Weight Loss Wednesday AND Fantastic Food Friday

Weight Loss This Week:  1.6lbs again!  Since I didn't post, I'll report that last week I ended up somehow gaining 0.4.  I think it was because I started resistance training after not doing any lifting for months.

Total Weight Loss So Far:  9.6 lbs (Original weight-in:  163.4; Today's weigh-in:  153.8)  I'm officially the lowest I've weighed since having Bristol in April.  Yay!!

Eating Plan:  Weight Watchers Points Plus 

Exercise Plan:  Trying to fit some activity in everyday with at least 4 great cardio workouts of a half hour or more and 3 solid resistance training sessions, also half hour or more.

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  The new WW points plus program takes into account how our bodies process what we eat.  It takes more energy to process protein and fiber, so these elements in a food make it fewer points, while it takes less energy to process carbs and fat, so those elements make a food more points.  Make sense?  Protein and fiber also make us feel fuller for a longer period of time.  Thus, I'm eating more protein-rich and fiber-rich foods than ever before!

This past week I really focused on the importance of drinking water throughout the day.  I bought these cups for Jaden and Sienna for Christmas (errr, I mean Santa did), but I'm using one each day for myself:

Recipes to Share:  A week and a half ago I found this incredible crock pot recipe magazine at the grocery store.  I love so many of the recipes and can't wait to incorporate them into my make-ahead meals:





So that you all won't feel left out, I thought I'd share four of the recipes that are currently making me drool:




Hearty Vegetable Beef Stew

Now: 
Nonstick cooking spray
2 lb beef chuck roast cut into cubes
12 oz tiny new potatoes, quartered
4 carrots cut into ½-in pieces
1 med onion cut into wedges
1 10.75 oz reduced fat condensed cream of mushroom soup
1 cup low sodium beef broth
1 teaspoon dried marjoram or dried thyme
2 cups frozen cut green beans

Brown beef cubes in skillet coated w/ non-stick spray.  Drain fat.  Cool & place into a freezer bag.  Add remaining ingredients.  Freeze.

Later:
Take stew out of freezer 24-48 hours before cooking and thaw entire time in refrigerator.

Cook in crock pot on low setting 8 hours.

Makes 6 servings, each serving is 8 Weight Watchers Points Plus

Teriyaki Chicken

Now: 
3-3 ½ lb meaty chicken pieces (bone-in, skinned)
¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
¼ cup dry sherry
¼ cup water
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
2 cloves garlic, minced

Place all ingredients, uncooked, into a freezer bag.  Freeze.

Later:
6 cups sliced bok choy or shredded Chinese cabbage
2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds

Take chicken out of freezer 24-48 hours before cooking and thaw entire time in refrigerator.

Cook in crock pot on low setting 5-6 hours.  Add bok choy last 5 minutes.  Serve sprinkled with sesame seeds.

Makes 6-8 servings, each is 6 Weight Watchers Points Plus


Mexican Meatball Stew

Now: 
2 14.5 oz cans Mexican style stewed tomatoes, undrained
24 oz frozen cooked Italian-style turkey meatballs
1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed & drained
1 14.5 oz can seasoned chicken broth w/ roasted garlic
10 oz frozen whole kernel corn

Put all ingredients into freezer bag, mix & freeze.

Later:
Fresh oregano

Take stew out of freezer 24-48 hours before cooking and thaw entire time in refrigerator.

Cook in crock pot on low setting 6-7 hours.

Garnish with fresh oregano to serve.

Makes 8-10 servings, each serving is 8 Weight Watchers Points Plus

Sassy Pork Chops

Now:
2 med peppers (red, green and / or yellow)
2 stalks celery thinly sliced
½ cup chopped onion
8 bone-in pork loin chops, ¾ inch thick
½ teaspoon garlic salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
¼ cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
¼ cup orange juice
1 tablespoons chipotle chile peppers in adobo sauce
½ teaspoon dried oregano

Season chops with salt & pepper, brown on both sides.  Cool and put into freezer bag with remaining ingredients.  Freeze.

Later:
Take chops out of freezer 24-48 hours before cooking and thaw entire time in refrigerator.

Cook in crock pot on low setting 6-7 hours. 

Makes 8 servings, each serving is 5 Weight Watchers Points Plus




Don't say I never did anything for ya ;-)   haha!

Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:  A few of you have asked me about the protein shakes I'm drinking, so I took a few photos.  They are from Costco, although I included a photo of the nutrition information because I'm sure there is a comparable shake at your traditional grocer.




 

Last week I also learned about these fun new substitutes for bread:



I purchased the original and cinnamon flavors, but I have to admit I don't have many uses for them.  I suppose a cinnamon one would be great as the crust for a WW-friendly fruit pizza.  They are sort of like a diet version of an elephant ear.  Well that's what I told myself as I crunched on one anyway!  ha!

Goals This Week:  I'd like to lose 2.4 lbs by February 8th to put me at an even 12 lbs lost so far.  So half of that, 1.2 lbs would be a great loss this week!  I'd also like to get outside at least once to run, and lift 3 times.

Overall Goals:  To lose 24 more lbs or to fit into my size 4 jeans (whichever is first); to work out daily even for just 15 minutes; to increase my mileage for running

Comments

Life Happens said…
You rock! Good job on the weight loss. :)
Allyson said…
What do those 'breads' taste like? I checked out the website... but it almost seems like they would be crispy (and from your description of 'crunching one one'), but the pictures look like pita pockets. Where can you buy them?

Fit Club's first weigh-in was this past Sunday and I lost 5.5!

I am going to have to find that magazine at the store because I love doing crock pot meals, but I don't have a ton of healthy, low-carb ones.

Thanks for sharing!!
Unknown said…
Thank you for posting these! I have a morning this week that I'll be on your side of town. What if I swing by then like we talked about? It would just be me. Let me know.

Popular Posts