Weight Loss Wednesday & What's been keeping me from blogging these days!
I'm so sorry I'm behind on WLW posts and on blogging about Disney. There might be only two people in the world who actually care, but I always feel like I've let down the world when life gets in the way and I have little to no time for the computer! I'm going to catch up a little with Weight Loss Wednesday and at the bottom of this post share a little of the craziness that has happened around here lately :)
Exercise Plan: I'm not going to lie, this month has proven to be tough for workouts. I've gotten in at least 2 really good ones per week and have done LOTS of walking. At Disney I probably took more than 20,000 steps per day!
New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share: I actually have a little "public service announcement" of sorts for those of you who follow WW on your own or do it online without going to meetings.
Did you know that the online points calculations are not always accurate? I'm referring to the calculations ON the Weight Watchers site. My friend had mentioned a glitch to me about a month ago, but I didn't mention it here since I don't use the website much and thus it didn't affect me. However, tonight I was talking with some ladies about the points plus values for wine and one of them told me the website claims that wine is 8 points per glass. Well, I came home and opened up my handy dandy pocket guide (2012 edition, so newest information!):
So...why haven't I gotten all of my Disney posts / photos up and why have I been a little MIA over the past week? Well I laughed at this "stay at home mom" board because it couldn't be more true...
I'm pretty sure my mom isn't the only one who thinks I sit with my computer and a drink of some sort all day long. In fact, my mom might be one of the few who don't think that! Truth be told, tonight is the FIRST time my computer has been on since last Friday. And while the computer was technically "on" last week, I think I sat down on it once. Okay maybe twice now that I think about.
Less than 48 hours after returning from Disney, I headed to Columbus for the weekend. My friend and college roommate Meredith had her "Last fling before the ring" shower and celebration and I enjoyed a weekend with my girlfriends. Sunday morning when I woke up though I was S-I-C-K. I'd caught a bug my lovely children had decided to share with me. Who in the world decided to teach those darn kids to share??!!
So last week began a little like this:
On top of a 2 1/2-day-long funky stomach bug I had a KILLER headache, my chest hurt (mostly just on my left side--weird) and remember how I mentioned earlier this month I'd been grinding my teeth? Well all of the mouth pain became VERY intense. I landed myself in an emergency dental appointment Tuesday afternoon as I was just barely getting over the bug.
My dentist sent me home with strict orders...wear this crazy contraption at night to keep my SUPER sensitive teeth from touching one another, keep up the good dental hygiene...AND...get a root canal PRONTO on an upper tooth on my left side.
Um, yeah, all of the crazy symptoms I'd been having from tooth grinding to chest pain were related to an old filling underneath which decay had developed and caused some intense nastiness in my mouth!
I have to admit, I thought my dentist was crazy. I never in a MILLION years would've believed that my headache and chest pain was related to the tooth. I would've bet those were part of the bug I was fighting. However, last Thursday morning I had the root canal done and I've had ZERO symptoms since. It's like a small miracle was performed in my mouth. Aww sweet relief!
Speaking of teeth, I have to share what we found Sienna had done after brushing her own chompers this past Monday night. What a hoot that girl is!
Okay back to last week now. After the root canal, I treated myself to my first ever spray tan. Okay, it was the second small miracle I witnessed that day. I went in white as a ghost and came out....
I'm officially an addict. Well, only a little bit of one. I kinda wish the spray tan lasted longer. But none-the-less it was a beautiful thing while it lasted.
I got the spray tan because this past weekend was my friend Meredith's wedding. I headed down to Columbus early Friday afternoon to help her with all of the wedding festivities. I was her "day-of" coordinator and ran around quite a bit making sure everyone was where they needed to be on time, had their correct flowers, was lined up for photos, etc. Then I shuffled everyone down the aisle perfectly timed for the ceremony. It was a gorgeous wedding, and a lot of fun I should add. I have a few photos that I may share later.
Sunday morning after the post-wedding brunch we picked up our munchkins from my mom's where they stayed for the weekend and took them to lunch. We were the "cool parents of the year" award winners since we let them go out to lunch dressed as Ariel and Rapunzel. I was shocked that nobody gave us any weird looks. These two sure were happy :)
Monday Jaden decided to take a nap in her Rapunzel dress...I couldn't help but take a picture of how sweet she looked:
I guess the moral of that story is that one can wear princess dresses at a lot more places than just Disney World!!
And to wrap this crazy nonsense post up, a photo of my almost-11-month-old. Why, oh why does she have to grow up??
Now that my traveling days are over for quite awhile (whew, I was gone 14 out of 21 days...) I might actually be able to hop on the blogging bandwagon again and get these Disney posts pumped out. Thanks for your patience and understanding dear friends. Happy Wednesday!!
Weight Loss This Week: This week I actually gained 0.2. I'm still very happy with my success so far though and am determined to kick 1-1.5 lbs of fat cells to the curb this week! As I said on facebook today, fat cells are getting their eviction notices since they're no longer welcome here :)
Total Weight Loss So Far: 10.6 lbs (Original weight-in: 163.4; Today's weigh-in: 152.8)
Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Total Weight Loss So Far: 10.6 lbs (Original weight-in: 163.4; Today's weigh-in: 152.8)
Eating Plan: Weight Watchers Points Plus
Exercise Plan: I'm not going to lie, this month has proven to be tough for workouts. I've gotten in at least 2 really good ones per week and have done LOTS of walking. At Disney I probably took more than 20,000 steps per day!
New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share: I actually have a little "public service announcement" of sorts for those of you who follow WW on your own or do it online without going to meetings.
Did you know that the online points calculations are not always accurate? I'm referring to the calculations ON the Weight Watchers site. My friend had mentioned a glitch to me about a month ago, but I didn't mention it here since I don't use the website much and thus it didn't affect me. However, tonight I was talking with some ladies about the points plus values for wine and one of them told me the website claims that wine is 8 points per glass. Well, I came home and opened up my handy dandy pocket guide (2012 edition, so newest information!):
And it informed me that a 4-oz glass of wine is only THREE points. Big difference for anyone having a glass or two and trying to calculate points!
So I guess the moral of this story is that meetings are good for more than just the moral support of others following WW. You get handy dandy tools like this which are apparently far more accurate than weightwatchers.com!
One little caveat--I by no means want the WW "police" after me for my half-joking opinion here. I think the site is great, but there are just a few glitches in terms of the food and points values. Perhaps it's a miscalculation. Whatever the case may be, I still strongly urge everyone on the WW plan to visit a meeting sometime. I couldn't keep going without mine!
Recipes to Share: Actually, my friend Patty shared this one with me and I wanted to post it for any of you who love hot wings like I do. I think I'll make these next week!:
Buffalo Chicken Thighs
6 tbsp flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp ground red pepper (I used 1/8 b/c of the kids but think you could do more b/c it wasn't spicy)
8 bone-in chicken thighs, skinless ( I used boneless)
1 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp hot sauce (I used the Buffalo Wing type)
1 tbsp butter
Preheat to 375
Combine dry ingredients in zip-lock, shake to blend.
Add 1/2 chicken and shake to coat.
Heat large non-stick skillet over med/high heat with 11/2 tsp. oil.
Add chicken to pan and saute to brown each side about 4 mins. per side.
Transfer to jelly-roll pan (I covered pan with foil first)
Do the same for the second half of the chicken.
Bake for about 8-9 minutes.
Mix hot sauce and butter in dish and microwave about 30 secs. stir.
Drizzle sauce over chicken. - toss to coat.
WW - 8 pts. for 2 thighs
Favorite {Diet} Food Finds: Nothing new (sorry!). I'm loading up on fruits and veggies again now that I'm back from vacation and from two other long weekends in Columbus. I'm hoping that if I stick to the produce section that it will produce results--haha.
Goals This Week: I'm determined to get to 12 lbs lost total. I'd like to lose 1.4 this week. I'd also like to get a workout in tomorrow (Thurs) morning at home and possibly hit the gym sometime over the weekend. It's a busy weekend though so we'll see how I can work that out.
Overall Goals: To lose 23 more lbs or to fit into my size 4 jeans (whichever is first); to get to a point where I work out daily even for just 15 minutes; to increase my mileage for running
So...why haven't I gotten all of my Disney posts / photos up and why have I been a little MIA over the past week? Well I laughed at this "stay at home mom" board because it couldn't be more true...
I'm pretty sure my mom isn't the only one who thinks I sit with my computer and a drink of some sort all day long. In fact, my mom might be one of the few who don't think that! Truth be told, tonight is the FIRST time my computer has been on since last Friday. And while the computer was technically "on" last week, I think I sat down on it once. Okay maybe twice now that I think about.
Less than 48 hours after returning from Disney, I headed to Columbus for the weekend. My friend and college roommate Meredith had her "Last fling before the ring" shower and celebration and I enjoyed a weekend with my girlfriends. Sunday morning when I woke up though I was S-I-C-K. I'd caught a bug my lovely children had decided to share with me. Who in the world decided to teach those darn kids to share??!!
So last week began a little like this:
On top of a 2 1/2-day-long funky stomach bug I had a KILLER headache, my chest hurt (mostly just on my left side--weird) and remember how I mentioned earlier this month I'd been grinding my teeth? Well all of the mouth pain became VERY intense. I landed myself in an emergency dental appointment Tuesday afternoon as I was just barely getting over the bug.
My dentist sent me home with strict orders...wear this crazy contraption at night to keep my SUPER sensitive teeth from touching one another, keep up the good dental hygiene...AND...get a root canal PRONTO on an upper tooth on my left side.
Um, yeah, all of the crazy symptoms I'd been having from tooth grinding to chest pain were related to an old filling underneath which decay had developed and caused some intense nastiness in my mouth!
I have to admit, I thought my dentist was crazy. I never in a MILLION years would've believed that my headache and chest pain was related to the tooth. I would've bet those were part of the bug I was fighting. However, last Thursday morning I had the root canal done and I've had ZERO symptoms since. It's like a small miracle was performed in my mouth. Aww sweet relief!
Speaking of teeth, I have to share what we found Sienna had done after brushing her own chompers this past Monday night. What a hoot that girl is!
Okay back to last week now. After the root canal, I treated myself to my first ever spray tan. Okay, it was the second small miracle I witnessed that day. I went in white as a ghost and came out....
I'm officially an addict. Well, only a little bit of one. I kinda wish the spray tan lasted longer. But none-the-less it was a beautiful thing while it lasted.
I got the spray tan because this past weekend was my friend Meredith's wedding. I headed down to Columbus early Friday afternoon to help her with all of the wedding festivities. I was her "day-of" coordinator and ran around quite a bit making sure everyone was where they needed to be on time, had their correct flowers, was lined up for photos, etc. Then I shuffled everyone down the aisle perfectly timed for the ceremony. It was a gorgeous wedding, and a lot of fun I should add. I have a few photos that I may share later.
Sunday morning after the post-wedding brunch we picked up our munchkins from my mom's where they stayed for the weekend and took them to lunch. We were the "cool parents of the year" award winners since we let them go out to lunch dressed as Ariel and Rapunzel. I was shocked that nobody gave us any weird looks. These two sure were happy :)
Monday Jaden decided to take a nap in her Rapunzel dress...I couldn't help but take a picture of how sweet she looked:
I guess the moral of that story is that one can wear princess dresses at a lot more places than just Disney World!!
And to wrap this crazy nonsense post up, a photo of my almost-11-month-old. Why, oh why does she have to grow up??
Now that my traveling days are over for quite awhile (whew, I was gone 14 out of 21 days...) I might actually be able to hop on the blogging bandwagon again and get these Disney posts pumped out. Thanks for your patience and understanding dear friends. Happy Wednesday!!











Comments
How funny that you posted that Stay at Home Mom piece... a friend of mine sent it to me this week via text and I nearly fell out of my chair at how funny and yet how very accurate it is!
Glad to hear that you are feeling better, and I can't wait to see more Disney pics. I've got the itch to get back there soon myself, but it probably won't happen until at least next summer when Myers is just a little bit older!