Mid-week random catch up post!

I give so much credit to those bloggers who post daily.  I am trying to making regular blogging more of a priority, but each day it seems like all of the other "to dos" get in my way.  The past few weeks have been full of fun things that I would love to blog about, so I'll catch up on some now and later do a few posts about bigger happenings.

I first want to thank all of our friends and family who have prayed for us (me) and sent kind words our (my) way over the past few weeks.  I am seeing the beginning of a rainbow after what has been a long rain.  I hope you will continue to pray and think of me until the rainbow is fully formed and viewable so to speak :)

Some of you readers who aren't our close friends and family members are possibly re-joining our journey tonight.  I temporarily made our blog private to re-configure some things and now I've opened it up to everyone again.  Welcome back; leave a comment introducing yourself if you haven't ever done so.  I didn't know many of you until I made the blog private and received emails from you asking where we were!

So, onto what we've been up to lately...

About a week and a half ago I had to purchase one of these:


For some reason I've started grinding my teeth and this problem came on quickly and was hard-core from day 1!  I couldn't believe how much my jaw and mouth hurt each morning and how sensitive my teeth were from the start.  I'm not sure if the grinding is due to stress or my bite suddenly being "off."  Either way, I will see my dentist soon and get a custom mouth guard.  These ones are just for a temporary fix so that I can function each day without being in pain!

My little Jadie-girl LOVES Valentine's day.  So I found the box of our Valentine's decorations and she also made this festive chain for us to hang up this month.  I was impressed by her making and continuing the pattern of red-pink-white for such a long chain.  That's my little lover girl!


I've been working out some, though not as much as I'd like to be.  I was being silly as I waited for my girls to get ready to leave the gym one day last week and took this lovely photo of myself--yes, I get really red-faced while doing cardio!


That same day I took the kids to see Beauty and the Beast 3-D.  They LOVE the movie and thought it was a special treat.  Even Bristol wore glasses for a little while before she snuggled up and took a nap in the theater.  Thankfully the theater was empty besides us since I was a hot mess after my morning workout.  Oh well, it was a fun afternoon and there's no way we would've made it back out of the house if I'd gone home to shower first!




I've become a little bow factory.  After tonight I think I'll have made 30 bows in 7 days.  Here are two that I whipped up for my friend Shannon's daughters.  They have black dresses with the same type of white flowers on the neckline to wear these with:


Last Wednesday I hit 10.2 lbs. lost at my WW meeting (woohoo!).  I have to admit, I was a tad bit disappointed in only losing 0.6 that week because I stuck to plan and tracked EVERY SINGLE BITE.  This week I've not been quite as diligent and I'm a little nervous for tomorrow's weigh-in...

Anyway, after WW I took the kids to Chipotle and then we ran a few errands.  Bristol seemed eager to eat something other than her bottle of milk so I let her try some guacamole mixed with rice.  She was in HEAVEN and thought it was the yummiest meal ever!



Last Friday I wore red in honor of the American Heart Association's Wear Red for Women campaign.  I've always tried to wear red on their special days and spread a little awareness for the #1 killer of women.  As the granddaughter of someone who died of heart disease, the niece of someone who died at age 21 of a heart attack and the daughter of someone who had a terrible disease in his heart, I'm very aware of what can happen if you suffer from terrible disease of this organ.  Sometimes it is overlooked and we pay more attention to things like breast cancer, but I encourage all of my friends and family to take care of themselves in terms of diet and exercise for good cardiac health!


I was the parent volunteer at Sienna's school one day last week.  She was so cute at school and I enjoyed it tremendously.  We made these "plant people" and when Sienna brings hers home I'll post a photo.  They're keeping them at school and watering them because the "people" have grass as hair and it will grow similarly to a chia pet.  We also read stories, worked on writing Sienna's name, she painted a "blue wall" and a rainbow, she drew a roller coaster complete with herself on the track (which was her most detailed and life-like drawing yet that I've seen) and we celebrated her teachers' birthdays.  Fun day to be in the classroom!


On Saturday I got my hair cut and then we went to Jaden's and Sienna's soccer practice as a family.  While this little booger chewed on her toes for an hour (no joke):



Scott and I watched our girls do drills and have scrimmages against their teammates.  Jaden has shown a lot of improvement this year so far and let's just say that Sienna seems to have inherited her mother's athletic DIS-ability. We think she's the youngest in the group and she also appears to be the least interested in playing with her team.  I'm a little surprised since she LOVES kicking the soccer ball with me outside.  It's probably just her age and maturity...we'll see if she blossoms into a more sporty little girl or not.






We stayed home and watched the Superbowl Sunday night by ourselves which actually worked out just fine.  Scott made us little cheeseburger sliders while I bathed the girls and we had a nice dinner and some snacks during the pre-show.  Then I spent the entire game tackling every stitch of laundry in the house...whew it was quite a feat! 


That's overflowing basket #1 of 4 that I filled with folded laundry.  I'm just glad it's all done and put away.  I was also glad that the Giant's won the big game!  We were a house divided as Scott cheered on the Patriots and I cheered for the Giant's.  My sister is the same age as and went to school with Mario Manningham and I always heard a lot about him from my grandparents, so I had to root for the hometown hero.  It made it all the more exciting for me as he caught the big pass in the 4th quarter.  Woohoo Mario!

Today Bristol looked so sweet sporting her hand-me-down Valentine sweatsuit which has made it now through all three of our girls.  She and I spent an hour playing this afternoon before naptime and I enjoyed watching (and chasing) her as she explored every inch of the main floor of our house.  She's quite curious about her surroundings these days and while it tires Mama out, I do enjoy watching her discover new things.  She is SUCH a joyful baby.  I couldn't ask for a better tiny tot!


Well, that sums up a LOT of our past ten days or so.  There will be more to share later, but I better get to work on some bows, including some Minnie Mouse ear bows for which there just might be a tutorial for soon {wink, wink}!

Happy Tuesday friends!

Comments

Life Happens said…
So glad you're back publicly (cause now you show up on my blog roll).

Looks like the girls enjoyed the 3-D movie. Bristol is too cute eating her guac and rice! And Jaden and Sienna look cute in their soccer gear.

Love you in that red top! yay for the weight loss.
Anonymous said…
With core workout, women are in a position to goal the totally distinctive drawback areas they may well have and achieve power too. To cut back fat and enhance power, core workouts for women are positively something to consider.

Popular Posts