Sienna Sweetie
As soon as Sienna hopped into the car after her school day was over, she pulled out this masterpiece:
She showed it to me enthusiastically and just as I began to imagine it was a picture of someone giving a Christmas present to someone else, she informed me that the picture she drew at school today was of "Mommy taking away one of my toys to put it on time out." Oh dear--what is a mom to say to that!?!? Yes, we do put items on time out as a form of discipline around here, and apparently it has made quite the impact on Sienna. I felt a little crushed and sad that this was what she chose to draw on her first day back to school, but I am glad we have rules that we stick to at our house and great kids who know and follow the rules pretty well. I've tucked the drawing away and will be sure to pull it out one day when she's raising her own children. Ha!
For her first day back to school Sienna chose to wear her new Lalaloopsy shirt that we gave her for Christmas. She loves Lalaloopsy dolls, so I knew she'd enjoy having a personalized shirt with one on it. Once dressed this morning, she started talking about how she needed a blue and pink bow to match her shirt. She had a very specific design in mind, so I told her I would make one for her. This afternoon, I let her pick out all of the details and design her perfect Lalaloopsy shirt bow. Sure, we have 8 other bows that could easily be worn with this shirt, but she was so sweet in describing what she wanted and so interested in how I would make the bow; I couldn't turn her down!
The bow is not what I would have done, but Sienna was the sole designer and to be honest, I love how it turned out. The entire time I sewed the ribbon, Sienna observed and talked to me about how she wants her own needle and ribbon to make bows. She said that next Christmas she would ask for a bow making kit. Knowing Sienna, she really will be making bows by next Christmas if I let her--she's meticulous and creative just like Mama.
Once we finished up, she wore her bow proudly:
Upon seeing her sister being photographed, guess who decided to pose the same way for some pics??
Just before bed, Sienna gave me her best Lalaloopsy pose:
She was copying the stance of the girl on her shirt exactly. Oh Sissy, you say and do the cutest things!
Aside from spending some quality time with my middle daughter this afternoon, my day was mostly filled with cleaning and organizing. I'm working hard to make sure every square inch of our home is perfectly in order by the end of this month. We have never organized the basement since living here and we just had a garage full of stuff delivered that had been stored in my father-in-law's basement. Big progress has been made already and I know it will feel so wonderful once I finish up. Along the way I'm selling and giving away everything we don't use or need anymore. It's wonderfully refreshing!
Wow, am I really finishing up 2 consecutive days of posting here? 2013 is off to a great start! Happy day friends :)








Comments