In Loving Memory...
Eugene "Papa" Mahaffey
March 10, 1931-October 10,2009






We will cherish the memories...your detailed landscaping and impecable yard that you cared so much for, cheering on the Buckeyes together to numerous victories, your stories of the days you served our country and the stories you shared of your friends from the service whom you still got together with for breakfast, many amazing Christmases and Thanksgivings together, you helping with choosing a new car--I wouldn't have made such good choices and gotten such great deals if it weren't for you, the time we accidentally got off the turnpike at a non-exit and then had to get back on and pay a HUGE toll...for TWO vehicles (ha!), your generosity, you going to watch Harding football games for so many years, and watching me cheer at those games when I was in high school, the stories you shared of the many trips you took, all of the times you treated us to dinner, or had Sunrise or Buena Vista awaiting our arrival at your house, your gentleness with Jaden and Sienna, when you drove all the way down to OU to watch me graduate, when you built our deck growing up and made our backyard so beautiful, the way you knew how to have a good time, your passion for so many things, how you came to visit us countless times in Columbus and to visit me so many times once I moved to Stow & Sagamore Hills, and your strength right up until your last days. We love you Papa Geno!




Comments

Jenn said…
So sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. He sounds like a wonderful man. And any Grandfather who has Sunrise or Buena Vista waiting for you is top notch in my book! Hugs!
Unknown said…
Sorry for your loss, He was a great guy, I remember meeting everyone up at Put-in-Bay, having some beers and going out (many years ago). I really enjoyed his company both at Put-in-Bay and during the times we went to the OSU games with him, his son Gene, and Mary Lou...Wish I was closer to Columbus and had more time to spend after moving out of state.. Just a wonderful man.. Jim Sterchele and Family

Popular Posts