So Much To Say, So Little Time

We had a good weekend here at the Vitt house with not a single moment to sit down at the computer.  On Friday night, Scott took Jaden and Sienna to a special event at Jaden's school--a movie night with dad!  They watched Madagascar 3, ate popcorn and had a blast.  Bristol and I spent our evening with a Target trip and by face-timing Grammy.  Ever since, Bristol keeps bringing me the phone and saying "Ah Gaga! Ah Gaga!"--she can't wait to facetime again!

On Saturday I started off the day doing a bit of organizing and cleaning in my craft room.  B's Bows opens shop again TONIGHT and I needed to get a few things sorted out so that I can launch my new items including a Valentine-themed collection.  Around mid-morning Jaden's friend from school came over and stayed for about 4 hours through lunch and into the afternoon.  At first Jaden and Sienna kept fighting and making everyone miserable, but they settled down and had a wonderful time playing with our guest.  Bristol ran around with the big girls too--so cute to see her trailing behind but still feeling included.  Saturday evening I made dinner, bathed the kiddos and designed some new items for my shop while watching TV with Scott.

On Sunday we woke up bright and early and my three girlies and I were off for a full day out before Scott even rolled out of bed.  We dropped off a set of Valentine bows and bowties at a photoshoot, then had lunch and visited with my sister and brother-in-law before heading back to the photoshoot to have a few of our own Valentine pictures taken.  It was our first time taking part in a "mini," which many photographers are now offering, and I am thinking we will do many more!  The girls basically had to cooperate and smile for 20 minutes which was totally do-able for them and then we were done.  They were so cute with the Valentine themed props and with one another.  Last night the photographer Melissa posted this preview for us:


We don't usually do holiday photos, but these girls are only little once and since mini sessions are so inexpensive I think we'll do more going forward.  Photo by The Art Studio Photography, Headbands by B's Bows and Necklaces by GigiBling Boutique :)

On Sunday evening I dropped the girls off back at home and headed out to Bunco with my girlfriends.  We get together once each month to play this fun dice game, have dinner together and chat until way too late into the night.  Each month we have a theme and this month was a surprise baby sprinkle for two of our friends who are expecting babies within the next month.  About halfway through the games we took a break and a couple of us were in the kitchen where we found a huge stack of reflectors that nobody could figure out where they'd come from or what they were for.  We play bunco at a lodge house for the local fraternal order of police chapter, so there is always something random and funny there for us to stumble upon.  My friend Julie snapped this pic of me finding some uses for the reflectors--just being silly!


After the games were through and the winners announced, we surprised our friend Julie, who coordinates the group, with cards, flowers and three lanterns in honor of her baby girl Mallory who died three years ago on the 14th of January.  I have discussed the story a bit on here and will share more soon.

The lanterns were amazing--so beautiful and serene as they floated into the sky.  What a moment to share all together--especially meaningful because little Mallory in her short earthly life is responsible in bringing this group of friends together and for teaching each of us what leaning on one another is really all about. 



Yesterday, Monday, was a hectic day.  Mondays are the craziest day of our whole week here and to top off the packed schedule, I had a blasted headache!  I think I stayed up too late Sunday night--lesson learned. 

Sienna had a mid-season showcase in a sports skills class that she takes and Bristol was such a handfull during the show that I didn't take a single photo.  Scott, his mom and his dad all came to watch as Sienna performed drills showing off skills she has learned pertaining to volleyball, soccer, football, golf and tennis.  She was so enthusiastic and adorable during the show; she said football was her favorite and we all agreed that she did best on those drills.  She also excels at soccer.  The class she is taking is perfect for her because we've tried community sports and she is not ready for the full-blown game.  This class breaks it up and gives her small components to work on and master.  It is also full of variety which Sienna needs and loves.

Scott was late getting home last night which is very unlike him, but he called with great news as he left his office.  His first clients signed their first purchase agreement last evening!  As of 1/1/2013 Scott branched off on his own forming a company called Canyon Creek Homes.  His dad "retired" and Scott is going to be contracted to build on his dad's remaining properties as he looks for new places to build custom homes.  I am so excited for Scott and proud of him as he worked with this couple to get his first agreement signed.  May this be the first of many new homes that Scott builds with his company!!  On that note, if you are local to us and know of anyone looking to re-model, build custom on their own property, build custom on a property Scott or his dad owns, or to do a commercial build-out, please let us know.  Scott has learned from working with his dad for 10 years and will put together a gorgeous home with the highest quality finishes for your dollar.  We receive compliments on our home every time someone sees it--well it was 100% designed and overseen by Scott.  He is truly talented!

Whew, it has been a whirlwind few days.  Today will be another whirlwind as I launch into 2013 with my little bow business.  Happy Tuesday family and friends--I hope you find many reasons to smile today :)

Comments

Unknown said…
I don't doubt for a minute that had it not been for Mallory, my hour of lunch duty with her momma would have come and gone and we'd just wave to each other around town from time to time. Instead it has turned into breakfasts and lunches and Bunco and slapping sticky reflectors on your booty.

Popular Posts