Weight Loss Wednesday

Weight Loss Wednesdays are back and ready for the new year!  I'm pumped to get moving and to dropping the rest of this baby weight plus some!

Weight Loss This Week:  1.2lbs!! This was unexpected since I didn't stress over having some extra desserts and more fattening than usual appetizers over the holidays.  Now that the Christmas and New Years festivities are over though, it's time to get serious!

Total Weight Loss So Far:  6.8 lbs (Original weight-in:  163.4; Today's weigh-in:  156.6)

Eating Plan:  Weight Watchers Points Plus 

Exercise Plan:  I planned to start working out regularly this week, but a sinus infection combined with respiratory infection has gotten in the way.  The minute I feel better, I'll be putting the exercise plans in motion.  My goal is to do some form of physical activity for at least 15 minutes every single day with 5 days of at least 30 minutes of cardio and I'm going to do resistance training 3x a week.

New Weight Loss or Diet Knowledge to Share:  Tracking every single bite I take is HUGE.  This week I vow to write down everything I eat--good, bad and / or ugly!

Recipes to Share:  I haven't looked up or used any new recipes this week, but I will be soon.

Favorite {Diet} Food Finds:  I'm drinking a high protein, low carb shake once a day.  I shared the EAS carb control shakes previously and the one I'm drinking now is pretty much the same thing, just Costco brand.  I'm also going to be eating more fish, so I picked up a few varieties at Costco.  I would love it if we lived on the coast and could buy more fresh seafood, but since we don't, I'm willing to buy frozen.  Better than nothing!

Goals This Week:  I'd like to lose 2 lbs. this week.  Now that I'm back on the program and not indulging at all I should be able to do it!

Overall Goals:  To lose 26.5 more lbs or to fit into my size 4 jeans (whichever is first); to starting lifting 3x a week and to do 30+ minutes of cardio 5x a week; to start running regularly again and to up my distance to 5 miles at a time before spring 

Scott's brother has issued a challenge to Scott and I for the new year.  He is following this program and has challenged us to do so also:

1. Eat small meals more often, rather then only breakfast, lunch and dinner - studies show your stomach only needs a meal the size of your fist to be satisfied.  Eating every few hours, with smaller meals boosts metabolism.

2. No sugar or white flower - tortillas, white break, cookies, pastry, bagels, etc.

3. Workout every day for at least 15 minutes- even if it's doing sit ups or push ups - I'm going to try and get more then 15 minutes, but if I set the bar at 15 minutes I can't come up with any excuse not to do it.

4. Drink water, Green Tea and vegetable juices - no fruit juices, diet drinks, energy drinks or anything with sugar or fake sugar-see number 2

5. No fake sugar substitues- Aspartame is just as bad if not worse for the body then sugar 

6. Eat carrots, apples or bananas as snacks - fruit should be eaten rather then put in a glass.  The fiber in the fruit allows the body to absorb the sugars more naturally.

7. Eat Macrobiotic meals (Scott's mom's meals that she makes--vegan, no sugar)

8. Psyllium - take as directed to keep food moving if Macro won't do it for you

9. Eat Fish 3 times/week - salmon at least once - fish protein is much easier to digest then beef, chicken, shrimp, etc.  Cooking fish and dousing it with fresh lemon and covering with pepper is awesome!

10. Limit alcohol intake - once your body goes from being slightly buzzed (1-2 beers) to intoxicated (3 or more) your metabolism shifts and you start processing what you ate for the day as complex carbs.  The term beer gut comes to mind.


I'm taking my brother-in-law up on this challenge and doing all I can to stick to this plan 100%.  I don't eat Macrobiotic meals per se, but I do love veggies, fish and brown rice, all of which are macrobiotic-approved.  I'll be incorporating the exercise hopefully tomorrow or Friday, as soon as I break out of this sickness and I will share more on the psyllium component next week! 

I'm giving this challenge 30 days; if I lose more weight in these 30 days than I did in the first 30 days of my weight loss in 2010, then I will continue.  The biggest challenge for me is not drinking diet soda here and there.  The rest is exactly in line with how I want to eat anyway.

Thank you for the encouragement on this journey!

Comments

Mo (New on U) said…
I congratulate your success so far, Bethany. I just joined weight watchers online because no matter how much I work out, I can't seem to drop the 10 pounds I would like. Turns out, I over eat by like 15-20 points a day. The program is just a little nudge in the direction of eating right - I'm learning a lot already. Good luck!
Life Happens said…
Yay for you! I'm sure you will not have a problem meeting your goal weight!

Popular Posts