Disney On Ice

On Thursday evening I took this precious picture of the three gorgeous girls in our house:

 

They are my everything.  They are my whole day.  They are behind my every decision.  They are even a huge part of my hobbies and my bow business.  My hobbies are documenting their special childhood days through scrapbooking and journaling.  My bow business exists to save money to take them to Disney World for a 2nd trip one year from next month.  I cannot say enough how much I love and live for these three precious girls!

Our long weekend has been tainted by illness, unfortunately.  After complaining of some aches and pains for a few days, Jaden came down with a fever of 102 yesterday.  At the same time, Bristol awoke covered head to toe in her own vomit :(  Scott thought he'd dodged the bullet for a second time (at Christmas Sienna and I were out of commission with a wretched stomach bug!) until tonight...and he's got it BAD.  I've spent yesterday and today being a little lazy and not doing much, secretly hoping that if I'm rested up I'll fight off the awful invader of our home.  Tonight I'll cross all of my fingers AND all of my toes that I don't catch it!  

Fortunately, we did have one wonderful day as a family during this long weekend.  On Saturday morning we all ventured downtown to see Disney on Ice.  There couldn't be a more perfect show for our girls--Mickey and Minnie for Bristol, Rapunzel for Jaden and both Ariel and Merida for Sienna!


We purchased tickets through our preschool parents group and were blessed to have amazing seats!  We were 9 rows from the ice and could see all of the characters very well as they performed.


The show's premise was a showcase of musical numbers from Disney hits.  The four major performances were from Ariel, Rapunzel, Merida and Belle.  All of the performances varied in terms of stunts and were each incredible!



I got such a kick out of the skating horse with Rapunzel and Flynn Ryder.  Jaden and Sienna were mesmerized by the lanterns and flags!


During the intermission, the girls talked us into having some cotton candy.  With the treat came this funny Flounder hat which we let Bristol have as her souvenir.  She's such a ham--



First onto the ice after intermission was Merida--making her skating debut in this show.  She was a favorite for Sienna and I.


Just before wrapping up the show Beauty and the Beast performed.  They were a beautiful pair skating together!


Here are Jaden and Sienna raising their lights during the "Kill the Beast" sequence--they were acting just like the townspeople on the ice who had flaming torches--




The girls enjoyed every moment of the show and were sad to see it end.  Bristol was perfect during the first half and a little restless during the second half.  Overall she did better than expected for a toddler!  Ever since seeing the show, the girls have been pretending to be ice skaters and playing with their light up toys all day and night. 


I'm so glad our whole weekend was not a waste due to sickness and that we got to enjoy a fun Saturday all together!  I'm off to do some more disinfecting now before I settle for bed in the guest room because there's no way I can crawl in bed with my poor sick hubby tonight.  Pray with me that he will be better tomorrow!

Comments

Popular Posts