Geauga Lake Wildwater Kingdom
I've mentioned Geauga Lake on here several times, but have yet to post any photos from our days spent there this summer. So today is as good as any, eh?
When I was growing up, Geauga Lake was the amusement and water park that we went to most often. It was filled with many fun things for children of all ages and I have fond memories of my sisters, cousins, parents, aunts, uncles and I all going there for many thrilling rides, yummy fair-type food and all of the water sliding action a girl could want.
There used to also be a Sea World right next to Geauga Lake, but they pulled out over 10 years ago because Ohio weather isn't very good for a Sea-life water park. I think they were losing money from only really being open 3-4 months out of the year and they decided to just focus on their California and Florida parks.
It was sad to bid farewell to Shamu, and even more sad when Geauga Lake decided to tear down the amusement park rides in the fall of 2007. Now it is just a water park, owned and operated by Cedar Fairs (owners of Cedar Point, Kings Island and many other parks nationwide).
Since Geauga Lake Wildwater Kingdom has so much more to do for small children than our neighborhood pool, we've been getting season passes to go there for 4 years now. Jaden and Sienna love the children's area where there are 7 slides that they will go down and we also enjoy the wave pool most times we go to the park.
This summer we're trying to make Thursday our "Geauga Lake day" and we've been there most Thursdays so far. We always pack a picnic lunch and sometimes we even meet up with friends there.
Both Jaden and Sienna amaze me with their bravery on the slides and as I watch them closely in the water I often daydream about the many summers I too spent at Geauga Lake as a kid!
When I was growing up, Geauga Lake was the amusement and water park that we went to most often. It was filled with many fun things for children of all ages and I have fond memories of my sisters, cousins, parents, aunts, uncles and I all going there for many thrilling rides, yummy fair-type food and all of the water sliding action a girl could want.
There used to also be a Sea World right next to Geauga Lake, but they pulled out over 10 years ago because Ohio weather isn't very good for a Sea-life water park. I think they were losing money from only really being open 3-4 months out of the year and they decided to just focus on their California and Florida parks.
It was sad to bid farewell to Shamu, and even more sad when Geauga Lake decided to tear down the amusement park rides in the fall of 2007. Now it is just a water park, owned and operated by Cedar Fairs (owners of Cedar Point, Kings Island and many other parks nationwide).
Since Geauga Lake Wildwater Kingdom has so much more to do for small children than our neighborhood pool, we've been getting season passes to go there for 4 years now. Jaden and Sienna love the children's area where there are 7 slides that they will go down and we also enjoy the wave pool most times we go to the park.
This summer we're trying to make Thursday our "Geauga Lake day" and we've been there most Thursdays so far. We always pack a picnic lunch and sometimes we even meet up with friends there.
Both Jaden and Sienna amaze me with their bravery on the slides and as I watch them closely in the water I often daydream about the many summers I too spent at Geauga Lake as a kid!


Comments