Special Gifts
There is something so special about receiving hand-made gifts. Knowing that the person giving it put forth their own time and effort with you in mind means so much. I enjoy giving hand-made gifts as much as I enjoy receiving them, so this Christmas I made my mom, all of my sisters and Scott's brother's girlfriend these braided scarves:
They all seemed to love their new scarves which made the time it took to make each of them very worthwhile. If you'd like to make your own braided scarf, see the tutorial I used to make them here. Maybe once I'm done posting this I'll go and finish the three braided scarves I started for myself :)
Not only did I give some hand-made gifts for Christmas, but my little girls and I also received some very special things made just for us. My mom made Jaden, Sienna and I all scarves (shhh, don't tell, but I'm definitely going to "borrow" Jaden's and Sienna's sometime soon!):
The day after Christmas, my brother gave the girls packages from his girlfriend. Inside were the CUTEST tutus I have ever laid eyes on. I don't know where she shopped for tulle, but it's all glittery and the colors are so sassy. All three girls wore their tutus the day after they opened them, so I took these photos:
It was seriously so sweet of Seth's girlfriend to make these for our three little sweeties!
And finally, Bristol was given the CUTEST hat hand-made by Scott's cousin Corey. Knowing that babies always want to take hats off, she even made a chin-strap on the hat to make removing it more tricky for little B.
Don't get me wrong--we loved all of the gifts we were given this Christmas. But there's just something special knowing that some of our friend and family members thought we were worth the time to make something just for us. These things will be treasured always! Thanks Mom, Caiti & Corey :)
And on that note...I'm off to work on organizing the craft room so that I can do more creating and crafting both for gifts and otherwise!
They all seemed to love their new scarves which made the time it took to make each of them very worthwhile. If you'd like to make your own braided scarf, see the tutorial I used to make them here. Maybe once I'm done posting this I'll go and finish the three braided scarves I started for myself :)
Not only did I give some hand-made gifts for Christmas, but my little girls and I also received some very special things made just for us. My mom made Jaden, Sienna and I all scarves (shhh, don't tell, but I'm definitely going to "borrow" Jaden's and Sienna's sometime soon!):
The day after Christmas, my brother gave the girls packages from his girlfriend. Inside were the CUTEST tutus I have ever laid eyes on. I don't know where she shopped for tulle, but it's all glittery and the colors are so sassy. All three girls wore their tutus the day after they opened them, so I took these photos:
It was seriously so sweet of Seth's girlfriend to make these for our three little sweeties!
And finally, Bristol was given the CUTEST hat hand-made by Scott's cousin Corey. Knowing that babies always want to take hats off, she even made a chin-strap on the hat to make removing it more tricky for little B.
Don't get me wrong--we loved all of the gifts we were given this Christmas. But there's just something special knowing that some of our friend and family members thought we were worth the time to make something just for us. These things will be treasured always! Thanks Mom, Caiti & Corey :)
And on that note...I'm off to work on organizing the craft room so that I can do more creating and crafting both for gifts and otherwise!










Comments