Easy-going Weekend

We've just had one of the most easygoing weekends we've had in MONTHS.  It was the perfect mix of lounging and productivity.  Saturday I got to meet a few friends to scrapbook at the library for awhile and then I got home, cleaned up and we headed out for our first ride in Scott's new car as a family!


We had to stop at the dealership where he bought the car so that I could sign paperwork and I was sad to see my poor lonely car sitting in the back of the lot :(  Sienna said, "our car has no friends!" and she was right--it was practically singled out, hidden behind all of the shiny new vehicles. 


From the dealership we headed out to dinner.  Scott and the girls had never been to Red Robin, so we headed there.  The girls were pretty good and fortunately that restaurant is so loud, nobody would have known if they weren't behaving!






Bristol first said what sounded just like "I love you" to me at bedtime a couple of months ago.  I knew at the time that if she'd truly repeated what I'd just said to her, it was probably a fluke.  Now though, she has started repeating EVERYTHING, including "Ah luhhh youuuu."  It melts my heart--I got her to say it twice yesterday while recording her on my phone:


After dinner last night we got the girls all to bed and I hardly moved the rest of the night.  I kept thinking there were so many things I should be cleaning, putting away and organizing, but all I wanted to do was lay in our bed!

Today, Sunday, I got to sleep in a little bit while Scott got up with the girls and fed them breakfast.  Then we started clearing out some of the remaining Christmas toys and gifts.  Jaden and Sienna put away all of their own things and then got to put on their play make-up for awhile.  I was impressed that they put it on so well--they looked natural and not all crazy!

This afternoon while Bristol napped, Scott and I took down every single Christmas decoration, packed it up and put it in the basement to store until next year.  Unfortunately one ornament did break--and of course it's one of Bristol's, who has the fewest special ornaments since she's the youngest.


Oh well, we'll have to find her a replacement next winter!  I was so relieved to get all of Christmas down and put away.  I always love having the decorations up, but the task of decorating and then un-decorating can be daunting.  I'm grateful that Scott helped as much as he did--could not have done it without him!

Tonight we cleared out all of the leftovers from the fridge and had them with freshly prepared chicken for dinner.  I love easy dinners--I'm not much of a cook unless it involves a crock pot.


After putting the girls all to bed I finished up organizing a few areas of the house that I'd started last week and just finally sat down about a half hour ago.  I feel ready for the week after a wonderful laid-back weekend!

Comments

Popular Posts