Weight Loss Wednesday

Weight Loss This Week:  1.6lbs!! I was thrilled.  I forgot last week as I wrote my WLW post that I was having my college roommates up for a Girls Weekend.  So I was able to splurge a little over the weekend and stay strict during the week to produce a good loss.

Total Weight Loss So Far:  8..4 lbs (Original weight-in:  163.4; Today's weigh-in:  155)  Thus, today I got to celebrate losing 5% of my original body weight.  I remember really feeling like I'd accomplished something big the last time around when I lost 10%; it seems like that will be here soon.  Time flies by so quickly these days.

Eating Plan:  Weight Watchers Points Plus 

Exercise Plan:  Today I began the exercise portion of my plan with 15 minutes of cardio to warm up followed by lifting for 30 minutes.  Then it was lunchtime and I had to get my kids fed!   My goal is to do some form of physical activity for at least 15 minutes every single day with 5 days of at least 30 minutes of cardio and I'm going to do resistance training 3x a week.

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  Last week I mentioned tracking.  That's weight watchers talk for writing down everything that I eat, and it's especially important since I'm learning new points values for every food I eat.  Not to mention it's great to look over the day to see how I'm doing.

This past week I really focused on the importance of drinking water throughout the day.  I bought these cups for Jaden and Sienna for Christmas (errr, I mean Santa did), but I'm using one each day for myself:



Dark photo thanks to the iphone, but you get my drift.  I keep this thing filled with ice water all day long and I find that having a straw to drink out of helps for some reason.  I try to take a drink of water after two bites of food during a meal so that it draws out my meal and I fill up.

Recipes to Share:  Today at my WW meeting I shared this recipe found on pinterest.  Click on the photo for details!



I use only olive oil (no butter) for this potato and it's delicious.  Goes great with fish and vegetables!


Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:  I'm finding that my low carb, high protein shake is helping me mid-day to keep from wanting to snack on whatever the kids are having.  Look for Carb Control shakes by EAS in the same aisle as Slim Fast at your grocery store.

Also, I wanted to share a great meal that I find to be more than satisfying:




I'm trying to eat meals half this size usually, but on Wednesdays our schedule is NUTS right now and I'm forced to combine two of my smaller meals into one bigger one.  So today this was it.  And it only was 10 points plus values (560 calories)

2 slices light wheat bread
1 entire can starkist chunk lite tuna in water
1/4 cup shredded sharp cheddar (I recommend measuring this so that you know you're not having too much)
30 light original pringles
4 clementines

I don't mix anything in with my tuna except for salt and pepper, but you could mix in something and use less cheese or make other adjustments.

The pringles are a treat for me and I have them 1-2 times a week when I'm having an intense salt craving.  15 of them is 2 points; 30 is 3 points.

Goals This Week:  I'd like to lose 1.5 lbs. this week.  That is going to be my goal from here on out unless something special is going on.  I know it won't happen every week, but if I don't set a goal, how will I know what to work towards?

Overall Goals:  To lose 25.8 more lbs or to fit into my size 4 jeans (whichever is first); to work out daily even for just 15 minutes; to start running regularly again and to up my distance to 5 miles at a time before spring (running is such a struggle for me right now being indoors--more on this soon!)

Comments

Lynne said…
This is so helpful! I am really struggling right now to get on WW consistently. I am up and down.

I wrote down your tips and am going to focus this week until Wed meeting.

Examples of meals is what I really find helps me.

My goal is to lost at least 1 pound this week!
Ashley said…
After reading this, I have to say you do NOT look your weight. Keep it up Bethany. You are inspiring me to loose weight. :)

Popular Posts