Pintertest Kitchen

Today I'm linking up with Jess Johnson's blog {better late than never!} for her monthly Pintertest linky party.  I personally cannot believe how many of my friends and family have joined pinterest in the past month.  Suddenly I'm following WAY more people than I could ever keep up with!  Thankfully, the same pins get pinned over and over and over, so I'm bound to not miss something :)






I have been neglecting pinterest and taking a little break ever since Christmas. I haven't been pinning much as I've been busy getting Christmas put away, working a little at a time at organizing our basement, cleaning the craft room and planning our upcoming vacation instead.  I did have one pin though that was on my mind all month.  It was this one:






I had this pin on my mind because earlier in January Sienna and her classmates at school made sidewalk paint, and just before they had the chance to go outside and paint with it I had to take Sienna home early to get to a meeting to sign paperwork for the sale of our old house.  So I waited all month for a day when it was slightly on the warmer side (as warm as you can get in Northern Ohio in January!) and, more importantly, when the driveway was dry and free of snow / ice / etc.  I wanted to make sure Sienna got to experience painting the driveway since she didn't get to do it at school.

So, we gathered our supplies according to the recipe on the pin:


We mixed up the ingredients, and since we didn't have a lot of time, just made one color.  Sienna chose for her chalk paint to be PINK :)  Then we headed outside and she started making our driveway beautiful!



I had no idea how it was going to turn out, and was a little nervous when I saw the first strokes she took with the paint brush.  But Sienna was having fun and that's really all that mattered!


As the paint started drying I could see immediately that it was turning out GREAT.  It was pretty chilly and windy so we weren't out for very long, but Sienna had fun the entire time we were out there.

 

 

She also gave me the brush for a few minutes and I wrote her a little message.  You can see on the heart part how well it was turning out as the paint dried:


Of course I wrote a message of love.  I do love my little girl lots and lots!  I also love that we got to try this out together, and I can't wait for spring when we're planning, along with Jaden, to make several colors of the chalk paint and to make the driveway colorful and beautiful!

This was SUPER easy and I definitely recommend anyone with preschool-aged children and up to try it out.  Yet one more "pinteresting" thing I've learned from the super addicting site :)

Comments

Life Happens said…
I pin way too much and there's just not enough time to do it all!!

This is a cute idea to keep the kiddos occupied!

Popular Posts