This week so far...

This week started off great. On Monday we went to Walmart to buy long dowel rods so that Jaden and Sienna could make their own flags:

They used large pieces of construction paper, markers and Hello Kitty stickers to draw on their flags. Then I taped the paper to their dowel rods and they immediately started waving their flags!

All week they've been waving their creations around. It's the little things that make them so happy :)

On Tuesday evening Scott and I got to go out on a date :) For our anniversary two weeks ago Scott's mom gave us money for dinner and offered to watch the girls so that we could go out. My little sister watched the girls on our anniversary night so we took Scott's mom up on her offer this week instead. We ate at Luchita's (mexican!) and the food was incredible, as always.

The best part is always dessert--their fried ice cream is AMAZING! We ordered one to share and then when it came Scott decided that he needed to eat the entire thing (ha!). So I ordered one for myself. There isn't really anything fried about their fried ice cream--it's one scoop of vanilla covered in corn flakes and caramel sauce. YUM! I was excited the next morning at Weight Watchers to find out I'd lost a pound even though I'd eaten that dessert. Ice cream is the one dairy food that I just can never say no to!

On Wednesday my aunt invited us to her little town to watch a patriotic parade. Every year her town has this parade to kick off their July 4th festival. We hung out with my aunt for a few hours before the big event and the kids enjoyed playing with a bubble machine that I picked up for them...


My aunt grilled burgers for us for dinner while Sienna played with her dog, Rocky. Sienna is such a lover of all things--from dogs to babies to her stuffed animals, she's always loving on something!

The weather was perfect so we played outside and then finally at 5:30 we sat down for a picnic dinner by the curb to eat while we waited on the parade.

My sister Brooke and nephews Parker and Preston joined us as well. The kids were so cute eating their picnic dinner together!

During the parade we got more candy than we ever though we'd get. Some people just threw one or two pieces for the whole group, but most threw one handful per child standing there!! It was crazy how much candy we came home with. I'm hiding it from myself now--don't want to put back on the pound I lost last week!


My nephews are such cutie pies; couldn't help but take a few photos of them...


On the way home that evening Sienna fell asleep, but Jaden did not. She kept talking to me and I didn't notice until we were almost home that she was talking to me through her canvas bag:

She told me the sun was in her eyes and she couldn't find her sunglasses, so she had to wear her bag! ha! At least she was innovative enough to think of using the bag :)

The rest of this week we've been playing at the waterpark nearby, which we're heading to in a few minutes again. We've also been riding bikes on the driveway, shopping for the July 4th festivities and reading lots of stories. Jaden started doing a connect-the-dot book that I got her to help with number recognition and she's doing very well. We're going to work on that book and several others this summer to make sure she retains all that she learned this year as well as builds on those concepts to learn more new things.

I hope you all are having as good of a summer as we are! This week has been great and the weekend will be even better :)

Comments

Grammy Pammy said…
love the flags...jaden kept talking about it and we looked for sticks at the park:) They are so presious. Happy 4th

Popular Posts