Weight Loss Wednesday!

How does an entire week go by without blogging?  I think about blogging every single day, but I always seem to run out of time!  I truly admire those who write daily, or even more days than not, on their blogs.  Especially those raising young children like myself.  Someday maybe I'll figure out their trick and be able to implement it myself!

Today I'm linking up with Kelly's Korner, so if you're coming from there, welcome!  As I mentioned a few weeks back, Kelly is one of my favorite bloggers and even on my craziest of days, I rarely miss out on reading her posts.

Now onto Weight Loss Wednesday!  Well, Thursday, but who's counting really?  For anyone just joining us, I've been documenting the ups and downs of my weight loss journey after having my third baby.  It's been a fun ride so far and I've enjoyed building a community of friends who share weight loss encouragement, advice, secrets, recipes, etc.

This past weekend Scott and I visited our Alma Mater, Ohio University, where we met almost 10 years ago.  Scott's friend were having a little reunion of sorts and it was great to get back there and see the campus together!  Scott took this photo of me just before we left our hotel room for dinner so that I could text my cousin and ask her a question about my outfit:


Apparently the iphone camera is the opposite of most--I look 10 lbs lighter instead of 10 lbs heavier than normal!  My cousin didn't even comment on my outfit at first, but said something about my being thinner.  I have to admit, it feels great to be able to start seeing the results of my hard work over the past four and a half months!  In case anyone is wondering, my pants here are a size 6 and the shirt is a small.  While the photo does make me look super thin, I do think it's partially an illusion.  Anyway...

Weight Loss This Week:  2.2 lbs!!  This loss accounted for two weeks since I was unable to weigh in last week.  I'll take it!!

Total Weight Loss So Far: 21.0 lbs (Original weight-in:  163.4; Yesterday's weigh-in:  142.4)

Eating Plan:  Weight Watchers Points Plus 

Exercise Plan:  Over the past week I worked out 3 times; I did cardio all three times and lifted twice.  I'm trying to increase to a minimum of four workouts per week with lifting three of those times.  I feel I need to do this to tackle the rest of this weight!

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  This doesn't really fall into this category, but I want to say it--sometimes I feel like people might read these posts or talk to me about my weight loss and think I've had it "easy" either because I haven't had 100 lbs to lose or because it's come off pretty steadily since the beginning.  Yes, I was never (aside from when I was 9 months prego with each of my daughters) more than 30 pounds or so over what I weighed when I was in college.  However, from the time I had our first daughter through when our second daughter was 2 1/2, those 30 extra pounds might as well have been 200.  I struggled SO much.  I didn't understand why it seemed that every single person around me was able to lose baby weight almost instantly while mine stuck around and plagued me forever.  I tried different diets, tried to work out and nothing ever seemed to work.  I HATED trying to squeeze myself into pants that were two sizes bigger than those I'd worn before I had Jaden and looking like a stuffed sausage with a side of muffin top.  I was constantly uncomfortable and stressed about it.

Once I figured out the right balance of diet, exercise and support, it all clicked.  As friends and family know I had great success in finally dropping 22 pounds before getting pregnant with our third daughter, Bristol.  Physically AND mentally, I was able to overcome so many obstacles.  I remember being so stunned and excited when I hit the 16-lbs-lost mark.  It was 10% of my previous body weight and at that point I really was noticing changes.  I kept going and kept losing.

After Bristol was born I wanted to jump right back on the bandwagon and lose the baby weight quickly.  I didn't want it to stick around for years like it had before and I didn't want that uncomfortable, stressed feeling to come back.  For a few months I did struggle--kept trying to get into an exercise routine and kept hitting bumps in the road.  I found that when my exercise plans failed, my eating plans did too.  Thankfully, my friend Ashley was ready to go back to Weight Watchers last December after also having a baby and my going with her made everything click all over again.

I guess by sharing this today what I'm trying to say is that whether you have 10 extra lbs that you're uncomfortable with or 150, it's a struggle.  I always encourage friends and family to keep at it, keep trying to find the right mix of diet, exercise and support.  And once it clicks, you still have to keep at it.  There are tough weeks and easy ones.  There are social situations where it's hard not to indulge the way you might have before.  There are people who will make comments about whether you've not lost enough, shouldn't lose anymore, or have lost too much. 

I've said this 1000 times, and I'll say it at least 500 more, but I truly love sharing this journey and hearing back from so many friends on how they're doing.  I wouldn't change this for the world; and I hope that I'm able to give half of the encouragement to you all that you've given to me!!

Recipes to Share:  No recipe this week.  We did make kabobs this week on the grill and I think they'll be a summer staple around here!

Goals This Week:  To lose 1 lb.

Overall Goals:  By June 8, I'd like to lose 6 more lbs.  Thereafter, I'm looking to lose one lb per week until my 30th birthday at the end of July.  I've decided to strive to weigh what I did at age 20 when I turn 30!!

I'd like to lose 14 more lbs total. 

I'm 3/5 of the way to my overall goal.  WOW.

I've mentioned some size 4 jeans and J.Crew shorts on here a few times.  I'm excited to share that the jeans, which wouldn't go above my knees four months ago, can be pulled on AND buttoned.  I'm not quite comfortable with the "overflow" if you will of fat and skin that produces quite the muffin top when I button them, so I'm not wearing them out anywhere yet, but they button!!

Oh yeah, and the J.Crew shorts--they fit.  I rocked some today in fact :)  Things like this make me smile even in my sleep!

Comments

Mama Perks said…
You.Go.Girl. You look AMAZING!!! I, too think I've finally found my weight loss equation that "clicks." I'm down 15ish lbs and wearing size 6's too. WOW-it feels good to know we can still rock bikini's and short shorts even after having kids. Miss you and hope we can hang out soon!!! xo.
Jessica said…
Jumping over from Kelly's blog. I live in NE Ohio too and have lost almost 50 lbs on Weight Watchers. You look great!!!!
I'm stopping by from Kelly's Blog and live in NE Ohio! Congrats on your weight loss.