2013
Happy New Year! I am very grateful to have entered the new year happy, healthy and blessed beyond measure. As I posted on facebook earlier today, I love the fresh feeling of a new year--new
unmarked calendar, cold winter months ahead where my home gets cleaner
and more de-cluttered than ever, motivation to do better & be better
in a variety of areas. I'm excited and energized for 2013.
I appreciate the encouragement after my last post. I have decided to make blogging a priority this year and am setting up parameters to organize the photos I use in posts to put them into a digital family yearbook for the year. Keeping up with family photos and memories is very important to me--more important than B's Bows, more important than a perfectly clean home, more important than facebooking or playing games on my phone. Therefore, I am going to try to make sure I blog more days than not and treat this with the importance it has to me.
To ring in 2013, we hosted my sisters Lindsey and Kim and their families for the second annual NYE family gathering. My stepmom Darla was supposed to come as well, but she got sick. We had a variety of appetizers and our girls played with their cousins Parker, Preston & Charlotte for a few hours. Parker and Preston somehow ended up dressed up in princess costumes at one point, but I didn't grab my camera quickly enough to capture the moment. We put the kiddos to bed slumber party style in their sleeping bags around 9pm, but they were up giggling and telling stories until well after 11!
Once the children were all in bed (and only the two littlest were asleep!) we adults played one of my favorite games called "The Game of Things." Scott, Jason and Chris did not want to play, but my sisters and I convinced them to and we spent a few hours laughing over who wrote down what during the game.
After the game was over (I won--woohoo!), we opened an envelope we'd stuffed last year with predictions for 2012. I read aloud each of our predictions for the year and we once again laughed over what we'd each written. We predicted everything from election results to new additions in the family. Many predictions came true and many did not. We wrote down predictions for 2013 to save until next New Years Eve and finished up just in time to watch the Times Square ball drop and countdown.
I cannot imagine a better way to ring in the new year than surrounded by people I deeply care about and with an evening filled with lots of conversation and laughter. Chris, Lindsey and the kids all spent the night and we all shared our first breakfast of 2013 together. It was wonderful!
Today we had a family pajama day and spent a lot of time relaxing. Bristol, Sienna and I even got to take a long nap--the perfect way to recover from a busy holiday season! School starts again tomorrow and I have a list of organizational projects to do this month around the house. Here's to a new year even better than the last!
I appreciate the encouragement after my last post. I have decided to make blogging a priority this year and am setting up parameters to organize the photos I use in posts to put them into a digital family yearbook for the year. Keeping up with family photos and memories is very important to me--more important than B's Bows, more important than a perfectly clean home, more important than facebooking or playing games on my phone. Therefore, I am going to try to make sure I blog more days than not and treat this with the importance it has to me.
To ring in 2013, we hosted my sisters Lindsey and Kim and their families for the second annual NYE family gathering. My stepmom Darla was supposed to come as well, but she got sick. We had a variety of appetizers and our girls played with their cousins Parker, Preston & Charlotte for a few hours. Parker and Preston somehow ended up dressed up in princess costumes at one point, but I didn't grab my camera quickly enough to capture the moment. We put the kiddos to bed slumber party style in their sleeping bags around 9pm, but they were up giggling and telling stories until well after 11!
Once the children were all in bed (and only the two littlest were asleep!) we adults played one of my favorite games called "The Game of Things." Scott, Jason and Chris did not want to play, but my sisters and I convinced them to and we spent a few hours laughing over who wrote down what during the game.
After the game was over (I won--woohoo!), we opened an envelope we'd stuffed last year with predictions for 2012. I read aloud each of our predictions for the year and we once again laughed over what we'd each written. We predicted everything from election results to new additions in the family. Many predictions came true and many did not. We wrote down predictions for 2013 to save until next New Years Eve and finished up just in time to watch the Times Square ball drop and countdown.
I cannot imagine a better way to ring in the new year than surrounded by people I deeply care about and with an evening filled with lots of conversation and laughter. Chris, Lindsey and the kids all spent the night and we all shared our first breakfast of 2013 together. It was wonderful!
Today we had a family pajama day and spent a lot of time relaxing. Bristol, Sienna and I even got to take a long nap--the perfect way to recover from a busy holiday season! School starts again tomorrow and I have a list of organizational projects to do this month around the house. Here's to a new year even better than the last!






Comments