Riding An Emotional Rollercoaster

Yesterday was a wild ride on an emotional roller coaster for me.  I am sure glad it's over and that today was a much better day!  It all started with Bristol waking up in quite a bad mood.  I don't know why, but this week she hasn't been herself in the morning.  I hope that tomorrow she wakes up happier and that we can put behind us this series of tough mornings for her!  I have to admit though, I took complete advantage of her grumpiness to snuggle her and relax for a good part of the morning :)


Yesterday I said goodbye to my big SUV.  I've had it 5 years 8 months and it was like a part of me.  I got it when I was pregnant with Sienna and watched my family grow to fill that vehicle.  We had so many great times in it from a few road trips to the beach to the time I piled 10 friends in the back of it to avoid paying parking for multiple cars at Cedar Point (and then the car got hit while parked in the parking lot that day--what a day!). But it was starting to have some problems and Scott was ready to get a new car, so he traded it in on a new big SUV for himself.  I'm driving his smaller SUV in the meantime and I hope to get a new car soon.  I was really sad to see the car go even though I know it was the best car to trade in right now.  I'm going to take my time and carefully look at the details of a few different vehicles to decide what I want to drive next, but in the meantime I'm going to make do.

I ran a few errands with Sienna and Bristol early yesterday afternoon and in a moment of zero self control I bought this:


It's an apple pie pizza and it's a good thing I rarely look at the pizza area of our grocery store--this was super yummy and probably a million calories!  Which reminds me...Weight Loss Wednesdays will be coming back next week :)

Once Jaden got home from school yesterday I had to get a picture of her and Bristol together.  Bristol was wearing a 6.5-year-old Hanna Anderssen dress that was Jaden's on her first birthday and Jaden was wearing her first day of school dress, from the same store.  As the two of them got dressed yesterday morning I couldn't help but think about how the time has flown by since Jaden was turning one and wearing the light pink dress, and before I know it I'll be putting Bristol into what Jaden was wearing!


My girls are way too good for me in front of the camera--they always smile so well and the big girls are very sweet to Bristol as they help to get her to pose and smile for me!  While I was taking their picture yesterday, Jaden and Bristol even started hugging and let me get a shot of them loving on one another...


Yesterday afternoon my emotional roller coaster continued as I talked with my sister Brooke who lives in South Carolina and is pregnant with a baby she plans to give up for adoption.  It is a very tough situation for everyone, especially for her.  I won't go into details because it's not anyone's business, but she explained to me yesterday that she feels very alone and would like for some of her family, me included, to be there when she has the baby girl and gives her to the adoptive parents.  It broke my heart to hear her talk and to think about all that she faces in the next few months. 


By evening yesterday I was too exhausted to do much of anything, let alone blog.  I just soaked in my kiddos and focused on all the good in my life.  Any of my personal struggles are trivial in the scheme of life and I am truly, truly a blessed, fortunate mama!

Today was a pretty good day, though I did not take one single photo.  Bristol, Sienna and I went to my favorite store, Joann Fabrics, and then to lunch with our friends Rachel and Lila.  Bristol took a nice long nap while Sienna watched a show on TV and I cleared out over 500 messages in my email and facebook inbox.  Tonight we celebrated a belated Christmas with my stepmom with dinner and some lovely gifts.  I'm so grateful that it was a better day overall and that the emotional rollercoaster ride of yesterday has ended!

Comments

Popular Posts