Mother's Day Tea & Treats
Happy Mother's Day to all of the amazing moms I know and especially to my mom, my bonus mom and my mother-in-law! I had a fantastic day with my family, but before I can post about today and the rest of our weekend, I wanted to share these photos and details from last week's pre-Mother's Day festivities.
Last Friday morning Bristol, Jaden and I joined Sienna at her school for Mother's Day tea. I expected to have a special snack with the children and then for them to play at the normal stations in their classroom, but the tea party consisted of SO MUCH more! Sienna's teacher had set up little stations and the preschoolers knew of and were excited about each and every one. I don't think I've ever seen Sienna more enthusiastic about anything before; in fact she was so thrilled about the tea in the days leading up to it that we even gave up tickets we'd had for a play that same morning because I knew we couldn't miss this special day at school.
The first station Sienna wanted to go to was in the gardening room. Each child chose a bag, glued their picture onto it and then decorated the bag with foam stickers. Then, Sienna got to plant a flower in a little pot for me. The volunteer gardening teacher even let Jaden plant a flower which absolutely made her day!
Next, Sienna led the way to a game down the hallway. We rolled a die and moved ahead game spaces on the floor. Then Jaden read what the space we landed on said and we had to either answer a question or do something silly like hop on one foot or do jumping jacks.
The third station Sienna led us to was the "photobooth." The teacher had simple instructions for setting up the self-timer on a camera she had set up. We all smiled together for a photo and then took one making silly faces. Before we left the booth I snapped this one of my three sweet blessings:
Fourth, we went into the snack room to have tea and muffins. Sienna made me a cup of tea using the teacher's Keurig machine and then when I got sidetracked while another mom there asked me a question, Jaden and Sienna made a cup of coffee for themselves! They saw a pod that had a donut on it and must've thought it would taste good. Obviously, I didn't let them drink it, and I'm sure they wouldn't have liked the taste anyway! They were apparently just trying to play hostesses with the mostesses :)
There were two stations that we didn't have time for--the necklace making station and the story reading station. Since we ran out of time, Sienna packed some beads and string in the little bag she'd made for me to take home. Here I am with my girls as we got ready to leave the lovely Mother's Day tea:
As soon as we were done eating lunch at home, Sienna started making the necklace for me using her supplies from school:
Then I put it on and she took a picture of me modeling my newest fashionable accessory:
The entire morning had been wonderful; I was fortunate to have all three of my girls there with me and I was spoiled with some wonderful goodies!
A flower corsage...
Flowers planted by my big girls...
A lovely necklace...
A special "All About Mom" quiz decorated by Sienna and given to me during the tea...
And a bag decorated by Sienna with her picture on it...
Jaden also gave me a few beautiful surprises as early Mother's Day gifts last week. She brought them home from school on Thursday and knowing that we were celebrating today at my mom's, she gave them to me right away.
She made this nice picture and wrote at the bottom "You always love me, play with me, you read me books"
She also made this sweet book and I love how her teacher encouraged the children to sound out their words to fill out the questions:
My favorite part is that she wrote that I can love her better than anyone else! Oh Jadie-girl, I CAN love you better than anyone else (except for maybe your Daddy--he's in a tie with Mommy)! I also enjoyed that she drew and wrote about us reading together. Not only has Jaden been reading to me often, but we read chapter books together and are just starting the 2nd book in Beverly Cleary's Ramona collection.
Finally, Jaden brought me this colorful vase with tissue paper flowers. This will be the perfect spring and summer decoration in our home this year and for years to come!!
It is so fun to have children in school around this time of year because these surprises are such treasures for me. Not only did the girls make things at school though--they also made me flowers at the daycare at my gym!
I love all of my handmade gifts and will keep them always. The thoughtful, hard work that Jaden and Sienna each put into these items makes them extra meaningful. Thanks girls for all of these special presents!!
Here is a sneak peak of my mom and I with the girls today. We had a delicious lunch all together and enjoyed spending the afternoon all together. More to come about our entire weekend tomorrow!
Last Friday morning Bristol, Jaden and I joined Sienna at her school for Mother's Day tea. I expected to have a special snack with the children and then for them to play at the normal stations in their classroom, but the tea party consisted of SO MUCH more! Sienna's teacher had set up little stations and the preschoolers knew of and were excited about each and every one. I don't think I've ever seen Sienna more enthusiastic about anything before; in fact she was so thrilled about the tea in the days leading up to it that we even gave up tickets we'd had for a play that same morning because I knew we couldn't miss this special day at school.
The first station Sienna wanted to go to was in the gardening room. Each child chose a bag, glued their picture onto it and then decorated the bag with foam stickers. Then, Sienna got to plant a flower in a little pot for me. The volunteer gardening teacher even let Jaden plant a flower which absolutely made her day!
Next, Sienna led the way to a game down the hallway. We rolled a die and moved ahead game spaces on the floor. Then Jaden read what the space we landed on said and we had to either answer a question or do something silly like hop on one foot or do jumping jacks.
The third station Sienna led us to was the "photobooth." The teacher had simple instructions for setting up the self-timer on a camera she had set up. We all smiled together for a photo and then took one making silly faces. Before we left the booth I snapped this one of my three sweet blessings:
Fourth, we went into the snack room to have tea and muffins. Sienna made me a cup of tea using the teacher's Keurig machine and then when I got sidetracked while another mom there asked me a question, Jaden and Sienna made a cup of coffee for themselves! They saw a pod that had a donut on it and must've thought it would taste good. Obviously, I didn't let them drink it, and I'm sure they wouldn't have liked the taste anyway! They were apparently just trying to play hostesses with the mostesses :)
There were two stations that we didn't have time for--the necklace making station and the story reading station. Since we ran out of time, Sienna packed some beads and string in the little bag she'd made for me to take home. Here I am with my girls as we got ready to leave the lovely Mother's Day tea:
As soon as we were done eating lunch at home, Sienna started making the necklace for me using her supplies from school:
Then I put it on and she took a picture of me modeling my newest fashionable accessory:
The entire morning had been wonderful; I was fortunate to have all three of my girls there with me and I was spoiled with some wonderful goodies!
A flower corsage...
Flowers planted by my big girls...
A lovely necklace...
A special "All About Mom" quiz decorated by Sienna and given to me during the tea...
And a bag decorated by Sienna with her picture on it...
Jaden also gave me a few beautiful surprises as early Mother's Day gifts last week. She brought them home from school on Thursday and knowing that we were celebrating today at my mom's, she gave them to me right away.
She made this nice picture and wrote at the bottom "You always love me, play with me, you read me books"
She also made this sweet book and I love how her teacher encouraged the children to sound out their words to fill out the questions:
My favorite part is that she wrote that I can love her better than anyone else! Oh Jadie-girl, I CAN love you better than anyone else (except for maybe your Daddy--he's in a tie with Mommy)! I also enjoyed that she drew and wrote about us reading together. Not only has Jaden been reading to me often, but we read chapter books together and are just starting the 2nd book in Beverly Cleary's Ramona collection.
Finally, Jaden brought me this colorful vase with tissue paper flowers. This will be the perfect spring and summer decoration in our home this year and for years to come!!
It is so fun to have children in school around this time of year because these surprises are such treasures for me. Not only did the girls make things at school though--they also made me flowers at the daycare at my gym!
I love all of my handmade gifts and will keep them always. The thoughtful, hard work that Jaden and Sienna each put into these items makes them extra meaningful. Thanks girls for all of these special presents!!
Here is a sneak peak of my mom and I with the girls today. We had a delicious lunch all together and enjoyed spending the afternoon all together. More to come about our entire weekend tomorrow!


























Comments
BTW, you look just like your mama!