Teeny B
At 21 months old, every day is a new adventure for Bristol, also known as Teeny B or Tiny Sis.
Every day is also a new adventure for Scott and I as her mom and dad. She does the cutest, funniest, most heartwarming things. She has developed quite the little personality and is always surprising us with how much she knows.
Bristol is obsessed with Mickey Mouse and eating bananas. If she could have Mickey on TV while eating a banana, I think she would feel like that was heaven to her. Each of our girls have a small Mickey and Minnie stuffed animal and Bristol often tries to carry around all 6 at once. She also just got the larger Mickey in this photo below for Christmas and she carries him around a lot too.
Each time we turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bristol jumps up and gets excited for her show. Then at the end she always does the Hot Dog Dance with Mickey and his friends. I tried to record her the other night at the beginning and end of the show. She wasn't as enthusiastic that night and I apologize for my high-pitched laughter and talking! Ha!
She is also an iPhone and iPad addict. In fact, we can attribute her love for Mickey to her love of the iPad because she learned to use the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse App last summer by the time she was 15 months old. For Christmas, Santa brought Bristol her own refurbished iPhone 3 to play with (iPhones without phone service act as iPod touches--so we don't pay for cell service, but she can use the wifi at home and non-wifi apps out and about). She doesn't get to play with it often, but loves it as a special treat especially when we're running errands. I know, I know, s-p-o-i-l-e-d...
Yesterday, 1/1/14, Bristol counted to 10. She's been counting a little bit, but this time she actually said the right words for each number in order with me. I have only been working on 1-5 with her, but she kept going right to 10!
She LOVES our "goggie" Jack and gives him a kiss goodbye every morning as Scott and the dog head out to work. She knows the sounds associated with big sister Jaden coming home from school or Daddy coming home from work and runs to greet each of them daily.
Bristol plays by herself some and when she's off quietly playing alone I often find her with her Mickey Mouse clubhouse set or her sisters' My Little Ponies which she calls "pon-yis" endearingly. She is all up on the coolest little girl toys and shows thanks to her older sisters!
We just started being able to put pony-tails in Bristol's hair. She looks adorable with it all swept out of her face and off her neck!
She thinks she should have free reign of the house all the time and while I usually don't have to worry about her getting into things, I worry about her if she's upstairs alone. If she wants to play with something upstairs either I'll check on her often or we'll bring down what she's wanting. She does great on the stairs by herself though--has been doing them on her own for as long as she could walk and it's been at least 6 months since I worried about her on them. She's very stable and cautious!
I am so blessed because Teeny B is a HAM for the camera. She gets into position and totally cheeses for me. As a mama who can't get enough of photographing her kiddos, I love that she's like this! Ironically, she was a bit of a stinker for the girls' Valentine mini session. I wonder if she just prefers Mama behind the camera...
A few months ago we introduced the fork and spoon for mealtimes. Bristol thought they were fun, but would eventually put them down and resort to picking up her food with her hands. I got to a point where I wouldn't even give her a fork with her meal because it was easy enough and fine with me that she ate with her hands or I would use my fork to feed her. Well over the past week, she has been quite adamant about using the utensils again and is getting plenty of good fine motor practice each meal!
Tiny Sis and I get lots of time together just the two of us while big sisters are at school and I enjoy this time tremendously. She and I are the best of pals and she is delightful to have tag along while running errands, cleaning the house, doing laundry or just hanging out. Of course we spend plenty of time playing, reading, doing puzzles and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together too :) Here we are yesterday with our Mommy Chocolate Milk (Iced Mocha!) and Baby Chocolate Milk. It was our little treat together!
So there you have it--a little glimpse of Bristol's world these days! She's the very best 21-month-old this Mama could ask for and I hate that she has to grow up because I would keep her as my toddler side-kick forever!
Every day is also a new adventure for Scott and I as her mom and dad. She does the cutest, funniest, most heartwarming things. She has developed quite the little personality and is always surprising us with how much she knows.
Bristol is obsessed with Mickey Mouse and eating bananas. If she could have Mickey on TV while eating a banana, I think she would feel like that was heaven to her. Each of our girls have a small Mickey and Minnie stuffed animal and Bristol often tries to carry around all 6 at once. She also just got the larger Mickey in this photo below for Christmas and she carries him around a lot too.
Each time we turn on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Bristol jumps up and gets excited for her show. Then at the end she always does the Hot Dog Dance with Mickey and his friends. I tried to record her the other night at the beginning and end of the show. She wasn't as enthusiastic that night and I apologize for my high-pitched laughter and talking! Ha!
She is also an iPhone and iPad addict. In fact, we can attribute her love for Mickey to her love of the iPad because she learned to use the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse App last summer by the time she was 15 months old. For Christmas, Santa brought Bristol her own refurbished iPhone 3 to play with (iPhones without phone service act as iPod touches--so we don't pay for cell service, but she can use the wifi at home and non-wifi apps out and about). She doesn't get to play with it often, but loves it as a special treat especially when we're running errands. I know, I know, s-p-o-i-l-e-d...
Yesterday, 1/1/14, Bristol counted to 10. She's been counting a little bit, but this time she actually said the right words for each number in order with me. I have only been working on 1-5 with her, but she kept going right to 10!
She LOVES our "goggie" Jack and gives him a kiss goodbye every morning as Scott and the dog head out to work. She knows the sounds associated with big sister Jaden coming home from school or Daddy coming home from work and runs to greet each of them daily.
Bristol plays by herself some and when she's off quietly playing alone I often find her with her Mickey Mouse clubhouse set or her sisters' My Little Ponies which she calls "pon-yis" endearingly. She is all up on the coolest little girl toys and shows thanks to her older sisters!
We just started being able to put pony-tails in Bristol's hair. She looks adorable with it all swept out of her face and off her neck!
She thinks she should have free reign of the house all the time and while I usually don't have to worry about her getting into things, I worry about her if she's upstairs alone. If she wants to play with something upstairs either I'll check on her often or we'll bring down what she's wanting. She does great on the stairs by herself though--has been doing them on her own for as long as she could walk and it's been at least 6 months since I worried about her on them. She's very stable and cautious!
I am so blessed because Teeny B is a HAM for the camera. She gets into position and totally cheeses for me. As a mama who can't get enough of photographing her kiddos, I love that she's like this! Ironically, she was a bit of a stinker for the girls' Valentine mini session. I wonder if she just prefers Mama behind the camera...
A few months ago we introduced the fork and spoon for mealtimes. Bristol thought they were fun, but would eventually put them down and resort to picking up her food with her hands. I got to a point where I wouldn't even give her a fork with her meal because it was easy enough and fine with me that she ate with her hands or I would use my fork to feed her. Well over the past week, she has been quite adamant about using the utensils again and is getting plenty of good fine motor practice each meal!
Tiny Sis and I get lots of time together just the two of us while big sisters are at school and I enjoy this time tremendously. She and I are the best of pals and she is delightful to have tag along while running errands, cleaning the house, doing laundry or just hanging out. Of course we spend plenty of time playing, reading, doing puzzles and watching Mickey Mouse Clubhouse together too :) Here we are yesterday with our Mommy Chocolate Milk (Iced Mocha!) and Baby Chocolate Milk. It was our little treat together!
So there you have it--a little glimpse of Bristol's world these days! She's the very best 21-month-old this Mama could ask for and I hate that she has to grow up because I would keep her as my toddler side-kick forever!












Comments