he asked if I'd put this adorable pic of him up:We walked down to the beach and spent some time digging in the sand, splashing in the surf and having my mother-in-law take photos of us walking down the beach...
Scott and his brother spent awhile surfing that day which was fun to watch. I kept trying to get the perfect shot of them which was hard! Thank goodness my mother-in-law was there helping to watch Jaden and Sienna while I kept my camera very close and ready to shoot!
Notice anything strange in the above shot? If you can guess what's wrong with that picture I'll figure out some kind of prize to give you! Leave your guess in my comments.
I truly enjoyed taking our family to California and I hope to go back again in a few years when Jaden and Sienna are a little older. We are so thankful that we have family out there to stay with and show us around. I hope you all have enjoyed our photos and vacation re-cap as much as I've enjoyed posting about it!
Scott and his brother spent awhile surfing that day which was fun to watch. I kept trying to get the perfect shot of them which was hard! Thank goodness my mother-in-law was there helping to watch Jaden and Sienna while I kept my camera very close and ready to shoot!
Notice anything strange in the above shot? If you can guess what's wrong with that picture I'll figure out some kind of prize to give you! Leave your guess in my comments.Finally, here we all are after our last dinner of the trip which was at Duke's in Huntington Beach. Back in August when we were getting ready for our California trip I posted here a picture of Scott and I on this very pier. That photo was taken in November of 2004 and so much has changed since then--getting married and having two babies!
I truly enjoyed taking our family to California and I hope to go back again in a few years when Jaden and Sienna are a little older. We are so thankful that we have family out there to stay with and show us around. I hope you all have enjoyed our photos and vacation re-cap as much as I've enjoyed posting about it!




Comments
your daughters are so cute :)